Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Perkel

Arcane
mhhgli78huv51.png

Tehdagah

Arcane
...the fuck?

i don't really get why people are melting down so hard today lol. it's just another delay, which sucks, but that's about my only thoughts on it. game probably runs like 15fps on one of the old consoles or is fucked on stadia or something like that. i'm very hyped for the game but i just can't even bothered getting angry over waiting longer

It's just your typcial internet trolling that exists for more over than 30 years now. People crying over """""DEATH THREATS""""" over Twitter, give me a fucking break.

The issue is that developers are treated as things who only exist to deliver product. Crunching and console optimization could've been solved by delaying the game a few months, but then they would have to face the ire of investors and consoomers. Imagine working 100 hours a week just to have people trashing you as a compliment (and a plenty of them aren't even interested in your game)

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
The issue is that developers are treated as things who only exist to deliver product.
The "PR" in CDPR stands for propaganda, as in manufacturing mountains of hype. If they wanted emotional investment, they should prepare.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
3 weeks? That's a breeze.

But think about it and understand that proper balancing the different complex RPG mechanics is an intensive and precarious process and a good job will make the game challenging but fair and emotionally rewarding.
:)

Last edited:

kain30

Cipher
Don´t get me wrong, i´m going to buy the game but i´m laughing my ass off with the meltdown of the fans

ChildInTime

Learned
So the head honchos were planning the delay way ahead of these news, we should have expected that - remember someone posting in this thread that those two fuckheads were selling their shares.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Inb4, the whole delay was an insider trading scheme, and good luck having anyone convicted over that in fucking Polska :lol:

Generic-Giant-Spider

...the fuck?

i don't really get why people are melting down so hard today lol. it's just another delay, which sucks, but that's about my only thoughts on it. game probably runs like 15fps on one of the old consoles or is fucked on stadia or something like that. i'm very hyped for the game but i just can't even bothered getting angry over waiting longer

The death threats never happened. It's just some gay way to try and win people back by playing on their morality and making them cover their mouth in shock and say, "that is WRONG and NOT RIGHT."

It's fake.

A fabrication.

We made this one up.

Not true.

Not a chance.

This one was invented by a writer.

False.

Nope.

No way.

We created it.

Pure fiction.

It's a made up tale.

It's an urban legend that never happened.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Here is generally every "death threat" game developers face:

"God these devs are retarded. I hope they die in a fire."

Standard, clean, direct internet trash talk that is twisted into looking like they are hired hitmen with garroting wires wrapped around black leather gloves on standby. Don't believe this dumb shit. Nobody is going to book a plane to kill some faggot named Andrzej. Nobody is going to cross borders with murderous intent to bring to some bitchmade pollack that has a last name that looks like a sound your stomach makes when you eat an undercooked pizza pocket.

PRAISE ALLAH.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
3 weeks? That's a breeze.

But think about it and understand that proper balancing the different complex RPG mechanics is an intensive and precarious process and a good job will make the game challenging but fair and emotional rewarding.
:)
They need those three weeks to mobilize the poos for tech support.

Sometimes I have the impression that just as the biblical Aaron created the golden calf in the absence of Moses at the request of the Israelites, so Kiciński at the request of soyboys in the absence of 'good RPGs' decided to make Cyberpunk 2077. From the 32 chapter of Exodus we go to the third chapter of Genesis. Just as an infant who has not yet done anything concrete is burdened with original sin, so the 'hater' is marked by the stigma of high expectations or even piracy, although there is nothing to pirate yet. Just as in the case of Christians the first sacrament is used as a rite of purification, in the case of ardent followers of the CD PROJECT cult the only possibility to get rid of blame is preordering CYBERPUNK, and if there is such a possibility, preferably at GOG GALAXY.

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Good read in case anyone is interested instead of waving their hands, throwing tantrums, making stupid assumptions and tinfoil hat theories:

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2020/10/trancript_en.pdf

Moreover, while we are releasing on the PC and two console brands, we are, in fact, preparing and testing nine distinct versions of the game, for the following platforms:

PC
Xbox One
Xbox One X
PS4
PS4 Pro
compatible releases on Xbox Series S and Series X
PS5 compatible release
...and Stadia.

Oof.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom