Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can’t wait to buy the Complete Edition in 2022.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
ENG_product-page-addons.png

Sentinel

Arcane
Wonder if CP2077 will also come with that developer message thanking people for "buying spending their hard-earned money on their game" and "hoping CDPR deserves your trust".

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Reeves was stoned or drunk during that presentation.
He clearly had equilibrium problems!

Heard that Sawyer?
Fix Keanu ASAP!!

Keshik

Arcane
Lame dialogue in it, but that's to be expected. I guess it's time to upgrade.

Herumor

Scholar
While I'm hopeful about the game, I still don't understand why people would preorder. Yes, gameplay was shown last year, but clearly they have something new to show again this year at E3. IIRC, there's a closed and public showing, but I don't know if CDPR ever said footage of either would actually get uploaded online so that people, who couldn't see it live, would actually get more than just a cinematic trailer.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
While I'm hopeful about the game, I still don't understand why people would preorder. Yes, gameplay was shown last year, but clearly they have something new to show again this year at E3. IIRC, there's a closed and public showing, but I don't know if CDPR ever said footage of either would actually get uploaded online so that people, who couldn't see it live, would actually get more than just a cinematic trailer.
If they are showing it to the public then it will be uploaded, official or leaked, someone will record it.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I see CDProjekt got on that diversity bandwagon with protagonist being a faggot :roll: How many SJW-points that gives you from game journos?
Dumb out of touch Poles, thinking they can appease the Red Guards with gay, in this day and age. Disabled fat kangess with a speech impediment would be the bare minimum. They're gonna catch huge flak for another white male protag with a boring white male name.

hexer

The release date is here.. Good, I can now plan my vacation!

I see CDProjekt got on that diversity bandwagon with protagonist being a faggot :roll: How many SJW-points that gives you from game journos?

Hmm.. I thought they were just friends?

They're just good friends who tenderly caress face and hold hands.

I think last year's male version of the gameplay demo being shown behind closed doors to journos also had him set as gay, made more sense given the target audience.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Reeves was stoned or drunk during that presentation.
He clearly had equilibrium problems!

Heard that Sawyer?
Fix Keanu ASAP!!

maybe on medication

Don't you fuckin say somethiong like that again. Keanu is a national treasure and he MUST live forever.

---------------

In the release date presentation trailer, there are two scenes where the camera in following the character.
So I guess the ludic narcissists got their wish answered! :)
3rd person confirmed

Herumor

Scholar
If they are showing it to the public then it will be uploaded, official or leaked, someone will record it.

I'd prefer official, phonecam footage isn't exactly known for its quality.

What all is there to actually be hopeful about?

I like CDPR games. While obviously Witcher 2 and Witcher 3 suffered from heavy doses of consolitis, they were enjoyable games. So far, they haven't made a game that I didn't like. That said, I still shat on them last year when they showed the demo footage to 'game journalists' and the like, while restricting the public from seeing it. Them releasing it later didn't endear them to me, as it seemed they gave into pressure rather than a genuine change of heart.

What else do ya'll want to see from gameplay? It's all there in last years' demo. First-person Deux Ex in an open world. There, gameplay.

Everything, really, but I'd settle for some decent exploration and wandering around the city. Also, more cybernetics would be nice. The procedure for those mantis blades would be a delight to my eyes, unless it's justa fade out and then voila, here's your artificial arms and that's that. Bottom line, I just want more. 48 minutes of gameplay were good for last year, now the beast must be sated again.

Not sure where you are getting gay vibes from.

Faggots projecting their own thoughts because they can't comprehend the thought of friendship between two men without homosexual connotations to it. Or so I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom