Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Carmageddon: Reincarnation

likaq

Arcane
Stainless Games started their Carmageddon kickstarter.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stainlessgames/carmageddon-reincarnation

They need 400K $.

We've planned Carmageddon: Reincarnation as an iterative development project. This means that if we just make it to the $400k target, we'll be able to deliver Release #1 in February 2013. Kickstarter backers of $15 and above will receive Release #1 plus all subsequent releases.

If we exceed the $400k target, it'll allow us to include even more content in the first release. And if we smash the target, it'll also allow us to greatly expand the scope of the game, and to roll it out across more and more platforms, with Kickstarter backers getting to select their delivery platform of choice: consoles, tablets, phones, Macs, toasters, vibrating pillows, bananas... errrr.....

.....anyway! The higher our budget, the more it accelerates the development of major game features and get them in the game sooner, and the greater the ultimate scope of the game's content and delivery platforms. Wahoo! We all win!

And this is what I love:

"Raising the funds through Kickstarter will mean that we keep complete control of the project and can make the game we know everyone wants to play – with no EVIL corporate investor or publisher telling us that we can't run over old ladies or set fire to cows," said Patrick Buckland, founder and CEO of Stainless Games.

http://www.carmageddon.com/news/carmageddon-kickstarter

I hope they succeed.
:bro:

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Heh, Carmageddon, a guilty pleasure of days long gone. Supporting this for the old times' sake.

Why guilty pleasure, it was a fantastic and groundbreaking game, backed it and cant wait for it.

Damn kickstarter Iam gonna bankrupt at this pace, only thing thats missing is Freespace 3 and MCA kickstarter.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I almost fell off my chair laughing when in the video they ran over Tim Schafer in-game hahahahaha!!!

14111.jpg

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I hope that if they get considerably more money they'll have a DRM free version too. Maybe even a physical version at a lower tier.

SoupNazi

Holy shit, is that how Carmageddon looked? I remember it looking much nicer.

SoupNazi

Also: I really like their party reward - am I understanding it right that they'll fly you to UK?

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
That is one awesome video. Looks like it's off to a good start. I'll probably end up tossing some cash their way soon.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
I love Carmageddon. It's one of my favourite games, played it to bits. Everything was done just right - the game was pure FUN.

The tiers are well-designed and I chuckled a bit while reading them.
uPpdX.png

will pledge.

zeitgeist

Magister
Stainless Games said:
Following that, our backers will get every update of the game as it's released, for FREE.
Those "updates" sound an awful lot like DLC.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I love Carmageddon. It's one of my favourite games, played it to bits. Everything was done just right - the game was pure FUN.

What made it exceptional was a remarkable driving physics model, designed solely with that always-elusive "fun factor" in mind.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Another cutting-edge feature that our loyal fans loved about the original game was the Action Replay facility, and this is also going to be coming back - but with a modern twist: You'll be able to post your clips on YouTube and other such sites. And of course we will be embracing the Social Media revolution and linking up to your Facebooks and Twitters with in-game integration so you can disturb your parents without even leaving the game.
:decline:

But fuck it, it's Carmageddon....pledged $15.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Lolz, I hope they can pull of the game without watering it down... Original Carmageddon on this day and age will cause supermassive butthurt.

Wise Emperor

Arcane
New Carmageddon sounds awesome and its fucking 50K $ already! Funny video.
But DRM and Release 1? What does it mean? Episodes? DLCs? I'm not sure if I want to pledge for that kind of game...

FeelTheRads

Arcane
It's kinda confusing. Could be that the first release is sort of a beta? Although probably not if they make it public and not backer-only.
Maybe they'll make it more clear.

Anyway, so far it's a no for me, because there's no DRM-free version.

funkadelik

Arcane
God damn kickstarter, I must resist you until the last day of funding....

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It's kinda confusing. Could be that the first release is sort of a beta? Although probably not if they make it public and not backer-only.
Maybe they'll make it more clear.

I'm reading that as first beta released to the backers, and future updates until the release. 400k won't get a game of this scope finished, after all.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
I love Carmageddon i still have the box, however i hate the fact that i can't get a physical box.

I don't know if i will donate.

funkadelik

Arcane
$15 is not bad for a digital copy of the game when it gets released.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom