Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Can GD be more heavily moderated?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Yep that was him. Also complained to DU when he found out the entire county was IP-banned.

DraQ

Arcane
Bubb said:
But if psychotic trolls are attacking this site
You still don't understand, do you?
:smug:

It's not psychotic trolls *attacking* this site.

It's psychotic trolls *being* this site.

This site is basically a big pile of rejects and refugees from other RPG forums. A sizeable portion is quite intelligent and knowledgeable - those traits being the reason for their dissatisfaction and the reason why they left other forums in the first place, on their own volition or otherwise. Most have hard time obeying the rules imposed upon them. Quite a few are less than stable. Some subscribe to pretty disagreable value and political systems. Others are non-standard in other ways. All are angry, bitter and deeply dissatisfied. Often isolated to a certain degree by various factors, at least when it comes to gaming communities. Usually hateful.

Once in a while someone just breaks.

Cassidy

Arcane
Sceptic said:
Bubb said:
I think it is much simpler to ban trolls and alts than to go through the trouble of banning proxies and losing potential new members.
Prevention is always simpler than trying to find a cure after the fact, so no.

Besides I don't get the big deal about using proxies from work. I'm posting this very message from work. I fully realize any of the admins could be a dick and post my IP for all to see. I'm trusting that they're not. So far it seems to have worked fine.

promotions.jpg

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Cassidy said:
Sceptic said:
Bubb said:
I think it is much simpler to ban trolls and alts than to go through the trouble of banning proxies and losing potential new members.
Prevention is always simpler than trying to find a cure after the fact, so no.

Besides I don't get the big deal about using proxies from work. I'm posting this very message from work. I fully realize any of the admins could be a dick and post my IP for all to see. I'm trusting that they're not. So far it seems to have worked fine.

promotions.jpg

:lol:

PROMOTIONS

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom