Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Bliblablubb

Arcane
As one previewer noted, it's weird how much costumization there is on your actual character, and how little you actually get to see yourself in the world with those choices, and how its reflected back to you.

Why would you spend such a long time costumizing shit, if it never really ends up being used or portrayed to the player throughtout the game?

MYSTARY

Obviously your penis size and type will determine the ending
I remember reading romancing the punk chica depends on "gender and/or body type". I know they probably meant the stat, but it would be hillarious if you could only score with her as a grrl... or if you had set the penis slider all the way to "Darth Roxor". :hahano:

Those sweet tears on the internets...

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I remember reading romancing the punk chica depends on "gender and/or body type". I know they probably meant the stat, but it would be hillarious if you could only score with her as a grrl... or if you had set the penis slider all the way to "Darth Roxor". :hahano:

Just wait when she turns out lesbian and people start making female chars to get the sex scenes with her :D

Bliblablubb

Arcane

Just wait when she turns out lesbian and people start making female chars to get the sex scenes with her :D
That's how I understood that vague info. Girls and superbuff guys only.
I for one have already set aside some popcorn for the unevitable "that is too restrictive" and "playing as a womyn would make me gay" shitstorm. :obviously:

Ahhh, who am I kidding. This will go straight to the "features cut" list eventually.

marek

Educated
This game's focus is immersion. Not gameplay. No one has ever played a single CDPR game for the gameplay, because quite frankly all 3 Witcher games sucked in that department, and this isn't going to be any different. So losing subways is a big fucking deal.

Storytelling, characters and worldbuilding were the things immersing you in CDPR games. Not some meaningless simulation like siting on your ass for 40 minutes in a train while moving from A to B. or wiping said ass properly with some scented toilet paper. Is this RPGcodex or some The Sims fansite? If you don't like Witcher games, you won't like Cyberpunk 2077 anyway. Train Simulator 2020 might be more up your alley.

Egosphere

Arcane
I'd be more excited for the game if the cyberpunk setting wasn't africa-with-neon-lights. Witcher 3 had some beautiful scenery and great music; this just looks like a gaudy dump.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Interesting part is the perks. If these are the most expensive ones and they look so uninteresting (at least before having played it), I can imagine the other perks are very much token stuff.

Goodbye, sense of progression.

Yosharian

Arcane
I'm cautiously optimistic about this but I am disappointed with those perks, they're not as bad as 5% INCREASED DAMAGE WITH SMGS! but they don't seem interesting like, say, Underrail's, they don't seem like they'll change the way you play

ekrolo2

Learned

Interesting part is the perks. If these are the most expensive ones and they look so uninteresting (at least before having played it), I can imagine the other perks are very much token stuff.

Goodbye, sense of progression.

It's so bizarre they fucked this up when there are multiple Deus Ex games out there to serve as an example for how to do cyborg progression in ways that actually change gameplay instead of just percentage shit.

Zer0wing

Cipher
It's so bizarre they fucked this up when there are multiple Deus Ex games out there to serve as an example for how to do cyborg progression in ways that actually change gameplay instead of just percentage shit.
We haven't heard shit about implants and you already whine about them? Pathetic.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Wrong thread, though, eh?
By all means no, anything to speed up our Cyberpunk future.

I don't know if the new Deus Ex games are a good example. I only seriously played the original.

ChildInTime

Learned

the actor voicing male V

I noticed there are two male Vs listed on imdb and according to this reddit guy Gavin Drea is not the in-game VA; 2019 CGI trailer made by someone else so they used him but V in the game will be John Flanagan who also voiced 2018 trailer.

g0ie63nob1851.jpg

Darkzone

Arcane
If CDPR had any national pride then they would lower the price for polish GoG accounts and polish buyers on GoG to 99 PLN. And even that is too much for what over the years Poland has done for them. But yes CDPR would rather support people who are tearing down the monuments of great polish heroes and spit up on the polish people, because they are white. Their degeneracy will spiral them down the drain and CDPR should be rather respectful to their people, because of the way down they will meet again.

Last edited:

mk0

Learned
Is there any hook to this game besides being a cybernetically enhanced gangbanger? The trailers have left me empty-handed on the story front. :|

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom