Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
If I was corporate I'd honestly bite the bullet and just release on schedule. At this point in the development cycle, with all the money they already blew marketing November as the launch, what the hell are they going to do in an extra few weeks that can fix the game?

I smell something afoot.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
If I was corporate I'd honestly bite the bullet and just release on schedule. At this point in the development cycle, with all the money they already blew marketing November as the launch, what the hell are they going to do in an extra few weeks that can fix the game?

I smell something afoot.
I suspect they were simply inexperienced with simultaneous release for 7+ consoles. There is reason why other companies are releasing for latest consoles first, and for PC bit later.

Takamori

Learned
Console faggotry is all to if what they said about going gold being true. Either release PC right away and let the peasants wait, its not like the 5 early adopters of PS5 and XBOX will be mad by their retarded decision of buying it.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
o82n0l21mhv51.jpg

:excellent:

I assume the black fella read the delay news on his phone.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

I smell something afoot.
I suspect they were simply inexperienced with simultaneous release for 7+ consoles. There is reason why other companies are releasing for latest consoles first, and for PC bit later.

Sure, but what does that actually mean in details though? I assume (perhaps not wisely) that they already have playable builds for all the platforms they are targeting. This kind of extension does not seem like a last minute thing to me. Are some builds completely broken a la the hilarious xbox 360 version of Shadow of Mordor? Why not release for platforms where they have stable builds first?

Questions. So many questions.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why not release for platforms where they have stable builds first?

There are contractual obligations involved in things like this. You release on one platform before the others, you're screwing those other platform holders over. And the retailers who sell games for those platforms, etc etc.

J1M

Arcane
What is likely happening:
-they are going through the game and removing particles/lights/other things on the weaker consoles that cause them to stutter or crash
-can't release PC on time due to contractual obligations

Naraya

Arcane

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
There are contractual obligations involved in things like this. You release on one platform before the others, you're screwing those other platform holders over. And the retailers who sell games for those platforms, etc etc.

What is likely happening:
-they are going through the game and removing particles/lights/other things on the weaker consoles that cause them to stutter or crash
-can't release PC on time due to contractual obligations

Hmm, makes sense as far as guesses go. I suppose we'll see when/if the game comes out.

Zer0wing

Cipher
CD Project remains satisfied with the pre-sale level of "Cyberpunk 2077". - The representatives of the Management Board were informed. The Company expects that as a result of the postponement of the game premiere, the marketing expenses will be slightly higher than previously assumed,
Pre-ordering games is even more cancerous than previously thought to be, amazing. Those who preordered it with money are deserving the rope en masse for giving CDPR enough money to fuck around in the vegan kitchen.

Gargaune

Magister
Should've put those ads on the London trains instead - every time it gets within two minutes of arrival, bam!, they add another ten to the clock. Oh, and after three or four delays, they turn an eight-car train into a four-car, stick that up your metaphor.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
CDelayed Projekt Red
but quality is what matters. There's trend games are released in early access state while not having EA tag. I'm welcoming this decision. More polish (no pun intended) is always better.

Naraya

Arcane
CD Project remains satisfied with the pre-sale level of "Cyberpunk 2077". - The representatives of the Management Board were informed. The Company expects that as a result of the postponement of the game premiere, the marketing expenses will be slightly higher than previously assumed,
Pre-ordering games is even more cancerous than previously thought to be, amazing.
Well - I absolutely agree. People offended by this delay should cancel their preorders and buy the game the way a sane people does - AFTER the release and IF they like it.

Danikas

Arcane

Zer0wing

Cipher
Dunno about this chief it was sitting on top 1 spot yesterday and today it disappeared from the list altogether alot of neckbeards must have cancelled the pre order :cool:
Ain't it two delays late tho? Those neckbeards look as silly as other neckbeards smashing their Nintendo Switches or controllers in rage for not getting what they want. Yeah, that'll show 'em, alright. When it happened already.

Danikas

Arcane
Dunno about this chief it was sitting on top 1 spot yesterday and today it disappeared from the list altogether alot of neckbeards must have cancelled the pre order :cool:
Ain't it two delays late tho? Those neckbeards look as silly as other neckbeards smashing their Nintendo Switches or controllers in rage for not getting what they want. Yeah, that'll show 'em, alright. When it happened already.
I never pre ordered shit so I wouldnt know but doesent it work like this: you pre order stuff but you can still cancel and get your money back before the release?

Zer0wing

Cipher
but quality is what matters. There's trend games are released in early access state while not having EA tag. I'm welcoming this decision. More polish (no pun intended) is always better.
I don't know about this boss, last time CDPR delayed Witcher 3, it came out unfinished (with some superficial side-content added back with patches and freebies) and had a rushed act 3 that was and still to this day is both looks rough and unfinished and a waste of time. Even more exaggerated case will be mentioned before STALKER series when the main game was anything but finished, non-EA or polished. And so much cut content it spawned two more add-ons and a fan-made whole another STALKER game.
I never pre ordered shit so I wouldnt know but doesent it work like this: you pre order stuff but you can still cancel and get your money back before the release?
It is true for Steam and GoG but it is still a shame when preorder contributes to delays like this in a first place.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom