Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Catlateral Damage (first person cat sim)

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
Needs a "sprint" button that leaves you running in place for good three seconds before you actually move forward. Also people to chase you so you can run around while wreaking havoc. And soundtrack composed of dubstep and remixed meow sounds.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Why is the room so small? There's no fast travel or quest compass. Such a linear game.
Why is there only one character? I want to romance other cats and be straight/gay/bi/tranny like in Bioware masterpieces. Such a bigot filled game.
Where am I supposed to go? I need a quest compass. This game is too confusing.
Can you lose? Why is it catering to casuals. I need it to be a real game like DA2 and ME3.
Why must I be a cat? Why isn't there an option to be a dog? I want to be able to take a shit and eat it. C&C is lacking and it clearly isn't an RPG.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
They should call it Cat Simulator 2014 and put it on Steam. Add some TF2 hats and it would sell gangbusters.

nekonekoneko.png

mondblut

Arcane
:rage:

Believe it or not, about 3 days ago I suddenly awoke at 7am with this very idea for a videogame. Except way more sophisticated and with human caretakers to scratch and piss into shoes with. And better graphics and object destruction. Walk around the apartment, climb furniture, make things fall and break, beg caretakers for food, shit like that. 2 days later, somebody makes a preview of pretty much the same game. I feel robbed.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
:rage:

Believe it or not, about 3 days ago I suddenly awoke at 7am with this very idea for a videogame. Except way more sophisticated and with human caretakers to scratch and piss into shoes with. And better graphics and object destruction. Walk around the apartment, climb furniture, make things fall and break, beg caretakers for food, shit like that. 2 days later, somebody makes a preview of pretty much the same game. I feel robbed.

I don't give a slightest fuck about make-believe "i-am-a-cat-so-i-will-only-do-catlike-things" bullshit, because there is only my computer and me, and neither of us cares.

Also, worth mentioning:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Fun trivia of the day: Alley Cat is so well coded, that it can run without any problems or tinkering on PCs running OS's up to Windows 98. On Windows XP (and probably NT versions of Windows) compatibility mode will have to be used.

This is quite a feat of accomplishment considering the game was made and released in 1983.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
one of my deceased cats actually threw down a tv by jumping on it (dat heating vent)

No Great Name

Arcane
That room has multiple NES controllers on the shelves for some odd reason.

Also, what a waste of time on the developer's part. He even plans to include achievements.

I don't know what to make of the people who Greenlit this either.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom