Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Call of Cthulu...AKA that other Bethesda game

Dogsoup

Scholar
I liked "Dagon" from Stuart Gordon, though kitschy, it was pretty good. I prefered it a lot to the "Call of Cthulu" black&white shit posing as Godard (it sure isn't), that's fake "intelligence" (ha ha) all over the line. If you want to see black and white lovecraftian stuff, just watch "Through a glass darkly" by Bergman, he he he.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
OK, for ayone who cares: in spite of requiring only an 800 Mhz processor, the game requires SSE. Fuck.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I have it. I bought it a few days ago along with Half-Life 2 and Battlefield Vietnam REDUX mofo. I am yet to install it.

What did you think of the game?

I thought it was great myself. Insanely atmospheric and genuinely terrifying at times.
It's pretty good. Only my version crashes every time you run into the hanging people early on now. I'll need to get the Steam version on sale at some point if I want to replay it.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
It's not. It is marketed as a survival simulation, though, so that's why I moved the thread here. It's either here or General Gaming.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
I have it. I bought it a few days ago along with Half-Life 2 and Battlefield Vietnam REDUX mofo. I am yet to install it.

What did you think of the game?

I thought it was great myself. Insanely atmospheric and genuinely terrifying at times.
It's pretty good. Only my version crashes every time you run into the hanging people early on now. I'll need to get the Steam version on sale at some point if I want to replay it.
Don't. Get the GOG version or search and apply fixes on your own.

As far as I know the Steam version is still buggy and incompatible with certain patches (like the sucklead's patch, which can be used to fix the annoying issue with the rocks falling too fast).

If you need the whole list of issues that the GOG version doesn't have:
  • Movement speed tied to the screen resolution -- as far as I can tell from my last playthrough, the movement speed will no longer slow down to a crawl if you're using any resolution above 800x600;
  • Blue light bug -- the cannon targets weren't visible unless you were using Windows XP;
  • Triangle raindops on AMD cards;
  • Incorrect skybox rendering.
The only downside of the GOG version is the missing bloom effect, which was subtle but effective in the original version. But it's a small price to pay compared to not being able to beat the game at all.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It's funny how Steam puts zero effort into older games and yet I bet their versions outsell the GOG ones 5 to 1, if not more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom