Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Call of Saregnar - a Betrayal at Krondor-inspired RPG

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Lims-Kragma take you all.

Dyspaire

Cipher
I just got around to playing the new demo. I had previously played the first backer demo when it was released.

It is astonishing how many things you're getting right.

For people that wonder why Betrayal at Krondor was ranked so highly in a recent poll here, Call of Saregnar will explain all the reasons.

Can't wait for a cold winter night in 2033 to curl up with a roaring fire and this game.

Thank you so much for making this happen.

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
I just got around to playing the new demo. I had previously played the first backer demo when it was released.

For people that wonder why Betrayal at Krondor was ranked so highly in a recent poll here, Call of Saregnar will explain all the reasons.

Can't wait for a cold winter night in 2033 to curl up with a roaring fire and this game.

Thank you so much for making this happen.

Thank you very, very much! I'm glad you like the progress!

Reader

Scholar
Just played the demo.
Just what Dyspaire said
Aside of systems i want to praise this pixelated graphics style you choose. I love the trees, i love the road, i love the lamp near the road.. And everything else.
The atmosphere is great.

A little feedback.
1. Thanks for gamepad support. I honestly didn't expect that. Left stick(movement) somehow glitchy though. Character(s) move in random directions I'm not sure if the problem with a deadzone or it's some bug. Right stick (mouselook) works fine. I use xbox360 wired controller.
2. Way more important than gamepad. Please make a bigger font. My native resolution is 1360x768. But it seems that demo runs in 1980x1080. UI scaling doesn't work for me. It would be very nice to have font options and resolution options.

Other than that - really waiting for release. I'll buy booze and meat, take a shower, put a new pants on and then celebrate and play this game all over.

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
Thanks Reader! Yes, I plan on having a non-pixelated font choice, maybe by default.

P.S. I hope you don't mind me going with 3D trees, cause that's what I'm doing.
5c18KOp.png

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
For those who would like to know the reason(s) for switching to 3d trees, here you go, an excerpt straight from patreon (I am a lazy bum, so copy-paste does the job):

You might have either loved or hated the flat 2d billboard trees, but the news is they are going away as I write this. As you can see from the screenshot above, I have created several models of oak trees + an apple tree (you know what they say about having one apple a day) and I think they look gorgeous in the game. Being 3d, they are physically more embedded in the world, and they don't induce nausea when looking around like billboards do.

It's not all about looks though. With billboards you need to space them out evenly so they don't overlap when rotating. While time consuming, this is not an issue by itself, but if you want to make a dense part of a forest you can't do that with billboards without making a mess. With 3d trees, no problem. Also you don't need that many different trees as with billboards, as they can look different by simply rotating them around. 3d trees can also be easily painted down with a tool, which isn't true with billboards as you need to be careful of aforementioned spacing. I can literally see myself blazing through foresting the land with 3d trees now.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Says a guy, with smug smirk and in ironic tone, implying that normalizing cutting off your dick and cosplaying as woman society-wide is normal and that rebeling against insanity is something normal people don't do. How was your bar mitzvah?

notpl

Arbiter
Says a guy, with smug smirk and in ironic tone, implying that normalizing cutting off your dick and cosplaying as woman society-wide is normal and that rebeling against insanity is something normal people don't do. How was your bar mitzvah?
Yes, that's what you're doing in this thread about Call of Saregnar - A Betrayal at Krondor-inspired rpg. You're rebelling against insanity.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom