Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Dodo1610

Arcane
The trailer shows the outcome of one mission. If you go in guns blazing Jackie will die if you are stealthy he will probably leave you or maybe even betray you.
I highly doubt the CC will be much more complex than that.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Is it confirmed whether you can play through this game entirely as a stealth character or not yet? This is the only thing keeping it from the trash pile.

Zer0wing

Cipher
It is confirmed that you can't not kill in this game but stealthy character is a possibility, yes.

Mazisky

Magister
The things i'm most curious about from that trailer is that whether the protagonist's friend's death a unavoidable event or decided by your choices during the mission they show in the previous demo.

Because back when they release the 48 minutes demo, they make that character sounds like a important companion(I think they even says you can romance him), and if your decision can leads to a companion's death in the early game I'd say it's a big incline.

Yep, i am pretty sure it is only a possilble outcome, others being he still alive and the black thug is still a friend.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I'm not sure what to extrapolate from lack of outrage surrounding the fact US is only getting digital release on PC - everyone has already moved to digital so they don't care OR their PC market is so dead it never mattered in the first place. I know I'd be pretty pissed considering even CDPR's standard releases put others to shame and rival deluxe editions.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
They said we can play a variety of roles, or is that not true anymore? And yeah, of course it's a deal breaker, I don't do FPSes. Speaking of, why is this in the RPG section?

Perkel

Arcane
And why would any of that require the godamn stupid box around my head?
Thats the constriction i mentioned, the dumb square you look out of. Fuck you and your First person view mate, alright? What do you think, youre the only one who played some shooters?

Well you are retarded if you don't understand what is difference between 3rd person and 1st person camera design wise. Quick question. Let us say you have tunnel which is 1m tall. How do you propose your camera would work if you would have to follow character via that tunnel ?

Hint: It won't unless you make it 5m tall.

And that is just one use case. In game like CB you will be non stop in very closed spaces which would make 3rd person camera a nightmare to deal with.

But i guess you are one of those gta retards or something.

Quillon

Arcane
Stealth doesn't mean pacifism. We saw a silent takedown and there is all that tech jazz, hacking etc. It should be possible to play stealthy, unless they force an open combat whenever they do it.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Theyve shown they can make good quests and C$C in Witcher games. It was a bit watered down in w3 due to open world size, and various issues that prolonged the development and they had to rush a lot of features.
But since they started this early and had plenty of money and have one city to fill up, this will very probably turn out to be pretty great in that respect.

Ill swallow the FP somehow... until someone mods the TP in.

Perkel, you just trippled down on being completely stupid and behaving like you never seen any other game.
Its clear you want that specific kind of claustrophobia of FP in tight spaces. Its clear you like it, Fine, OK.
But there isnt anything about other PoVs that prevent them from being used in such environment - as they are in a million of cases, even isometric RPGs. And of course the Cyberpunk isnt going to be playing ONLY in small cramped spaces.
You get high from looking at the world through a cut out box? Go stick one on your head.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
D8rWe38XYAA-vqc.jpg:large

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
*Action Man enters stage*

Action Man: How do you do fellow gaymers. C Y B E R P U N K.

Welll most AAA games nowadays has at least 1 hollywood actor, so it might as well be Keanu.

Also, wtf was it with the MS conference and CG trailer. Show some fucking gameplay dammit.

On December 24, 1999, Reeves' girlfriend, Jennifer Syme, gave birth eight months into her pregnancy to Ava Archer Syme-Reeves, who was stillborn. The strain put on their relationship by their grief resulted in their breakup several weeks later. On April 2, 2001, Syme was driving alone on Los Angeles' Cahuenga Boulevard when she sideswiped three parked cars, rolled over several times, and was thrown from the car. Authorities believed she died instantly. She was reportedly being treated for depression and taking two prescription drugs, which police found in her car. Reeves, who was scheduled to begin shooting back-to-back Matrix sequels during the subsequent spring, sought "peace and time" to deal with the incident, according to his friend Bret Domrose, a guitarist in Reeves' alternative rock band Dogstar.
agharjd.png

Yeah that's sad. Everybody around him just seems to die.

serveimage

FPP > TPP and TPP is console heresy, that must be purged from the face of Earth with holy napalm.

Then genres like platformers, figthing games, hack 'n' slash (and even others) woulnd't have had the classics they produced.

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
It is confirmed that you can't not kill in this game but stealthy character is a possibility, yes.

So, stealth until mandatory fighting sections, that doesn't sound very stealth to me.
It's very easy to imagine the player sneaking through 95% of the encounters they showed last year. Of course I'd prefer 100% as a stealth player but 95% is good too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom