Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
What was meant by "Tired understanding of cyberpunk"?
I used Google the find the source and my question was not answered.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I would then guess its the "transphobia" which is whenever you dont go around specifically and intentionally turning the whole game into trans heaven and issues. Which is "tired".

In that case they were right, Keanu actually does heal and removes all such infections and problems.

Dodo1610

Arcane
What was meant by "Tired understanding of cyberpunk"?
I used Google the find the source and my question was not answered.

Some idiots believe that Cyberpunk means fighting evil mega-corporations so they are angry that V is "amoral" and works with them.
The whole transphobia thing is so insane, they believe just because some GOG marketing guy made a dumb joke last year that CD Projekt as a whole is transphobic.

Yosharian

Arcane
4Ea3rKG.jpg

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Why is Keanu Reeves in the game now? I don't understand. Do they just spin a roulette and say x celebrity is in the game?
Also, after seeing this enough times now, I'm 90% convinced that this is just going to be another grand theft auto clone and all expectations or enthusiasm I've had are gone now.

Gotta say, I dunno if I should just avoid trailers or what, but it's pretty annoying that this trailer pretty much spoiled every story beat that was set up by the gameplay reveal.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

KK1001

Arbiter
Keanu makes perfect sense. He's been in 3 major cyberpunk films of the past 35 years (Johnny Mnemonic, The Matrix, A Scanner Darkly). He's at the height of his mainstream popularity, especially among important demographics that might not otherwise be interested in Cyberpunk 2077 (teenagers, women).

They're selling Cyberpunk 2077 as a big "event" game similar to RDR2 and GTA5, so you have to capture the FIFA players, Madden and CoD dudebros.

Paul_cz

Arcane
https://www.gamepressure.com/newsro...red-bets-on-open-world-adventure-not-rp/z8ca4

What is up with this? They changed it to "Open-wrold, action-adeventure" Weren't they previously correcting and forcing everyone to say First Person RPG and shit!!
Decided that attracting the 100 million people who bought GTA would be nice.
It is pure marketing though, the game will be more RPG than Witcher 3 was.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom