Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bug Reports

Technomancer

Liturgist
Between you and Stratopator's reports I've got my weekend booked.
RIP lol :lol:

So what about that free hershel research? It gives something else and I just didn't notice? If it's bugged could use the power boost from the most expensive tech. Should probably make only that last one free since he specifically mentions technology in the context of energy.

On the other hand that final tech is extremely powerful (boosted my power by 4k) and again trivializes power management and kills progression (because you get best hershell stuff for free for too little effort). If possible I would add another little cheap hershell tech that would boost power efficiency by 1% or something like that (flat small power boost) and reward it for the first computer instead.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Used to be a 100% discount on the last tech. Figured trivializing that wasn't cool for characters that were built to get rich, so I turned it into a small energy boost that you get with your first payment. I'll mention that and make it an explicit tech. Those are fun to make. Yeah the progression curve needs a little adjustment. Thanks.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Lots of broken animations in the game. Little things but they scream indie jank.

This one in particular is driving me nuts. Basically, when you click on 3D printer on the base while being somewhat afar, your character will either run or walk slowly to it and they get stuck in walking or running animation while UI opens up. It is just so distracting, been like that since release. Considering how much you use this screen it is really jarring to see it so often. Please fix it.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Chineese base badly needs polish. Many things are still borked or messed up. I used that ladder and after going down my character teleported several meters from the ladder.

jeYE6RX.jpeg

Last edited:

Technomancer

Liturgist
Another bug with the ladder. If you start descending from the upper floor and reconsider you can't get up. You need to go all way down and start ascending from the bottom.

WCEXqYn.jpeg

Technomancer

Liturgist
That door is broken since release and I already reported that bug. No collision, no opening animation. It's very glitchy and you just phase through it.

U9Q9mNj.jpeg

Technomancer

Liturgist
Hard to see on the screen but every time you talk with this dude your character teleports on the boxes nearby and floats in the air.

ovvsaqn.jpg

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Thanks. If you clicked something else before triggering a point of interest it would sometimes keep an old animation state. I could never figure out why because of some undocumented Unity stuff, but I finally did, so I fixed that this weekend. That got rid of the glitch at the printer, along with a few others.

Fixed everything else as well. I'm going through Tuxing Liu one more time before I'm committing the next update.

Technomancer

Liturgist
I'm going through Tuxing Liu one more time before I'm committing the next update.
Standing up from the ladder anims are a bit off but I'm not sure it's something you can fix or that it's a bug at all.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
I fixed the ladder by axing it. I added the elevator in 1.2 and the ladder is nothing more than an annoying waste of time for both me and the player at this point. You can still interact with it and look down to see Daxia working -or not-, but it says "This looks like an emergency ladder. There is a perfectly good elevator nearby." if you examine it.

AureliusMMXII

Educated
Don't know if you're still patching this, but I believe I've got the latest Steam version. I'm a couple of hours in and I've encountered a few typos:

Tutorial text 'Methane Pump Instructions':
First paragraph, third sentence: "You can connect straight pieces or curved pieces of hose by clicking on them and dragging them to a particular suare with the mouse." (square I presume?)
Second paragraph, second sentence: "If a rock is in the way, you can prtially melt it..." (partially?)

Tutorial text 'Character Sheet Instructions':
Section 'Condition', subsection 'Nutrition', third sentence: "If you're malnourished for too lang, you die." (long?)

Tutorial text 'Time Instructions':
First paragraph, second sentence: "Click on the wach button on the right side to pass the time to that point." (watch I'm guessing)

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Thanks. Yes I am, by request I even have a working Steamdeck test build up even though that's on the backburner because I'm trying to get the Jovian combat test out before the end of the year.

I had fixed the 'too lang, you die' one, but that might be in 1.331 which isn't live yet.

Hope you're enjoying it!

Technomancer

Liturgist
Damn it, Torque Master is fucked. Some sort of overflow that makes rover energy infinite since it recovers faster than it drains even while on the move. I have zero rover upgrades. This shit sucks, robbed myself of any further exploration challenges and I my only other option is to replay large part of progress and take some other perk (all other options are extremely lame and would gimp my build). MF can I link you the save so you could fix it manually? Or explain what I need to hex edit to unfuck it. I don't want to wait half a year for a patch.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
MF why drinking coffee sets my awareness to 12? I have 10 and item description only mentions a +1.
I'm going to have to look that up. I completely rewrote the buff/debuff system for TJS and I don't remember exactly.
Damn it, Torque Master is fucked. Some sort of overflow that makes rover energy infinite since it recovers faster than it drains even while on the move. I have zero rover upgrades. This shit sucks, robbed myself of any further exploration challenges and I my only other option is to replay large part of progress and take some other perk (all other options are extremely lame and would gimp my build). MF can I link you the save so you could fix it manually? Or explain what I need to hex edit to unfuck it. I don't want to wait half a year for a patch.
The Rover power becoming practically infinite happens if you max it out with torque master, it's supposed to free you to explore the far part of Titan. Shouldn't happen with zero upgrades though. I'll check it out and get back to you ASAP.

Technomancer

Liturgist
I'm going to have to look that up. I completely rewrote the buff/debuff system for TJS and I don't remember exactly.
Its kinda weird. I tried 10 Awareness char with Coffee Addict trait and it correctly raises it to 11. On my fresh Rich Kid 10 Awareness char it goes to 12 for no reason.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Its kinda weird. I tried 10 Awareness char with Coffee Addict trait and it correctly raises it to 11. On my fresh Rich Kid 10 Awareness char it goes to 12 for no reason.
Caffeine drinks have short inverse fatigue buff as well as an awareness buff. You'll find that physicality is also raised temporarily. Those modifiers aren't explained in the character screen because they're gone as soon as you build up a little fatigue. It probably should, though. Coffee addicts don't get the inverse fatigue buff stacked as they're permantely fatigued under the hood.
Drinks also have a hidden potency value that determines length, which is far greater for coffee addicts so it balances out.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Those modifiers aren't explained in the character screen because they're gone as soon as you build up a little fatigue. It probably should, though.
Yeah I thought about the possibility of it working as intended and it being an obscure mechanic. No problem if so but yeah, should be explained somewhere.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom