Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Burden of Command - WW2 tactical leadership RPG

Beowulf

Arcane
Nice bit of info, but it only highlights how far they are from finishing this, and that aside the original idea, they might not have focused vision on the implementation.
We will see when it eventually gets released.
I don't think it means much: Definitive art assets can come pretty late in the game development cycle, so unless they plan to add a subsystem to manage these pictures, it shouldn't change much, and could remain at the "cosmetic change" level.

I think the best way to handle it would be to make the picture dependent on the event type:
Like if your scouting patrol surprises opponent when they are off guard, the picture should obviously be much more "casual" than when meeting them at long range on the battlefield.

I'm not talking about the art and presentation.
Take a look at their recent posts, not just this one - they are still thinking how to resolve gameplay and some mechanics (sure, they may have to core nailed down, but still).

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Play Testers Wanted!
We Want You!

c98ac6947f9233bc9139510770fb56c38d647e4f.jpg

Burden of Command is looking for play testers!

We are putting out an open call to test the tactical engine for BoC.

Candidates will be chosen in the following phases:

Phase 1. Prior Game or Software Development. These folks know how the sausage is made and are comfortable operating in early developmental stages of a game engine.

Phase 2. Prior Play Testing Experience. These seasoned souls are familiar with industry standards. They will do all they can to 'break' our precious game, making it more stable and robust in the process.

Phase 3. Anyone Else Interested in Burden of Command. This is our opportunity to gain a wider perspective. People from myriad backgrounds will give us their thoughts and opinions to make the finished product the best it can be.

We hope to have a testing pool made up of people of all ages and interests, regardless of historical or military knowledge. We're looking for input from as many perspectives as possible so that this game experience can be accessible and meaningful to everyone from casual gamers to combat veterans.

We'll See You on the High Ground!
The BoC Team

zool

Arcane
I should be excited about this game but I have a strange feeling that it will be full of faux grey choices mixed with shallow gameplay.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

This is a soaring, melodic theme meant to instill the emotional burden of leading a group of men to battle. It helps solidify the fact that these men are not just soldiers in a war, but they are your brothers. They are your Burden.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

The Burden of Command is the tension between the Men and the Mission. Last week we focused on the men (See last week’s video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEHp-fDj-aI)

“The Mission” theme is a melodic piece with a steady rhythm meant to convey the martial valor needed to lead. It establishes a sense of togetherness and a common goal for the men to work towards.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

In "Men vs Mission” you can feel the weight of the mission in the horns at the start. They break for a section of quiet contemplation in the middle of the track before ramping up into the soaring main theme for the men at the end.

It is a hopeful, contemplative piece that is about weighing two options against each other with no clear right or wrong answer.

How will you strike the balance?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

We're working hard to immerse you.
Sound changes dynamically based on location.
We think this unusual in our style of game. Are we right?

Turn on Speakers!

Not having Chris fucking Avellone does not matter one fucking iota to this dev team. To you fucking Codex retards posting on here that obviously wouldn't know a good wargame if it bit you in your arse - this game will release without Avellone and be better for it. Looking forward to this title for a long time now, it is going to be a bloody good game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Successful design means learning from failure and...

Well, take a gander (our other 'trick' revealed at end )
You'll want to expand this video. God is in the details.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom