Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

CD Projekt's CYBERPUNK 2077 - coming December 10th

Discussion in 'CD Projekt Red' started by Azazel, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Efe Arbiter

Efe
    then you take the betrayal plotline and kill him?

^ Top  
  2. Sigourn Arcane

Sigourn
    This is like saying "how can I get immersed in [film] with [real life actor] actually walking around in them?".

• Brofist x 4
    • it is a mystery x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • /facepalm/ x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Venser Liturgist

Venser
    [​IMG]

Hoped for a better statue, this one looks kinda awkward. Standard edition comes out with a lot of physical and digital items too. Other companies would sell the standard as a deluxe for double the price.

Also the bike looks familiar, stickers and all...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Alexios Savant Patron

Alexios

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 3
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. kalganoat Learned

kalganoat
    can we romance Keanu?

• Friendly x 6
    • incline x 2
    • Excited! x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • Deus Vult x 1
    • cuck x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Cosmo Arcane

Cosmo
    Project: Eternity
    Winona was even worse...

• Yes Yes x 1
    • cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. gruntar Savant

gruntar
    She deserved Oscar for that role.

[​IMG]

• Excited! x 27
    • Funny x 3
    • Prestigious x 3
    • When words are not enough x 3
    • nice x 2
    • Cheers!! x 2
    • :M x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Doggy x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    Because he picks roles he gives shit about
    Because he played in matrix and playing in CB2077 will give people what they always wanted from him.
    Because he is genuinely amazing human being.
    Because he is perfect fit for CB2077. Out of all holly stars he would be my first choice to get in game if needed.

Either way CDPR again shows that they are gods of PR. Kyun is right now everywhere.

• Brofist x 5
    • Friendly x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Yes x 1
    • NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    It's a "look how big and mainstream we are!" thing, trying to prove what a big deal you are. Sony and Microsoft did it all the time back in the day, and still do here and there. Potato land is just catching up.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. luj1 You're all shills

luj1

>gods of PR

The way it goes is you just pick the most over-exposed actor right now. A few years ago it would have been Michael Fassbender. It's not exactly rocket science.

• rolleyes rolleyes x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Quillon Magister

Quillon
    Watched again, it probably spoils "act 1"'s one possible ending rather than some end game shit, since V comments on entering the major leagues still and they are dealing with Dexter one last time who we know is an early game character.

Also Samurai was only 1 of 3 backstory choices unless they changed something; maybe different characters would greet V there in other 2 cases instead of Keanu's, just speculating :P

^ Top  
  12. Keshik Arcane

Keshik
    Keanu should have played Max Payne

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Machocruz Arcane

Machocruz
    Keanu is the urban action/dark future star. I think Johnny Mnemonic made more of an impression than people give it credit for :lol:

Btw I don't remember Coppola's direction being so hokey

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker

:positive:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • sheeple sheeple x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. typical user Savant

typical user
    No, I think he appears as glitched hallucination because you can select Johnny Silverhand as your role model. Depending on your choices you will see different things like your childhood hero, the reason why you are in Night City and your most important life event whle trying to sort out from Scrapyard. Same thing happens in Detroit: Become Human - one of main characters gets dumped in trash, reboots, has impaired vision and hearing and has to find spare parts to get out.

I also suspect this trailer shows what happens if you double-cross the corporate who gives you Eddies to buy the drone from official gameplay from Maelstorm gang - they track you through the virus on the credit slip, Jackie gets killed in process and Dex ventilates you. Don't know about T-bug, she was supposed be on your side because player character gets help from her before he meets Dexter. Maybe she is the one who fixes/stabilizes you and then helps you after you wake up.

• Informative x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. sullynathan Arcane

sullynathan
    Hopefully there's a kaneda costume, motoko costume and matrix costume.

• incline incline x 5
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    John Wick was the movie Max Payne should've been.

• Agree x 9
    • Yes x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • No x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian

• Excited! Excited! x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Danikas Arcane

Danikas
    Finally, after months of preparation, we can share with you two big things we have been hard at work on — CP2077's cinematic story trailer and a brand new gameplay demo! Yes, yes, we know — for now, the demo is only available to the lucky ones who managed to get tickets to E3 and the rest of you will have to wait until gamescom or the public dev Q&A unveiling stream at PAX in August. Yeah, we can already feel the bashing you're gonna give us online :(. "Why are you not treating us fair", "why is the gameplay not being released right away?". The reason is we want to make the most out of the months of work we put into the demo and first showcase gameplay live at E3 and gamescom. Releasing gameplay right away would make the gamescom presentations pointless and would significantly limit our chance to build hype. Why do we need to build hype? To get more gamers interested in CP2077 and, hopefully, convince them to give it a go. We are putting our hearts and souls into making CP2077 a great game and we would like as many gamers as possible to find out about it and experience its amazing story. Also, hype can turn into sales (after all, we are not a charity), and good sales allow us to grow, take creative risks and deliver new, great games for you to enjoy.

And let’s not forget about one more super important announcement — the release date. Less than a year from now, on April 16th, 2020, you’ll finally be able to sink your teeth into Cyberpunk 2077.

As you probably noticed, we prepared 2 editions of the game. Why only two? Because when we pre-order ourselves, we don’t like to go to Wikipedia to compare content. We have a simple deal: there’s the standard edition, the one we think most gamers will choose, and a limited Collector’s Edition. While we're pretty proud of the CE, we'd like to turn your attention to that first one. Why? Because we have really maxed out the physical capacity of the box with goodies. We think this raises the bar for "standard" and we hope you'll think so, too. Also, since pre-orders are live, you might be wondering if there’s any point in placing an order now. Yes, if you want to give us some extra support. Pre-orders help us build anticipation — the more copies you pre-order, the more likely it is for us to get retail (both digital and physical) behind the game. Therefore, if you like what you see, we will appreciate you "voting yes" for CP2077 with a pre-order. If you are still hesitating though, we would rather you wait for more materials or reviews. Our goal is for you to truly enjoy CP2077 and not regret a pre-order.

Take care and looking forward to seeing you in Night City!
    CD PROJEKT RED team

• Friendly x 7
    • Brofist x 3
    • WTF am I reading x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • nice x 1
    • Thanks! x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. TheSentinel Arcane

TheSentinel
    Do you have sauce?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Quillon Magister

Quillon
    Prolly a frame in the trailer?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. The Bishop Arbiter

The Bishop
    His acting is great for as long as you cast him for a fitting role, that role being Keanu Reeves. Nobody can play Keanu Reeves better than him.

• Funny x 5
    • Agree x 4
    • Friendly x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    The Keanu Reeves man crush is a powerful force, first place on steam and the game didn't even release yet.:lol:

• incline incline x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Mr. Hiver Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Mr. Hiver
    Looks good. FP view is as constricting es ever.

A bit more darker time of day presentation this time around. The world looks dense and stylistically great.
    Keanu is a bro.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • sheeple sheeple x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Saerain Augur Patron

Saerain
    I laughed. I mean there's nothing bad about it, just something intrinsically comical about sudden in-game Keanu. But I guess it would've been the same with anyone highly recognizable.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.