Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Carmageddon: Reincarnation

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I know, and I did.

I also found a Napalm power-up that just sets peds (one ped?) on fire once you're close enough, before it would launch a slow-moving seeking fireball at the peds.

There's also a Solid Granite Car power-up near Checkpoint 4, I wish I had that when the cops were trying to bust my chops.

bonescraper

Die Anna's Yellow Pink Hawk

97F589C0A4270BE3419264A98FE5D235B4A4AD7B
Heh, for some reason i also felt the need to drive a pink Hawk.

:bro:

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I finished the career yesterday, pretty sweet.

I used the Hawk for the death races mostly.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Have you guys tried the MP?

Heh, for some reason i also felt the need to drive a pink Hawk.

I also like her virgin white skin :love:

Last edited:

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
The last screenshot is form a beautiful place full of points.. if you have the electro ray or ped repulsificator to score a monstrous combo.

Also - what car is on display on the second to last screenshot (top left corner)? Doesn't look like any I've seen in my game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-18-carmageddon-reincarnation-release-date-announced

Gory vehicle smash 'em-up Carmageddon: Reincarnation leaves Steam Early Access and launches proper on 23rd April 2015, developer Stainless has announced.

The release version of the game includes a career mode, which consists of 16 chapters. Each chapter has three or four events, making for a total of 50. There's also multiplayer for up to eight players.

Here are the event types:

• Classic Carmageddon
  • Car Crusher
  • Fox 'n' Hounds
  • Ped Chase
  • Death Race
  • Checkpoint Stampede
25 vehicles (one is exclusive to Kickstarter backers) and nine maps are available at launch.

Astral Rag

Arcane
I don't think this will end well. A shame because it could easily become a great Carma game but I don't think they will be able to bring it up to snuff in just over a month.

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
25 cars and 9 tracks don't sound so bad, how much content original carma had at launch?

Perkel

Arcane
What i don't get is why they are not using morphing for damage and instead they choose asset based damage. I am not part of beta or backer (to late) but from what i see this looks like TDR damage model which was lacking especially compared to Carma 2 galore in which you can essentially make pancakes from cars, rip them apart as you want horizontaly, vertically.

It was always fun to watch car that got hit by something heavy in middle and that now looks like letter U with wheels at the ends

That damage model was 50% of game for me. Nothing felt like taking on your enemy on your bumber and driving him into cornet just to watch him split apart.

Astral Rag

Arcane
The problem isn't lack of content the problem is that the game is -still- very unpolished, very buggy and totally unoptimized. Multiplayer is basically broken.

Stainless also fails to even acknowledge these performance issues.

If they release the game in this state it will flop hard.

Last edited:

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Release pushed back a month, prolly a good move.
Hey Carmafans! Nob here with an update for you on our progress towards release.

As you all know, we’d set our release date as the 23rd April. Well, despite all our best efforts (and believe me, the dev team have been working around the clock 24/7 to achieve this goal) I’m announcing today that we’re pushing that date out by what is technically referred to as "a tad".

The new date for the Full Release of Carmageddon: Reincarnation is 21st May 2015.

We’ve been making great strides on all fronts, and were within a metric smidge of releasing next week, but in our final "Go/No Go" meeting we all agreed that the extra time was needed. The additional month gives us time to polish various areas of the game even further.

I know that many of you have expressed the opinion that you’d rather we brought you a better game than release too soon. And we agree!

Plus, I can confirm there will also be a further update to the Early Access build before 21st May, which will feature numerous improvements to the game.

So, stick the 21st May into your Carmageddon desk diary and remain in a state of fevered readiness... And we'll see you in the Multiplayer lobbies come that glorious day. Thanks again Carmafans for your continued patience and support!

toroid

Arcane
It's a real relief to see these improvements. It gives me more hope that everything will be okay in the end. I had thrown a bunch of money at their kickstarter and I was starting to feel like a dumbass for doing so.

fingers still crossed

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It most certainly won't be ready at release though. They clearly would've needed 6-12 months more.

Car games just don't sell enough, it seems :/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom