Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Call of Saregnar - a Betrayal at Krondor-inspired RPG

agris

Arcane
Patron
Is there an ETA on the demo being generally available? Is it this Realms Deep event?

Mauman

Learned
So, as one of those guys who replays Krondor every 2-3 years since the early 90's, I just want to say I respect what you're doing and I can't wait to get this when it comes out :salute:

Even if it's 10 years from now.

:negative:

(must....persevere)

Hopefully it won't be THAT long ;)

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
It's looks like everything a guy replaying the Krondor for the 5th time can wish for :hug:

Thank you Nikanuur!

So, as one of those guys who replays Krondor every 2-3 years since the early 90's, I just want to say I respect what you're doing and I can't wait to get this when it comes out :salute:

Even if it's 10 years from now.

:negative:

(must....persevere)

Hopefully it won't be THAT long ;)

Thank you! I’m doing my best for an early release!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
And Steam page:

The village of Avanmoor sleeps uneasily as people start disappearing and their lord is mysteriously murdered in his chambers at night. An unlikely party – a dutiful knight, an auspicious student of magic and his roguish friend – couldn’t possibly imagine that a quest to find the baron’s assassin would lead them in the middle of a battle between gods.

Call of Saregnar is a nod to the wonderful era of party-based RPGs from the 90's. It’s got an intriguing story and interesting characters in a unique low-fantasy medieval setting. The graphics are charmingly old-school with billboard trees and a low-poly 3D world. All the characters are photographs and frame sequences of real actors, that you can interact with, see them in the world and fight with. The combat system is a turn-based hex grid affair with many tactical options. Also the game has a magic systems based on gods and divine favour, which is really unique and immersive. Overall the game has a very relaxing pace, and it feels like reading a good novel; Makes you feel right at home.

90's Old-School Looks
Call of Saregnar features a 90’s inspired low-poly 3D look with detailed handcrafted textures, while the characters you encounter are made of thousands of frames of real photographed actors!

cos_gif_1.gif

A Believable World
Saregnar lets you role-play through a deep and engaging story filled with murder, mystery, intrigue and suspense. The world is an original fantasy setting inspired by a range of historical nations. You’ll be pleased to find that giant rats and slimes have been evicted from this universe.

Grey Matter(s)
CoS challenges you to think and pay close attention to everything you read, because often that’s the only way to complete sidequests or even main objectives. There are no quest markers or objectives, but there is a handy quest log recording all your past conversations and actions.

cos_gif_2.gif

Prepare for The Journey
Be sure to prepare for the journey ahead; Food, a good pair of boots, also blankets for those cold nights are essential. Also take care of your weapons regularly by oiling the bowstrings, sharpen the blades, and fix those dents in your armor. Preparation is the key for survival.

Freedom to Explore
Despite being a story-driven RPG, the world is always open for exploration, so there is nothing stopping you from exploring the world’s many locations and secrets!

cos_gif_3.gif

Character Development
While your characters’ attributes rarely change, their skills advance on a per-use basis. Skills can also be learned from a trainer or by reading a book.

Hand-Placed Encounters
In a land as rich as Merrentar, you will run into enemy ambushes, discover unique places, meet traveling merchants or bandits, perhaps wild creatures, a set of game tracks… all of these events are carefully hand-placed for the best possible experience.

cos_gif_4.gif

Tactical Combat
Battle through groups of varied enemies in an tactical turn-based hex-grid combat. Take your time and evaluate each enemy for the best tactical winning strategy.

Magic From The Gods
There are 12 gods to please and gain their favor, each god being a source of unique magic spells. To gain divine favor, pray and give offerings in the form of money, food or other valuables, but mind you, not every deity can be easily pleased.

cos_gif_5.gif

Items
Although the game has fewer items than the average RPG, we’ve taken the time with each end every piece, designing it to be detailed and really fleshed out. Finding new equipment now brings significant benefits, as the difference between the old and new is now truly felt.

A Nostalgic Soundtrack
Saregnar features a fantastic orchestral soundtrack that will delight your ears throughout the adventure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Rhuantavan just wishlisted on Steam and couldn't help but notice the 'full controller support.'

Accurate, or oversight? Doesn't look like the sort of game that'd have full controller support but you never know.

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
The steam page is there mainly to prevent issues from last-minute publishing, that's why I am not spreading the word about it just yet. More info coming tomorrow at the Realms Deep stream.
I see that they're helping you publish.
Should be announced tomorrow too.
Rhuantavan just wishlisted on Steam and couldn't help but notice the 'full controller support.'
Accurate, or oversight? Doesn't look like the sort of game that'd have full controller support but you never know.
It is planned to support it, although it's not "full" as of yet.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
New trailer:

https://inthekeep.com/call-of-saregnar-official-realms-deep-2021-trailer/

We are VERY proud to OFFICIALLY announce In The Keep's affiliation with the amazing Call of Saregnar! If you haven't been following the podcast or paying close attention, this might very well be a surprise to you!

image-1.png

It has been one of the greatest pleasures of my life getting to be part of a team with the incredible Damjan, Tony & Ben as we work diligently to create the greatest adventure RPG of a generation.

That's no easy feat, so we are asking fans of the project to come on the journey with us in a variety of ways. Currently, the game is being financed by your generosity, including our Patreon with a wide range of benefits from special Discord privileges, access to the pre-alpha demo, & a guaranteed copy of the game upon launch. We are also inviting our friends who like to play dress-up to put on their best medieval garb for a chance to be featured as one of our photographed characters! More info on that here.

Dina.png

Ilaria Carabba as Dina, barkeep at the Yew Tree Inn
Support Call of Saregnar:
Website / Patreon / ko-fi / SubscribeStar / BuyMeACoffee

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom