Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Can moderators/admins see unsubmitted posts?

• Thread starter Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal
  • Start date

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Ever since Codex upgraded to xenforo, it had this annoying little feature where the message box "remembers" posts that you typed but didn't submit. Same thing happens with threads, iirc. Is this saved only in my browser's local storage, or is it saved online, and if so - can staff members see posts that were typed, but never actually sent or deleted yet?

Iron Balls McGinty

The mods here rake in your dirty washing, they clasp your soiled and stinking underwear to their nasal orrifices and they know what you did last weekend.

THEY KNOW

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

We can't see what you described, Liberal, but we know you still own two pairs of bowling shoes.
I don't own two pairs of bowling shoes, retard. I obviously didn't bring an extra pair of my own shoes to a bowling place and then change into them for no reason.

Semiurge

Cipher
They can see your IPs and contact emails, unless the system admin has restricted that feature for mods.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Moderators/admins can see posts before it's even typed in the message box.
Even in the 2000s, forum software was capable of tracking the activity of each user and allowing this data to be viewed by moderators, although it would only reveal that someone was writing a post in a particular thread, not the contents of that post until it was actually submitted. :M

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
We believe you, Kruno!! I assume it involved coprophilia-related phantasies? That you should indeed confine only to our little Javascript-shrink.

The Red Knight

Erudite
Drafts are stored in the database, "associated to particular content items", and with the only intended viewing method being draft's owner restoring it:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/a-new-editor-and-much-much-more.50519/
pCsNwYc.png

(should be under ACP -> Options -> Messages )

Database access is unrelated to and separate from administrator/moderator panels.

Semi-related trivia, the default value for saving frequency in 2.0+ supposedly got changed to 3 seconds.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom