Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I wonder why cutting subways seems to be a problem for some. They would be nice for immersion, but beyond that wouldn't really add anything to gameplay (considering fast travel + car summoning options). Being disappointed about no more wall running i understand since this actually changes the options you have ingame...

This game's focus is immersion. Not gameplay. No one has ever played a single CDPR game for the gameplay, because quite frankly all 3 Witcher games sucked in that department, and this isn't going to be any different. So losing subways is a big fucking deal.

Danikas

Arcane
dfyp7vnhh6851.jpg

Mazisky

Magister
I wonder why cutting subways seems to be a problem for some. They would be nice for immersion, but beyond that wouldn't really add anything to gameplay (considering fast travel + car summoning options). Being disappointed about no more wall running i understand since this actually changes the options you have ingame...

This game's focus is immersion. Not gameplay. No one has ever played a single CDPR game for the gameplay, because quite frankly all 3 Witcher games sucked in that department, and this isn't going to be any different. So losing subways is a big fucking deal.

I agree. I loved The Witcher 3, but soon I realized i've played it like a Quantic Dream game. Maybe just expect Cyberpunk to be more like a future-GTA than a proper RPG and u won't be dissappointed

Zer0wing

Cipher
let's cram as much shit into our game so it will crumble under its weight, then remove already announced and advertised features because they don't fit and because we've ran out of time.
All cynicism aside, wallrunning removal was hit right into the gut - CDPR could mix wallrunning with melee and unarmed combat to spice this crap up akin to Mirror's Edge: Catalyst kind.

The wall running going seems like a weird cut. While not everyone that's seen the game has been so hot on the shooting, (even still) the wall running (mixed with melee) seemed to be a aspect they did like.
Prolly doing so because they're full into cutting corners and have no desire to improve melee combat. It's all tied together.

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
Repent. The end is near.

Is she really japanese? She has relatively big boobs for an asian girl. Perhaps a hybrid?

She's clearly an hapa, but nowadays asian girls with naturally sizeable busts aren't uncommon.

Waist-to-hip ratio of hers is somewhat unusual for Asian girls

From China.
Here for 6 years.
3 messages.
2 of which are about China.
1 conclusion: Chinese spy located.

I was reactivated recently

SPY! HE'S A SPY!

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

Probably, but the first-person perspective, shooting and stealth elements already tell me I'll enjoy what gameplay there is a lot more than I did Witcher's click-clicky and Witcher 2/3 rolly-rolly.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria

Nerds having an obsession with trains? Colour me shocked.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
This game's focus is immersion. Not gameplay. No one has ever played a single CDPR game for the gameplay, because quite frankly all 3 Witcher games sucked in that department,

Both 3 games still have better gameplay than Skyrim and most people played that shit for that. So yeah the majority of people that played the Witcher games, do care about the gameplay (and W1 has good gameplay).

Anyway, my prediction is this game will be just full of short and long term C&C ... After all, that's what the Witcher 3 was too.

What long term C&C W3 has? Most of the consequences happen immeadeatly after you've made the choices, and the long term consequences are pretty much some kind of call back down the line. That's it.
Very few quests accessbilty is dependant on your previous choices. Even the entire gimmick of transfering your Witcher 2 save bears almost negligable impact (save for Letho's life).
Which speaking of, W2 is the game that has the most persistent and significant consequences, but no one likes that one for some reason.

Last edited:

typical user

Arbiter
The only reason I see for wallrunning being removed was it being too painful to implement without redesigning every location. You have to include many flat surfaces and if you splatter posters, graffiti then the surface doesn't look like something you can wallrun. Same with removal of 3rd person camera from dialogs and cutscenes. CDP went with using your camera to aim at objects rather than polluting the screen with all available prompts. Implementing that in 3rd person would mean double the work and triple the costs to make sure both perspectives work the same. With subways they probably decided that people used to skip them or didn't use them as much.

But removal of those features is huge :decline: I hope the game releases with at least half of the promised features.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The only reason I see for wallrunning being removed was it being too painful to implement without redesigning every location. You have to include many flat surfaces and if you splatter posters, graffiti then the surface doesn't look like something you can wallrun. Same with removal of 3rd person camera from dialogs and cutscenes. CDP went with using your camera to aim at objects rather than polluting the screen with all available prompts. Implementing that in 3rd person would mean double the work and triple the costs to make sure both perspectives work the same. With subways they probably decided that people used to skip them or didn't use them as much.

But removal of those features is huge :decline: I hope the game releases with at least half of the promised features.
Just imagine needing navmeshes for walls+ceiling and floor instead of just the floor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom