Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Burial Stone, the first Codex approved VR RPG.

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
New Trailer for Steam. What do you think?

Barrishimi

NecroCatic Games
Developer
Damn, now I want a VR set. Did you consider making a non VR version of this game as well, Pompi!? Thanks for the update and great work with the trailer!

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
Some debugging action of the throwing knife. Finally gonna have proper animation.

bionicman

Liturgist
Pompi you can reduce file size of the demo a bit by not shipping it with this folder: "Burial Stone_BackUpThisFolder_ButDontShipItWithYourGame", just sayin'.

Some feedback (playing without VR headset):
- the graphics are great
- sound effects are nice
- rotation is a bit clunky (i have to click a/d, two times just to rotate by 90 degrees), also if you can rotate diagonally, why not let me also move diagonally?
- cannot close equipment & abilities screen by pressing ESC but I can close inventory this way
- tooltips are unreadable:
Ns0A8fr.png

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
Thanks, the PC gaming part is only "for deving", it's not yet formally ported to PC.
It's meant to play in VR.

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
I have looked at the first post... and it feels odd. Only 4 months deving? I feel like it's been a year of deving or something lol.

upload_2022-3-25_1-32-4.png

Eventhough this game is only 5 levels, it still takes a lot of time
I quite finished the first 4 levels in terms of balance and level design.
I have quite some work on the fifth and last level.
I have added a lot of SFX and sounds.
I need to add more skills and spells.

The date I arbitrarily picked for release on Steam is May 31.
I hope I will be able to release by then.

Here is another fun little video I made, of how the player character looks from the POV of the monster:

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
Burial Stone now accept Beta requests.
You can now request a Beta build from Steam.
I am intending to release a build today, so hopefully you will be able to request before I released, because I can only unlock it to the people who already requested.

This weekend is busy with Jewish Holiday so I won't be able to update until at least Sunday.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1910360/Burial_Stone/

RPK

Scholar
Since you're making a VR game, I would leverage what vr brings to the table more. put in some bridges over deep pits. put in some high ceilings in big rooms. scope and scale are your friends in vr.

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
Good idea.
Though won't happen in this game. Though I do plan to add a paid DLC.
This game is free though.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I shared your game in the dungeon crawler discord and someone who had a VR setup tried it out. Here some feedback, not positive but maybe its of use to you

It's clunky, cumbersome and doesn't play well in my opinion. None of the elements of VR are utilized in any meaningful or engaging way. Using items is a slog, reloading the game makes it appear to unequip your weapon and shield (even though it doesn't). Combat isn't fun because the rng can rightly screw you over. Most enemies aren't all that different mechanically with two exceptions. The credits needed a skip button or overall to be shorter. The actual levels needed background noise, or something.

Using the torch to light your way would've been nice if it meant something. As it stands, it's a slightly dynamic light source that the character could've just emanated

One achievement seems bugged. And the skill ones are unnecessary. You can just start a new game and unlock two, restart and unlock another two and boom. You've gotten them all in an instant.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
I shared your game in the dungeon crawler discord and someone who had a VR setup tried it out. Here some feedback, not positive but maybe its of use to you

It's clunky, cumbersome and doesn't play well in my opinion. None of the elements of VR are utilized in any meaningful or engaging way. Using items is a slog, reloading the game makes it appear to unequip your weapon and shield (even though it doesn't). Combat isn't fun because the rng can rightly screw you over. Most enemies aren't all that different mechanically with two exceptions. The credits needed a skip button or overall to be shorter. The actual levels needed background noise, or something.

Using the torch to light your way would've been nice if it meant something. As it stands, it's a slightly dynamic light source that the character could've just emanated

One achievement seems bugged. And the skill ones are unnecessary. You can just start a new game and unlock two, restart and unlock another two and boom. You've gotten them all in an instant.

The credits needed a skip button or overall to be shorter.

:what:

Did the credits include all of his workout pictures he has been spamming in the Codex Member Pictures thread lately?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom