Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bugs and issues (spoilers)

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Is there a reason why
you can only perform the ritual at Al-Akia once?
I was really looking forward to completing Merus and then going there again with Bennie just to see what would happen.

The ritual is for bringing Balzaar inside a host. If he's inside Meru, there's no one to bring.

There's a shitton of broken quotation marks in Ganezzar when using the props like the crucified dudes and the dwellings.

Fixed, thanks.

Same thing, 8 PER Assassin, noticed something in the corner but couldn't do anything. Probably not enough PER. Couldn't do deal or anything else, mission failed, but game goes on.

You then need to click on the corner. Will improve it.

Aemolas village.Don't know if intended as it has a small crevice ,but he was able to hit me.

nAqW4JC.jpg

Thanks, will fix.

Mozg

Arcane
The game seems to reliably fuck up the slides if you end the Ganezzar chapter early by going through Hellgate/Dead River.

Joora

Novice
The ritual is for bringing Balzaar inside a host. If he's inside Meru, there's no one to bring.

Would the other beings require different rituals then or do they just have no interest in coming?

anus_pounder

Arcane
Going all persuadatron on people and getting the IG to help House Aurelian and then get them killed in an Ordu ambush seems to be pretty buggy. Paullus was supposedly killed by an eyeshot, or so the text tells me, but hes magically standing around in the Maadoran palace. I haven't tried going to Caer Tor (at this point, it should really be marked red and be off-limits like the Pass, imo) but I'm half convinced it'll be in a state prior to the siege of ganezzar.

:salute:

Mozg

Arcane
Just found out that as a Praetor you can crit strike murder Carrinas in his office (this is when you are sent to lure him out), then fight two dudes (btw this is not recommended at all, had to invoke a lot of F9 75% bola-arterial-strike magic). After escaping by throwing yourself out the window of the IG barracks (yeeee) Dellar tells you to run to Maadoran since you've just murdered an IG. However, you don't actually immediately cutscene travel to Maadoran like I assume you should. If you go and talk to Dellar, the game thinks you are at the "defend the palace" stage of a more normal Praetor run (I think, anyway, I haven't done a talky Praetor that successfully lures Carrinas to get killed by Boatmen). It kinda makes sense I guess but the guy demanding Antidas surrender is like Carrinas has ordered me to blah blah.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Just a quick question regarding updates - when will GOG users get the update/s /fixes for AoD?

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
In the Boatmen quest The Black Sheep, I don the guard armor at the start, pass the Impersonate check to lure two guards to come out with me, and then kill them in the alley, but the game remains in combat mode even after they're dead. Tried beating the battle a couple of times but it was always the same thing.

edit: If you don't attack the guards in the alley at all but just run away, the combat immediately ends and you can just return to the villa right away. You also get combat XP.

edit2: I went back to the villa and killed Serenas and his guards, and it's the same problem after that fight. No way skipping combat this time, though. I might still try loading a previous save, but if that doesn't work it's pretty much a game-breaking bug for me since my character doesn't have the skills nor the skill points to do the quest in a non-violent way.

Last edited:

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
The above issue was solved by loading an earlier quicksave before starting the quest. Apparently loading the combat autosave caused the guards to start the combat in "non-combat mode", just standing around looking relaxed until you attacked them, which apparently broke something somewhere. When loading from the quicksave, they instantly took the combat stance and the fight ended properly after I killed them, and the following part at the villa played out fine as well.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Nasir's quest to steal the gem from the noble district doesn't register in the journal.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Also, some end-game questions and musings from the assassin questline that smell like a whole fuckton of bugs and broken scripts to me:

After doing all the Boatmen missions in Maadoran in compliance with the party line of thought, that is, killed the poison lady, killed serenas and recovered Gaelius's jewgold, I arrive in Ganezzar on a mission to kill Meru, and for some reason the Legatus greeting me tells me that he understands I've left Maadoran under 'questionable circumstances'. Wut?

Further, after all those pro-Gaelius quests and finally helping the Boatmen kill Meru, I end up with a grand total of Aurelian reputation 3. This is not even enough to let me access Meru's library and other shit, because apparently I'm still not trustworthy enough for that. Wut?

Also, at the end of the game I pick the 'walk away from the tomb' option and the ending slides tell me:

- Some dude called Paullus that I've never met has become Imperator and he's apparently very disappoint with me being a political schemer (WUT???)
- My assassino for some reason becomes a centurion and is sent to the wastes to prove himself (WUT???)
- There is a grand total of two ending slides, one about Gaelius seizing power, and the other about my dude getting centurion'd. There is not a single mention of the Boatmen or well anything relevant that I'd done during the course of the whole game. The ending just felt like it was from a completely different character background altogether.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Just out of curiosity, did you do all 3 AG quests in Ganezzar? Because I did, and I ended up with a negative boatmen reputation.

I did all 3 quests in Teron according to my orders.
In Maadoran I managed to get the gold, killed Lorenza like I was ordered to do and then turned on Darista because I reckoned being the lapdog of the local lord was a bad idea. Killed her and Gaelius while they tried to get me to kill Serenas. That obviously got me some negative rep but that's on me.
In Ganezzar I then did all Varro asked for me: assassinated the leader of the siege, killed Faelan and was then ordered to kill the maadoran delegation sent to kill Meru. Since Darista was gone, Hamza and 2 henchmen showed up with absolutely no other option than to fight them. I'm guessing my low boatmen reputation is responsible for that but I would still have expected at least some sort of recognition. Not only did I save Hamzas ass in Levirs hideout, but I am solely responsible for him being the new guild leader. I know he didn't aspire to get the job but he was grossly dissatisfied with Daristas way of handling things.
After killing them (again, I had no other choice) my reputation dropped even more, so that after doing all 9 AG quests I have a solid -3 boatmen rep. :/

The only way this makes any sense is because there basically doesn't exist an AG at the end of the game anymore. The teron quarter destroyed themselves (I helped, but they would've done it without me anyway), I basically killed two different maadoran guildmasters (then again I didn't want to kill Hamza), and the Ganezzar guild was a one-man operation to begin with. With my help we can actually rebuild the guild in Ganezzar, at least that's what Varro tells me.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I got the gold, killed Lorenza and then killed Serenas.

In Zanzibar, I first went through Varro's hoops (and by that I mean I was forced to do it because there's no other way) and killed the Legatus, then killed Faelan, but finally I doublecrossed him and helped Hamza and the other Boatmen kill Varro and Meru.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Was the "help Hamza doublecross Varro" option tied to any skill-checks? Because I did not have that option.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Thanks for the info. I don't fully understand why though for reasons I mentioned earlier. Then again, choices and consequences, I can live with that. ;)

Two more things:
1. Not sure if you guys are aware of it but disabling the generators in Hellgate can be repeated infinitely basically enabling you to hit 10 in all civic skills.
2. Completing Merus ritual summons Balzaar, who then resides in Ganezzar castle. Is it intended that he doesn't even tell you to take care of Agathoth or has other things he commands you to do? Also I seem to remember that after becoming his servant you can travel into the arch with the eye, ghosthand and power armour. Yet I still got instantly killed when trying to do so.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Thanks for the info. I don't fully understand why though for reasons I mentioned earlier. Then again, choices and consequences, I can live with that. ;)

Two more things:
1. Not sure if you guys are aware of it but disabling the generators in Hellgate can be repeated infinitely basically enabling you to hit 10 in all civic skills.
2. Completing Merus ritual summons Balzaar, who then resides in Ganezzar castle. Is it intended that he doesn't even tell you to take care of Agathoth or has other things he commands you to do? Also I seem to remember that after becoming his servant you can travel into the arch with the eye, ghosthand and power armour. Yet I still got instantly killed when trying to do so.

1. Aware. shhhhh!
2. He sends you to kill him at Al-Akia:
"I will finish what Meru started and you will go to the temple of Agathoth.”
“Agathoth is a threat. He will be destroyed.” As with all of his pronouncements, it is a fact beyond dispute.

You need the Aegis suit to survive.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
1. Good to know. ;)
2. Guess I forgot about it after saving right after Al-Akia. The questlog doesn't update with any of this info and when talking to Balzaar he only tells you to not show up without any "progress", without referring to what you were actually told to do (which makes sense to me, he doesn't seem like the kind of guy to repeat himself in front of his servants).

Good to know about the aegis, I got it on my other loremaster playthrough but this one doesn't have the lockpick required to open the door in Al-Akia and you cannot revisit it after awakening Balzaar unfortunately.
On this note: picking up the aegis from the closet enabled me to go way over the weight limit. Not sure if you guys can check for inventory space outside of inventory/loot management though.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
1. Good to know. ;)
2. Guess I forgot about it after saving right after Al-Akia. The questlog doesn't update with any of this info and when talking to Balzaar he only tells you to not show up without any "progress", without referring to what you were actually told to do (which makes sense to me, he doesn't seem like the kind of guy to repeat himself in front of his servants).

Good to know about the aegis, I got it on my other loremaster playthrough but this one doesn't have the lockpick required to open the door in Al-Akia and you cannot revisit it after awakening Balzaar unfortunately.
On this note: picking up the aegis from the closet enabled me to go way over the weight limit. Not sure if you guys can check for inventory space outside of inventory/loot management though.

We'll allow going to Al-Akia in more situations.

Did a quick AG run, joined with Hamza and killed Meru, went to the temple without issues...

EDIT: It was that I mixed the rank of being a Carrinas templar with the cellular regeneration one, triggering his ending. Fixed for the next update.

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, the game plays out fine as an assassin either way, those were just some "issues" I had gameplay-wise, nothing game breaking obviously. Good job on not destroying the entire guild like I did. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom