Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Latelistener

Arcane
"Cyberpunk 2077 is a narrative-driven, open world RPG set in the most vibrant and dangerous metropolis of the future — Night City. You play as V, a hired gun on the rise, who just got their first serious contract. In a world of cyberenhanced street warriors, tech-savvy netrunners and corporate life-hackers, today is your first step to becoming an urban legend."
So, basically it's one character with predefined story, just like Witcher (except you can change appearance).
So much for Cyberpunk adaptation.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
screen-provoked.4.jpg

screen-trauma-team.4.jpg

Perkel

Arcane
Just to make how big wave CB2077 trailer generated:

r/Games in order:

CB2077 - 10k upvotes - 2k comments
Sakiro - 3.4k upvotes - 600 comments
Halo Inf. - 1.8k upvotes - 600comments
DMC5 - 1,5k upvotes - 500 comments
Fallou76 - 1,5k upvotes - 500 comments

In other worlds CB2077 is more popular than next 4 biggest games COMBINED

Frozen

Arcane
It looks ugly as f
Boring generic GTA aesthetics to the T
Art style, animations, everything looks cheap, like last gen.
Maybe potatos lost funding or smoke all they were getting from their government but this is just trash.
Also Biodrones flooded this thread.
Same morons I argue with when Dragon Age 2 was out and were convincing me at the time it has better graphics than Origins lol

Unwanted

†††

Patron
I think the problem lies with the art direction more than the day setting (which has been done countlessly in other cyberpunk works with no complaints). The use of pastel colors kinda ruins it. Let's hope it's just for the trailer and the game looks more lively

grimace

Arcane
Oh lord, it's a CDP game, people. If there's one certain thing in the universe, it's that combat is going to suck donkey balls.

I want to be able to avoid most (if not all) combat entirely. I'm a 1337 haxxor not a Terminator. I want to run fast and avoid threats of violence. If it's stealth let it be stealth. Let me "hack" systems to turn cameras off and sneak past, get credits from hacked ATMs, etc.

Alexios

Augur
Patron
Always hard to tell how a game will turn out based on a trailer but this is looking so disappointing that I'm wondering if CDPR is trolling everyone.

More likely that the game just lost its purpose over the course of its absurd length of development and wound up in this state.

RepHope

Savant
They said they wanted a “rock & roll” vibe from the very beginning. I think they nailed it. I’m sure there will be night sequences for you autists, but why the fuck anyone would be mad we’re not getting HR’s piss filter + Endless night is beyond me.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Cyberpunk 2077 - the first game ever where players will rest during the day and fuck shit up during the night.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
At least now there are zero expectations while waiting for an actual pre-release gameplay footage. Plenty of time to purchase some pastel coloured Disney cinematography, to get the juices flowing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom