Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bug Reports

TurtleCheese

Literate
Is it a bug that the outside LTAM keeps producing Hydrokinetic Pumps without consuming any resources? (once the 95% finished pump from the game start is complete, it still keeps producing pumps)

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Thanks!

1: I receive 5150 WCU instead of just 150 WCU when the Hesiod arrives for the first time. Is the additional 5000 a bug?
2: Buying spare parts from Phil doesn't add any to the outpost or player inventory. Buying food, minerals and polymers work normally, haven't tested plutonium.

You're not supposed to receive 5000 WCU. I haven't been able to reproduce that one. Did you pick the Rich Kid trait or not? Ordering in spare parts is bugged. Will fix.

So 'Titan Flight research' was the culprit. :?
Yes. Already fixed for next patch.
Note that when 'buying' from the Hesiod I always max minerals and spare parts. I don't really understand why plutonium is offered as there's no way you can normally get the required funds.
It's a tantalising offer that is off limits for almost every build.

Cobalt Arsenide, apparently that's an infinite stack of ore ;)
Fixed in next patch.

Minor whining:
-refresh construction panel on entering outpost
Good point. Added in next patch.
-Some dialogue options remain available even though they have no use anymore. One example is the 'Do you have any assignments for me ?' question when talking to Karen. If I then use such a dialogue option, Communications immediately 'break down' (I'm thrown out of the conversation windows, directly back to the Outpost) and I'm stuck in the chair at the Comms panel. After pressing Esc and then clicking on 'Continue' my Character will be moved out of the chair.
Ah. Thanks. I noticed I didn't consider a couple of permuations of Karen's quests. You usually have a new option lined up before you finish the others. I will go through the whole chain again and fix any loose ends.
-When talking to Karen, her face isn't always shown in the conversation panel - instead I see a view on a couple of monitors.
That shouldn't happen, but it's probably related to the loose ends problem above.

More whining:
-At the start of the game while you haven't used the Rover to explore yet, if you 'Set a Waypoint' for the Drone then Abaya Lacus (beside Feia Lacus and the Outpost) is listed as one of the available options, despite the fact that it's not (yet) shown on the map.
Will fix.

Is it a bug that the outside LTAM keeps producing Hydrokinetic Pumps without consuming any resources? (once the 95% finished pump from the game start is complete, it still keeps producing pumps)
That's a bug, the cause is something completely unrelated. Will fix.

TurtleCheese

Literate
Keep up the good work.

Also, is the Food Rations from Lost Shipment being unprocessable finally fixed?

Playing with the 1.04 patch. The Rechargeable battery works fine now and I can embezzle Methane :).

Something strange happens when visting the 'Lost Shipment' site. If I select one or more items they all disappear but none of the items actually turn up in my inventory ?!

Some minor issues:
-After completing research, if you don't click on 'Completed Research' but go directly to the Research panel the completed Research will be listed at >100% with a negative completion time.
-After finding Wally I removed his hand from his face. Later I returned for the Iris scan and his hand was back on his helm ?!
-The last used iterm seems to reappear in the inventory panel or pop up when leaving the base. In the latter case it's not interfering with anything though. Just to clarify, I leave the Outpost and then the picture/icon of Wally's wallet pops up (but it does not impede anything).

I have used Awareness and Hacking to access Willy's wallet. However neither Karl nor Karen trigger a follow-up ?!

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I could fix the comm antenna, the first thing as I reach the outpost, but I still get shitty reception when I hail IASA.

The game appears to ignore Rover upgrades after quitting the game (even gamers need sleep sometimes) and then starting the game again. I have 3 Rover upgrades (Herschel Motor Control, Motors MkII, Self-Charge) and earlier on I could easily get to Ara Fluctus and then Menvra Crater without having to stop along the way to let the Rover recharge.

Now I can just go to Polelya Macula and back without the Rover running out of charge. Sleeping for 12 hours gets the Rover back to 28,89% charge which feels way off, considering the upgrades. Basically I had to sleep for days to get to Ara Fluctus and back again. Seeing how important traveling on Titan becomes the further the game progresses, this is a real issue.

Also I almost get the feeling that moving diagonally uses more charge ?!

After manufacturing the Rover Air Folds, I could explore normally again using the Rover. Basically I can now race across the Titan surface (sort of). However the points of interest did not trigger at Menvra Crater ?! This was corrected by quitting and restarting the game.

At Hetpet Region, I noticed that the text for the third triangulation point reads first point. Apart from the 'wrong' text, exploring the point does lead normally to the fourth point.

Note that while restarting the game 'fixed' some problems, it caused some other issues.
-Drone waypoints getting messed up.
-I hired Jade and put her on 'Management' but she switched back to the default 'Construction' task.

New research now triggers assuming your Science skill is high enough (4).

In the Base of the Chinese, I headed a level down to speak with the female Engineer Daxia . If I try to get up again to the main level, my character grabs the stair rails and shortly the buttons come up on the right, but then my character lets go of the stair rails again and I cannot climb up. Reloading the game resolves this. When walking throught he Chinese Outpost my character is prone to stopping and infinitely twirling around. This happens at other locations as well, like when getting back into the Rover, but at the Chinese base it's happening almost constantly.

Trading with Yat-sen does not work. I get dropped out of the conversation window.
Some of the later missions don't seem to trigger (correctly), like 'Van Loon' coming to the Outpost or triggering his anti-IASA mission (cannot get Ekta to join in on that?!). I also wonder how helping out the Chinese should work. Clearly you're supposed to get something from their broken Rover (to fix the broken submersible), but they are no help in figuring things out.

I'm getting negative Methane, despite running 3 Drones and having 6 Methane Tanks by now.

I still get video crashes when talking to Val - this time when she's joined me at the Outpost.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Thanks! I added these to the list.

Karl does have a followup when you've opened William's wallet. Have you read the data entry? The real followup comes later from another character, but you should be able to check in with both Karl and Karen about it. I'll double check.

In the Base of the Chinese, I headed a level down to speak with the female Engineer Daxia . If I try to get up again to the main level, my character grabs the stair rails and shortly the buttons come up on the right, but then my character lets go of the stair rails again and I cannot climb up. Reloading the game resolves this. When walking throught he Chinese Outpost my character is prone to stopping and infinitely twirling around. This happens at other locations as well, like when getting back into the Rover, but at the Chinese base it's happening almost constantly.

The stair thing has already been fixed for the next version. The twirling is a known issue that's hard to solve, but I'll get to that.

Trading with Yat-sen does not work. I get dropped out of the conversation window.
Oops. That's a test flag, will fix.

Some of the later missions don't seem to trigger (correctly), like 'Van Loon' coming to the Outpost or triggering his anti-IASA mission (cannot get Ekta to join in on that?!). I also wonder how helping out the Chinese should work. Clearly you're supposed to get something from their broken Rover (to fix the broken submersible), but they are no help in figuring things out.
Van Hoorn never comes to the Outpost. When he says he's coming to Titan, that means he'll be orbiting it. His anti-IASA mission is triggered (at the earliest) after the mail on 12/8/2077 or the event at 5/6/2078, depending on what you did. You should get an email from him, after which you can contact him about it. You can get Ekta to join, but it's really difficult. Getting the best ending on that is probably one of the hardest things to do in the game, but it's not necessary at all.

As for the Chinese. You don't need a part from their broken Rover, you need to fix the broken motor that is lying on a workbench on the top floor of the base at the Throat of Kraken. Kuo says that it 'should be lying around here somewhere'. I'll add a faint blue light to it in the next version, it's easy to miss on darker screens without bright mode.

I'm getting negative Methane, despite running 3 Drones and having 6 Methane Tanks by now.
What do you mean negative methane? Not enough to make the shipments? Or is the counter somehow showing negative numbers?
I still get video crashes when talking to Val - this time when she's joined me at the Outpost.

Ah, that means I misjudged the earlier cause. I'll try to reproduce this again. I think it's the shader I wrote for her hair, of all things.

Last edited:
Karl does have a followup when you've opened William's wallet. Have you read the data entry? The real followup comes later from another character, but you should be able to check in with both Karl and Karen about it. I'll double check.

I have read the data entry and actually finished the game with the supercomputer in a few variants. I did get the conversation with the big boss at IASA, neural manifold stuff and so forth, but nothing from Karen or Karl. Val seems to be an issue as well. I already went through all 'terraform' research but she does not seem impressed. The same issue occurs with the explosives. I hacked the construction table and created a number of explosives but despite having them in my inventory, Val does not seem to notice.

What do you mean negative methane? Not enough to make the shipments? Or is the counter somehow showing negative numbers?

I think the waypoint issues caused Methane production to plummet so I did not have enough for the next shipment (5th or 6th, 2500 Methane or so) - which seemed to be much earlier than indicated. The negative number occurs after clicking Max in the freighter screen - the game will fill up the freighter despite not having Methane in storage and you get a leftover negative number.

Some minor things:
Processing Spare Parts yields more Polymers than what's required to construct them ?! Also some achievements are not triggered, this applies to 'Level Up' and 'Methane Tycoon'. I finished the game with Jade and Val at the Outpost but still got the 'Only the lonely' achievement ?!

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
I have read the data entry and actually finished the game with the supercomputer in a few variants. I did get the conversation with the big boss at IASA, neural manifold stuff and so forth, but nothing from Karen or Karl. Val seems to be an issue as well. I already went through all 'terraform' research but she does not seem impressed. The same issue occurs with the explosives. I hacked the construction table and created a number of explosives but despite having them in my inventory, Val does not seem to notice.
That's great that you finished multiple runs.

I'll double check all the dialogue nodes on those quests. I already found an error in the explosives part. As for the terraform research, has the fungus spread enough yet? It takes a couple of months after completing that research to form enough soil to proceed. Go outside and check if the fungus has spread far enough beyond the external greenhouse. It needs to cover about at least half of the Outpost hill.

I think the waypoint issues caused Methane production to plummet so I did not have enough for the next shipment (5th or 6th, 2500 Methane or so) - which seemed to be much earlier than indicated. The negative number occurs after clicking Max in the freighter screen - the game will fill up the freighter despite not having Methane in storage and you get a leftover negative number.
Ah, I see. Will fix. Thanks.

Processing Spare Parts yields more Polymers than what's required to construct them ?! Also some achievements are not triggered, this applies to 'Level Up' and 'Methane Tycoon'. I finished the game with Jade and Val at the Outpost but still got the 'Only the lonely' achievement ?!
Yes, Spare Parts should be more expensive now, but I forgot to commit that. As for the achievements, will fix in the next patch. I'm also working on a new tutorial right now, so that will probably land next week.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
1.05 is done. Most of the tutorial will have to wait for 1.06. I wanted to roll out all the fixes people asked for first.

Some bugs to report in the current version I'm afraid.

First off I started from scratch with the new version for a day, but the next day I could not load the saved games ?! Loading would start but in the end Windows would state that the game had crashed.

So I restarted again and noticed some known issues resurfacing:
-I transferred the plutonium from the Herschel egg but it does not show up in my inventory.
-I made a second hydropump and placed it at the second lake - Abaya Lacus. However the option to connect the pump and tank does not trigger when I head over to that lake to hook up things. I do hear the sound but the dialog is not triggered.

Other stuff:
-The Ice Volcano does not always seem to trigger the additional dialog (initially this worked but after loading a previous save because I got stuck going for Willy's eye this dialog was no longer triggered). I might try this again after a restart of the game.
-I was ordering supplies from Van Hoorn and this seems somehow stuck. If I next try to trade with Talt the trade dialog window will show the amounts I wanted to buy from Van Hoorn, but I cannot leave the dialog box to the point of not being to load/quit in a normal way.

Quitting the game to the desktop and then restarting the game by loading a save game, resolved these two issues:
-I transferred the plutonium from the Herschel egg but it does not show up in my inventory.
-I made a second hydropump and placed it at the second lake - Abaya Lacus. However the option to connect the pump and tank does not trigger when I head over to that lake to hook up things. I do hear the sound but the dialog is not triggered.

The latter did cause some confusing with regards to the drones carrying around full tanks without emptying them, but resetting way points and producing an additional methane tank in the end sorted this out.

The same trick, restart the game, was necessary to get the items from the crashed satellite. So this seems to be a structural problem somehow.

Also had an issue that saving the game failed - in a sort of similar way as loading would fail. I could only revert back to a different saved game to get back in the game.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Thanks. I'll get on those ASAP. What do you mean with the cryovolcano dialog? The one you get by clicking on the 'ice sculpture' itself?

The save game issues sound bad. Usually that means that a value was stored in an old save game that is incompatible with the new version (I try to avoid that as much as possible and keep old save games compatible, but some things can't be helped.) But if you started a new game with this version, I'll have to dig a little deeper. I changed a few checks for Steam. Do you play with Steam online?

Thanks. I'll get on those ASAP. What do you mean with the cryovolcano dialog? The one you get by clicking on the 'ice sculpture' itself?

The save game issues sound bad. Usually that means that a value was stored in an old save game that is incompatible with the new version (I try to avoid that as much as possible and keep old save games compatible, but some things can't be helped.) But if you started a new game with this version, I'll have to dig a little deeper. I changed a few checks for Steam. Do you play with Steam online?

That's indeed the one you get by clicking one the 'ice sculpture'.

With regards to the Trade dialog window - while it shows previously used values, if you click to increase the amount the value actually starts at 0. Maybe the crashes with the Trade dialog window are caused by opening the window then closing it without changing anything and then these 'dummy values' make a mess of things ?

Some other wacky thing I saw was after doing the stuff at Kraken's Throat, I later returned to the Chinese base and when I ask to be let in, the face of Van Hoorn is shown instead of the Chinese face ?!

Note that all games were started from scratch using the 1.05 version (didn't see any further updates yet). I don't know what you specifically mean with 'Steam Online' ? I launch the game through a shortcut - not directly through the Steam client but that client is running in the background.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Your post made me dive in, and I stumbled apon a little exploit. Harmless for the enjoyment and purely beneficial if one chooses to exploit it, but it breaks the game a bit. After making the first fuse with the volcano ice you can install that into the generator. If you do it fast you can install the same fuse a few dozen times. You only get the efficiency boost once, but you get 50 xp for each attempt. You can powerlevel to insane degrees if you want, to the point where you break the game because no feats are offered on level up, softlocking the game in the level up screen.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
Oh and another larger one. If you get the woman from the Indians as your first staff member, and then open the com channel to the Indian head woman, and immediatly beg for another team member, and then open persuade the game softlocks.
You just sit there while nothing happens and you can't open the menu screen because the game assumes you are in the negotiation screen.

I think the game tries to fetch the negotiation UI but fails because there isn't another staff member you can fetch so early. IDK tho.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Oh and another larger one..

You can get a second companion right away if your negotiation skill is high enough or you have some leverage on Ekta. I've been trying to reproduce it for the last hour, approaching that conversation in different ways, but it worked fine every time. It sounds bad, so I looked through the code but can't find anything wrong there either. Looks like the negotiation panel was blocked for a totally unrelated reason. There is no way to trace that down, but I've added a check for that so it can't happen anymore. Thanks.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
Yeah if it isn't tied to the specific conversation the error sources are pretty much endless. Maybe something resolution related since I am running two monitors?
Anyway a small check should work. I had the same bug appear in a prior conversation, so I will tell you when it reappears.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Could be anything, indeed, but the check should cover it. Alright, thanks, I'd still like to know what triggered it. Building the fix right now, it'll probably be online sometime tomorrow.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Some issues with bribery: If I go into a negotiation with 100 spacebucks, do a bribe of 50, and then try to do another bribe, the amount of money it says I have reverts to 100, even as the positive sway accumulates across attempts. Either the wallet or the sway counter doesn't update properly.

Also, please for the love of God allow us to raise or lower the amount by more than 1 at a time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom