Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Build advice] Pure PSI tank

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Dump Str and Pe?

10 Will 9 Con

Survival Instincts + Psychosis + Psionic Mania

Conditioning, Stoicism

Is this a good starting point? Basically I want to make a fat PSI guy with tons of HP and damage reduction. Thx.

Sheepherder

Augur
http://underrail.info.tm/build/?HgM...5YissFCplCGYhX8KHUAUcwrd6cuKitQLirIMC4qyMCt-_
Finished dominating with this. Feats from lvl 20 to 24 are optional, you can take w/e. Advanced psi empathy is also optional, didn't really need it. Spent most of the time at 1 HP, but traps and stealth enemies are a pita so I'd heal up before entering areas with them. Only started leveling temporal manipulation at around lvl 14, mostly for Entropic Recurrence.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
http://underrail.info.tm/build/?HgM...5YissFCplCGYhX8KHUAUcwrd6cuKitQLirIMC4qyMCt-_
Finished dominating with this. Feats from lvl 20 to 24 are optional, you can take w/e. Advanced psi empathy is also optional, didn't really need it. Spent most of the time at 1 HP, but traps and stealth enemies are a pita so I'd heal up before entering areas with them. Only started leveling temporal manipulation at around lvl 14, mostly for Entropic Recurrence.

Good to see I was on the right track. Have some questions though.

1. Sprint necessary?
2. Can I take Stoicism, Conditioning, Fast Metabolism sooner?
3. Any particular reason for 6 in Inteligence and Agi? Leftovers?
4. How do you deal with traps?
5. Possible to use/craft heavy armor and stack up some insane DR?

Sheepherder

Augur

Good to see I was on the right track. Have some questions though.

1. Sprint necessary?
2. Can I take Stoicism, Conditioning, Fast Metabolism sooner?
3. Any particular reason for 6 in Inteligence and Agi? Leftovers?
4. How do you deal with traps?
5. Possible to use/craft heavy armor and stack up some insane DR?

Shit, I forgot to add last stand to the link. Here's how it should look.
http://underrail.info.tm/build/?HgM...5YissFCplH2YhCF_Ch1Acwrd6cuKitQLirIMC4qyMCt-_

1. Not really, but it's a massive fucking pita to play without it. You position yourself in stealth, activate combat with enter, do your thing, activate sprint and then round a corner or something. Coming out of stealth removes all movement points, so sprints is useful. Without sprint you'd be wasting AP until you get jumping beans.
2. Nope, in early game damage>defense. Force user is for force field (imo THE best defensive psi ability in the game), premeditation and mania make Depot A a breeze, overclocking is more damage and locus wins fights vs non robots. You can take psycho temporal acceleration later if you want. Those defensive feats are mostly for optional fights like attacking Fort Apogee.
3. 6 int require for premeditation, 6 ag required for sprint.
4. I know more or less where they are and cast fireballs on them lol.
5. Nah, sturdy tac vest with best psi beetle carapace is mandatory. For survival to activate, character needs to be <30% HP. However mania costs 15% of your hp, so realistically most of the time I spent at 1 HP, except for crawler and lurker areas. It used to be possible to when dr had no cap, but not anymore.

Tigranes

Arcane
How about 10 CON for thick skull? I can't remember if full PSI chars have other ways ot protect themselves.

hell bovine

Arcane
Thick skulln is not a good choice for a full psi, they have LOC for that.

Technically with food you should be able to build an armored mage: str 6 / con 9 / will 10 / int 6. If you sacrifice one level up point for strength and then spend the rest of the game munching on rathound barbecue, that would let you use heavy armor. I'm not sure there is any point to this, but hey, at least you could wield that new mage staff spear added by the dlc.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Found similar advice on steam forums.

As a psiker you don't need DEX/STR/PER.
First you need to decide if you want Psychosis or Tranquility.
AGI should be 10 if you want Blitz or 6 if you want Sprint or 3 if you decide this is your dump stat (not recommended).
CON should be 10 if you want Thick Skull (why? Locus of Control is loads better), 9 if you want survival instinct (for Psychosis crit combo), 7 if you want Stoicism, 5 if you want Conditioning, 3 if dump stat.
INT should be 7 if you want Skinner/Power Management/Clothier, if you have spare ability points this could be as high as 8.
WIL should never be lower than 10, 15~16 is a good number.

I would recommend full dodge, evasion, and stealth for Tranquility psi because you want the full hp AP reduction bonus for as long as possible. Psychosis psi is a different story - your play style will determine your skill investments.

Armor - I think the best armor would be a psi beetle carapace tactical vest for the psi bonus and psi cost reduction. Alternatively a high CON psiker can use infused pig leather armor + infused pig leather tabi. Infused Ancient rathound leather armor/psi beetle carapace riot gear are also viable (but imho less effective)

hell bovine

Arcane
luj1
Imo this advice on psi is better (especially since it includes minimum crafting requirements for useful stuff):
https://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=4149.0

On a side note, had no idea that fast metabolism increases the regeneration from armor, but that combination seems like better investment than evasion & dodge for a tranquility build. (and it even includes tips for dealing with crawlers :lol:)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom