Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Carmageddon: Reincarnation

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Seems to be going very well so far. I guess a clever video will really pull in the donations.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
I hope Totalbiscuit springs for the $1000 reward. It would add a touch of class, especially if he does the screams as well.

I know, HOLLY SHIT FUCK YEAH.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stainlessgames/carmageddon-reincarnation?ref=category

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-18009412
new_carmagedon.jpg

Backers
$159,970
pledged of $400,000 goal
days to go
:thumbsup:

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Looks like someone reads the codex, 150$ just got a boxed edition :incline:

I guess i will have to pay now.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
Mother of god...... how low we have fallen if a game has to be advertised with 'includes a real physical thing'.
Decline of decline.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Mother of god...... how low we have fallen if a game has to be advertised with 'includes a real physical thing'.
Decline of decline.

Yes it's an awesome feature to include a physical thing these days.

I just stopped raging and stopped buying.

(50 euros for a digital download, a disgrace)

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Decline of decline.

Hey fuck you man, they were being ironic and edgy!

Kz3r0

Arcane
Decline of decline.

Yes it's an awesome feature to include a physical thing these days.

I just stopped raging and stopped buying.

(50 euros for a digital download, a disgrace)
But, but...they told me that DD would have lowered the prices.

likaq

Arcane
They have 245K now, 21 days still to go.

I want Quarantine III kickstarter too. :love:

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Project: Eternity
The original "edgy" game. Wonder if they will up the ante as far as polemics are concerned. Hard to achieve that nowadays.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Guise, they have car replicas for the $150 tiers now. I didn't want to pledge to this because they still haven't given up on the DRM shit, but now I don't know. Plz halp.

likaq

Arcane
Do it!
I'm in for 50$, unfortunately this is maximum amount I can give them :(.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I promise to rape you if you fail to pledge. Will that help to motivate you?

...or should I promise to NOT to rape you if you fail to pledge? :?

likaq

Arcane
From comments on kickstarter site:

Stainless Games about 3 hours ago

Dammit guys – you post too fast for me to keep up! :)

@ Everyone discussing the Great DRM Debate: Guys, think about it. We’re not a giant company, we’re an indie dev studio. We have to focus our development schedule on one thing - delivering a great game to you. It’s more important to us that we channel our main efforts into the creative aspects of the game, than spend the budget trying to cover every platform, OS and delivery option from the off.
The reason we’re going with PC and Steam initially is that it’s the most cost-effective way to deliver and update the game; plus it has the Leaderboards, Friends Lists, and Multiplayer support all built in. PLUS we can take advantage of our existing experience with the system to allow us to hit the ground running on all these aspects of the development.
If we had to develop and administer our own version of all those features, we’d have to divert a lot of manpower away from making a great gameplay experience. Would you rather Patrick worked on mental new Power-Ups, or Networking code? As we’ve said all along – if the Campaign is uber-successful, then we WANT to support as many platforms, OS and delivery options as we can (and we will be able to do a lot – due to our tech). But as a small company, we cannot commit to all these requests (at this stage of the Campaign) without knowing it would seriously dilute effort away from making the best new Carmageddon possible. However, we’ve committed to allowing you to play SP and LAN, offline.
When the game is out and we’re all happy with it (you and us!), then the work can begin to address the desire for it to be delivered in various ways across a variety of OS and platforms.

@ Psyrgery: Regarding the “visual upgrades” – yes, physical upgrade parts will detach and/or deform like the regular car parts. Doors, bonnets/boots (hood/trunk!) can be lost. And the wheels will be able to be torn off too. All the stuff you’d expect in your contemporary violent car game – PLUS the silliness of “Car Splitting”! :)

@ Jeff Hanlon: Every additional copy gets the Custom in-game Eagle. Pinball Mode and Solid Granite Car… How could we NOT bring them back?!

@ James Hogarth: There will be actual upgrades for your car (Armour, Power, Offensive) as well as purely cosmetic ones.

@ Dmitry Banzin: We will have a range of camera views, including customisable. It’s possible that we won’t implement an in-car view by default – but you could set one up if you wish. The in-car view tends to cause problems as soon as, say, the car’s bonnet (hood) crumples!
We already have an option to turn off the HUD.
Ability to disable the intro vids is a good idea. I like it in other games, so I’m sure we will.
We would like to do a Russian translation, as such a large percentage of our fan base is from this part of the world. Perhaps a community based approach to this would be good as you suggest.
Easter Eggs etc. Yes!
Blood splashes on cars, trails of blood etc… Well, of course. It wouldn’t be Carmageddon otherwise!
Radio channels for music is beyond the current scope for music, and would be an area that may be effected by a big Kickstarter success.
Rigs of Rods – there’s some impressive videos out there, but we looked at it and found the game buggy and sadly quite unsatisfying to play with.
Thanks for the game type suggestions Dimitry, and as to the rest of the questions… Don’t really have any current vehicle combat games that I like, the last one with vehicles in that I loved was Saints Row 3 (although the driving physics sucked!), I didn’t really enjoy Death Race, and my inspiration comes from movies, dreams (night and day), doodling, and discussions with my mad colleagues!

@ Stephen The Rushbrook: The game’s going to feature a super comprehensive Replay system. Actual replay saving and editing might not be a priority (at first), as everyone has Fraps these days.

@ Tamarinde: I’m so flattered, I can hardly respond. ;)
I admit, we are reluctant to release gameplay video, because in releasing WIP footage of an unfinished level with placeholder ped models, it’ll get judged in isolation no matter how many caveats we add of, “it’s a debug build with placeholder assets, there’s no optimisation, this doesn’t work yet, that doesn’t work yet!” And so ends up being counter-productive. We’re very early in the process of generating the art assets to make the game world look enticing, because of the tiny team that’s been working on the game until now. BUT – I intend to see if we can do something, to give everyone a taster.

@ Michel Myers: Thanks for the Youtube vid advice. I’m remembering to do this now! (And I’ll go back and add it to the description of the first two videos.)

@ Darkscale: Re. the Reddit AMA. Oo… That was bad. Now you’re making me nervous.

@ nk: We won’t be considering Origin – see my reasoning in the DRM/delivery reply above.

@ Ryan Hamm: The CarDmageddon game is a “Trumps” style game. Each card has a car and driver featured on it, with the specs. Players call out the spec from their card, and if it beats their opponent’s they win their opponent’s card. I’ll post some more images of the game, when I’m back in the office.

@ Aypok: At the moment we were planning on the boxes being the same. We may need to adjust this to a “deluxe box” though, for the $350 tier backers. It would be more fair to do so!

@ Oleksii Miroshko: The “early” Beta access will mean you get in at an early enough stage to provide really meaningful feedback that could lead to changes in gameplay, and suggestions on content etc. that will be listened to!

@ Pascal, Jamie Provonost: More in the $25 - $50 dollar tiers… Yes indeed, something new is coming to this area of the Reward tiers, very soon!

@ Mark de Jong: The little miniature cars will be… Miniature.

Okay, I’m going to have my tea now. I’ll be in the office later with Sim and Trifle (Dave) for the Reddit THING. Thanks for your continued support, CarmaFans!

Initially only steam. DRM :( . Possibly non-drm version after release.

Repressed Homosexual
The original "edgy" game. Wonder if they will up the ante as far as polemics are concerned. Hard to achieve that nowadays.

After Saints Row which featured things like running around downtown in a truck full of septic waste and attacking people with it with a hose, I wonder if it's possible to get any lower.

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Project: Eternity
Let's wait and see, I guess. Running over grannies is already quite low.

likaq

Arcane
I have tried to play TDR, but I just didn't like the look and feel of the game. I'm sorry if people who did enjoy it are miffed by our attitude (which is rather over-played for comic effect, tbh), but as we had no involvement in it, none of us has any emotional link to it other than the distant memory of bitterness at the time it all happened. It's nice to hear about the comment from Torus - and we have no ill feeling towards those guys whatsoever.

Number of peds? Per level, it'll vary with the level, but for example our prototype city level has 1500 for a nice level of density.

Min system requirements? The game's going to be really tweakable for performance, so it shouldn't be an issue with a relatively contemporary pooter.

I SPOKE TO FAYE TODAY! I swear - first time since she finished her filming session in 1996! She called me at home to say sorry she'd not accepted my FB friend request but she thought I might be a weirdo. Her husband worked out that I was probably legit and got her to give me a call. And so we had a nice chat, and she'll be on the Island in a couple of weeks so we're going to get together. We'll try to persuade her to reprise her role... Die Anna/Hawk is coming back. Oh yes.

We might include some C2 cars, but if we don’t have time, the tools will make it easy for the community to add them! ;)

Easter Eggs and puns there will be aplenty… :)

We are definitely listening, and want to incorporate the fans’ ideas. Solid granite peds is great – but as we’ll often find, it’s already been discussed here! (Because we’re thinking that some powerups should effect peds too…)

Fehndrix

What are your thoughts on crowd-funding being part of the future of gaming?

DaveH_SG 3

We think it's a really positive thing - there have been some great projects on Kickstarter already, big and small. If it helps get games made that would otherwise have been lost, that's great.

The ability to MOD the original Carmageddon games was such an appealing feature, having the ability to share your creations with your friends is something we are certainly keen on keeping.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom