Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Burnhouse Lane (New Rem Michalski adventure) - Out now!

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

Burnhouse Lane tells a story of Angie Weather, a one foot in the grave agency nurse attempting to complete five impossible tasks in order to win her life back.
Solve puzzles, make friends and enemies, run, hide and fight in this dark adventure that'll take you on a trip to another world and back...

From Harvester Games, the makers of The Cat Lady (2012), Downfall (2016) and Lorelai (2019), comes a brand new horror experience that will not only take you to some truly dark places but will also make you smile and cry and question life and all the things we take for granted. This is a story about death, friendship and everlasting hope that no matter how bad things get there is always a reason to go on.

Burnhouse Lane mixes elements of classic adventure games, choose-your-own-story (Telltale's The Walking Dead series) with light survival horror shooting mechanics inspired by Silent Hill and Resident Evil series where ammo is sparse, enemies hit hard and every shot counts.

• Adventure-style inventory puzzles,
  • Branching dialogues and decisions that shape how the story plays out
  • Light platforming and combat sections
  • Original soundtrack by micAmic and guests
  • Full English voice acting

Never turn down grim dark.

wishbonetail

Learned
Oh my. Who would've thought, after Lorelai, this game has an actual gameplay, almost like an adventure with some elements of survival horror.
Story and characters lack plausibility and i'm not talking about "another world" stuff. It's a solid game but it is kinda... mild. Almost no shock content and no gripping music or interesting plot devices previous titles are known for and art is a bit generic. Don't get me wrong, it is a good game but it is not so good "Michalski's game". Cat Lady is still the best.
A fucking drug lab in a fucking farmhouse basement and the owner didn't notice a single fucking thing? He must be really fucking blind, deaf and senile. WTF this? "Dexter's Laboratory" on Cartoon Network??

Last edited:

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Oh my. Who would've thought, after Lorelai, this game has an actual gameplay, almost like an adventure with some elements of survival horror.
Story and characters lack plausibility and i'm not talking about "another world" stuff. It's a solid game but it is kinda... mild. Almost no shock content and no gripping music or interesting plot devices previous titles are known for and art is a bit generic. Don't get me wrong, it is a good game but it is not so good "Michalski's game". Cat Lady is still the best.
A fucking drug lab in a fucking farmhouse basement and the owner didn't notice a single fucking thing? He must be really fucking blind, deaf and senile. WTF this? "Dexter's Laboratory" on Cartoon Network??
funny you should mention that while praising Cat Lady, nobody noticed Dr X's secret funhouse? the pest control guy's shed?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom