Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bugs and issues (spoilers)

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I'm in the tower of Zamedi. Grabbed the ring, used it to weaken the guardian then fight him.

I can't fight.

But it's cool, because he is immune to the flame knockback from the throwing thing, but he still can't pass through it. So I use this to get away from the dude and make it to the lower level. Problem is, combat doesn't end. I can't make it end.

I guess for now I'll just have to give him the ring. A shame.

EDIT: Returning to inferia after talking down that dude seems wonky too. Trying to talk to him again while he's at the console restarts the convo as if you just came down the hole.

Last edited:

Alex

Arcane
I'm in the tower of Zamedi. Grabbed the ring, used it to weaken the guardian then fight him.

I can't fight.

But it's cool, because he is immune to the flame knockback from the throwing thing, but he still can't pass through it. So I use this to get away from the dude and make it to the lower level. Problem is, combat doesn't end. I can't make it end.

I guess for now I'll just have to give him the ring. A shame.

EDIT: Returning to inferia after talking down that dude seems wonky too. Trying to talk to him again while he's at the console restarts the convo as if you just came down the hole.

Did you try equipping the ring?

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
When I try to fix the light bridge, it says [success], but nothing happens? And I can just infinite loop that.

Is it just unclear that I need something more and a bad script?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
The font of the text in the journal is too big and therefore some text is cut off. I'm using Win8.

The red text at the bottom of the trade screen (press this or that to do this or that, etc.) is in the same box as the item descriptions. I don't think the two texts are supposed to appear on top of each other?

Also, the game crashed when I was expelled from Madoraan and clicked on 'Leave'. I sent the automatic bug report on this one.

Stompa

Arcane
Here's what I get after finishing Maadoran's Forty Thieves' questline and leaving for Ganezzar:

sBcAcBS.jpg

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
When I try to fix the light bridge, it says [success], but nothing happens? And I can just infinite loop that.

Is it just unclear that I need something more and a bad script?
You need something more.

Either a yellow gem that you can get in Maadoran from a house near the palace or by using a gem in a amulet that Feng sells you

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Am I supposed to be getting a -15 reaction penalty at 6 charisma? I thought it was meant to be 0.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I am not entirely sure if this is a known issue or just a weird thing that happens only on my computer, but I launched the game and well, I didn't even bother hitting "new game" because there appears to have an issue with the mouse on my computer ; the pointer seemed to move in the down direction on its own accord, randmoly, making it appear to be very tedious.

So I uninstalled and decided to start Shadowrun Hongkong :(

It's a game I really want to play, though, so I'll probably try it after a few patches or wait for the issue to resolve itself, or actually try to do something myself :o

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Just got to thiefs guild in ganezzar. It feels very sudden, now I need some 7 lockpicking and a bunch of traps skill to progress? The last missions have done nothing to suggest this was coming as mandatory checks. Nothing to it but reloading and trying to find some place to farm up some skill points :/

Stompa

Arcane
Just got to thiefs guild in ganezzar. It feels very sudden, now I need some 7 lockpicking and a bunch of traps skill to progress? The last missions have done nothing to suggest this was coming as mandatory checks. Nothing to it but reloading and trying to find some place to farm up some skill points :/

You serious, m8? Previous Forty Thieves' quests had plenty of lockpicking in them with some traps on the side.

Now the next quest in line is the real issue with its forced fight\critical strike use. That was mad gay.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
You serious, m8? Previous Forty Thieves' quests had plenty of lockpicking in them with some traps on the side.

Now the next quest in line is the real issue with its forced fight\critical strike use. That was mad gay.
Since I got to maadoran: No traps needed for jar steal (slight lockpicking perhaps? Pretty sure not more than 4. Don't remember). Invasion? No traps or lockpick needed, although available traps for optional stuff. The palace? No traps or lockpicking needed. Then ganezzar and suddenly hope you have 9 lockpicking or traps 7? I don't know how much trappery is needed, I just know 4 was not nearly enough.

Stompa

Arcane
Since I got to maadoran: No traps needed for jar steal (slight lockpicking perhaps? Pretty sure not more than 4. Don't remember). Invasion? No traps or lockpick needed, although available traps for optional stuff. The palace? No traps or lockpicking needed. Then ganezzar and suddenly hope you have 9 lockpicking or traps 7? I don't know how much trappery is needed, I just know 4 was not nearly enough.

Traps and lockping were used in jar steal when you go for optional gold, you also had to open the first door with lockpick IIRC. 5 lockpicking and 6 traps should be enough to carry you through Ganezzar, although Dex is used there as well.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
So, I just failed a dexterity check with 10 dexterity. The check is the one in AG4, when you enter the room inside the temple. Said Critical strike success, dex fail.

So I upgraded my CS to 6 instead of 5, and now both checks say work.

Last edited:

Gozma

Arcane
*BUG* I sided with Hector/his crazy gal-pal in that questline in Meru's city (after starting off with the noble but abandoning him after the quest with the jeweller) but after we crucified that noble guy Hector didn't have anything to say in dialog when I went back to him.

*BUG* I did the "Hey... let's just forget I ever found this temple" ending. However, when the Boatmen ending slide tried to come up the text was just an error message. I had been playing as a Boatman when I went into Meru's town, but I just manually left after I found the Dead River/Hellwhatever locations instead of actually doing anything for the Boatman there.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
There seems to be a lot of broken scripts with the Boatmen in ganezzar. I killed the guildleader in maadoran. I'm told I should assassinate Meru, but I can see no option to do this? (Maybe I'm missing something)

So Instead I join Varro. Who says I can join him or go back to serve the other one. Except I killed her. Equally, after I killed Hamza, he suggests he could have been a guildmaster. But he IS a guildmaster (or well, was).

To be honest, Ganezzar seems... unfinished in general? I've only found 2 sidequests? I would not be surprised to learn I missed one or two, but even so.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
*BUG* I sided with Hector/his crazy gal-pal in that questline in Meru's city (after starting off with the noble but abandoning him after the quest with the jeweller) but after we crucified that noble guy Hector didn't have anything to say in dialog when I went back to him.

Same here.

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
My laptop runs extremely hot after playing for just a couple of minutes (MSI Ghost Pro, i7, GTX970M) on maxed out graphics. Sure, maxing out the graphics will tax the machine, but it does not run this hot on other games that should be more demanding on the system (e.g. Arma 3). Tuning down the graphics is a non-issue for me personally, just reporting in case you'll look into optimizing performance.

Edit: Will try with V-sync on and see if it helps.

Last edited:

Stompa

Arcane
To be honest, Ganezzar seems... unfinished in general? I've only found 2 sidequests?

Well, there are two mutually exclusive questlines branching from one quest, 2 quests each. Other than that, you have a mini-arena if you've finished Maadoran one, ill prospector, another appearance of Militiades, extortion, obtaining the power armor. Sure, it feels more barren than Teron or Maadoran, but it's not completely devoid of things to do. Most of the endgame stuff seems to be focused in different locations.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom