Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Call of Saregnar - a Betrayal at Krondor-inspired RPG

Modron

Arcane
I like the looks of the money pile in A and B but the extra spacing between the values in C probably makes it the best because of increased legibility.

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
A WIP character inventory / stats screen. Also the (probably) final money indicator on the right side.

Fv50OUS.png

Modron

Arcane
Still not a fan of the money initials being attached to the numbers although I probably wouldn't mind if they were aligned to the right as a column or something.

Modron

Arcane
Alright alright, I give up. Will remove the initials from the money widget! ;)
Eh don't necessarily need to go that far I just thought it would look better if they were detached from the value, you know something like right justified inside of the sigil/emblem/box money is displayed in.

Mustawd

Alright alright, I give up. Will remove the initials from the money widget! ;)
Eh don't necessarily need to go that far I just thought it would look better if they were detached from the value, you know something like right justified inside of the sigil/emblem/box money is displayed in.

I just don't see the initials as being necessary at all. I'm glad the change was made IMO.

I'm not budging. I want my characters to have a distinct personality, backstory and role in the plot.
They better be good then bro.

Didn't BaK use preset characters? Seems consistent if Bak is an inspiration.

Alchemist

Arcane
That interface looks gorgeous Rhuantavan . What fonts are you using? Are they custom made by you or are they available somewhere?
Thank you Alchemist! I've made the font from scratch. Just wanted to have an unique one since there will be lots of text in-game.
That's awesome - that way you get exactly the font you need. You did a great job on it - it's fantasy and subtly ornate, yet legible. That can be a challenge to pull off.

I'm thinking of making a custom font for my project as well.

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
That interface looks gorgeous Rhuantavan . What fonts are you using? Are they custom made by you or are they available somewhere?
Thank you Alchemist! I've made the font from scratch. Just wanted to have an unique one since there will be lots of text in-game.
That's awesome - that way you get exactly the font you need. You did a great job on it - it's fantasy and subtly ornate, yet legible. That can be a challenge to pull off.

I'm thinking of making a custom font for my project as well.

Yeah, it's not very straightforward, I still need to fix details. It is worth it though :)

Reinar

Scholar
Do you use Unity UI or did you stick with the old GUI made solely by code? I have the latter and I am thinking of learning how to use the former. It looks (and I mean looks, I haven't read much about it yet) like it's made primarily for shitty mobile games and not for prestigious RPGs, though I like that you can f.e. tile textures with it, something you can't do with GUI.DrawTexture or GUI skins, AFAIK. Also thinking about how to implement drag'n'drop in inventory right now. Maybe I should start my own topic to give you a sense of competition, so you can finish your game faster :D

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
One of the big reasons I switched to Unity is the new UI system. It is flexible, quick to implement, and you can still access it through code. I wouldn't want to do it in the old system. Drag n drop can easily be implemented in half an hour with Unity's Eventsystem.

Anything that can get me to work on the game faster is welcome, so feel free to open your own thread. ;)

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom