Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Naraya

Arcane
Still gonna buy a new PC for this
Hold on a bit. Momot said on Twatter that they are going to release RT/max requirements closer to the release.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
If you're going to talk shit, at least do it in English, mate.
Sorry "mate", I can talk shit about you and others pathetic whimps, who can't handle a rejection from a woman, in any language I want. Welcome to RPG Codex.
Besides I think you (and other butthurts who seems in agreement with you) understand me perfectly fine, you are just rejecting meaning of my message.

I mean, holy shit, I forgot that this ex-IGN urinalist exist (just as I trying to forget about existence of IGN as whole), yet Codex's Rejects Association strikes back with their whining "Thas gaem contains a woman that rejects meee...."
I DON'T GIVE A FUCK about which corpses devs used in attempt to fill their empty world, a twitch nobody or random homeless from the street.
However I do find interesting (or at least mildly entertaining) to talk/read about gameplay, story, graphics and other "nerdy" shit. You know, stuff that you "Knights of Morals" (aka moralfags) tend to ignore while complaining about some bitch on twitch.
On this note, I conclude our discussion. I wanted to say that that you earned a lot of Internet points for your "smart" remark about my grammar, but unfortunately you have to share with your other "buddies", just like you share your twitch "girlfriend" with the rest of fucking world.

Terenty

Liturgist
Can anyone show me where Cyberpunk looks visually impressive, next gen etc? Something that justifies buying a fucking $1k card for?

All i see is plastic dolls instead of people and almost borderlands like colours everywhere
Why do you need a 1k$ card for? Unless you want to run this in 8k.
Someone above said he's trying to buy a 3080 for the game so i'm wondering

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Can anyone show me where Cyberpunk looks visually impressive, next gen etc? Something that justifies buying a fucking $1k card for?

All i see is plastic dolls instead of people and almost borderlands like colours everywhere
Those are 700$ and the next shiny thing. I doubt the card can be maxed out even with all option on, RTX included. Still, some want everything, just in case... then again I bought a 1440p 144mh monitor for this game so I may be biased.

Sobchak

Scholar
Patron

People are sheeps, they will listen to every PR bullshit without making any research or even try to understand at least some of the technical aspects. They will still buy a new card while it's not needed, they will still buy the new ps5 for no reason and the list goes on. There's no point buying *specifically* 3080 for anything right now and it's obvious why nvidia made a deal with Cyberpunk.

Gerrard

Arcane
Have you got any idea what sort of ungodly compression and / or asset downscaling / downgrading this must have taken, to fit a game allegedly that HUGE and with so much dialogue and NPC voice into 70 gigs?

Friendly reminder than Pillars 2 is 50 gigs.
Or maybe the game is much smaller than people expect.

Also friendly reminder that Elder Scrolls Online is 75GB, and all of quest dialogue is voiced in that game. 8GB of voices.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Sorry "mate", I can talk shit about you and others pathetic whimps, who can't handle a rejection from a woman, in any language I want. Welcome to RPG Codex.
Besides I think you (and other butthurts who seems in agreement with you) understand me perfectly fine, you are just rejecting meaning of my message.

I mean, holy shit, I forgot that this ex-IGN urinalist exist (just as I trying to forget about existence of IGN as whole), yet Codex's Rejects Association strikes back with their whining "Thas gaem contains a woman that rejects meee...."
I DON'T GIVE A FUCK about which corpses devs used in attempt to fill their empty world, a twitch nobody or random homeless from the street.
However I do find interesting (or at least mildly entertaining) to talk/read about gameplay, story, graphics and other "nerdy" shit. You know, stuff that you "Knights of Morals" (aka moralfags) tend to ignore while complaining about some bitch on twitch.
On this note, I conclude our discussion. I wanted to say that that you earned a lot of Internet points for your "smart" remark about my grammar, but unfortunately you have to share with your other "buddies", just like you share your twitch "girlfriend" with the rest of fucking world.

Not to knock anybody's kinks, but honestly being rejected by a urinalist sounds preferable compared to the alternative.

Paul_cz

Arcane
The scale of the world and its density and diversity looks extremely impressive to me. And I love that it is first person. Just walking around sighseeing will be enjoyable. Given CDP's previous work, especially on TW2, TW3 and Thronebreaker gives me pretty much certainty that quest design and writing will be among the, if not the, best as well. What remains to be seen is how good the combat will be, but...it's combat. Fucking busywork. Don't particularly care...gonna no doubt play stealthily when possible.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron

Those are 700$ and the next shiny thing. I doubt the card can be maxed out even with all option on, RTX included. Still, some want everything, just in case... then again I bought a 1440p 144mh monitor for this game so I may be biased.
Wasn't it already confirmed pages ago that they had to use DLSS to get playable framerates with ray tracing on at like 1080p on a 2080ti?

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
The video combat gameplay so far is remain unimpressive, but at least The Night City itself will be interesting to explore and the only thing i will be willing to consider to buy this game.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Wasn't it already confirmed pages ago that they had to use DLSS to get playable framerates with ray tracing on at like 1080p on a 2080ti?

Ray tracing without DLSS is a total no-go even on their best cards. Even in fucking Fortnite, I just watched some benchmarks where ray tracing on takes the game from 144+ down to like 30fps on a 2080ti. However with DLSS, if you like the processed look of it as many do, it can roughly equalize the loss. In Control for example, max settings no ray tracing I get 60ish fps. Max settings with ray tracing and DLSS, I get 60ish fps. It evens out. However you're still sacrificing frames if you have a high refresh monitor, because DLSS without ray tracing gets you 100+ frames.

So DLSS or not, it all comes down to whether you want ray tracing or higher fps. Screen space reflections never bothered me, so I'll take the frames (and native res if I can).

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Ray tracing is playable at 1080p without DLSS on a 3080 which is the point I really wanted to make. The 3080 isn't overkill for anyone except people playing at 1080p 60fps without rtx. Even the 3090 isn't going to be overkill if you're playing at 4k. It does kind of suck for those of us that want super high fps 1080p that even the best cpu you can buy is a bottleneck for the 3080 at 1080p though. Here's to hoping Zen 3 is amazing.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Have you got any idea what sort of ungodly compression and / or asset downscaling / downgrading this must have taken, to fit a game allegedly that HUGE and with so much dialogue and NPC voice into 70 gigs?

To be fair the graphics are pretty standard.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
That's optimization done right, that, or the game has been dumbed down graphically, maybe both..

At least this gives room to boost the game with xtra shit like reshade n stuff for ULTRAAXXXXXXXXXXXXX grafix

Remember how well optimized GTA 5 was? yeah.. thats the good shit

it kind of has to be, if they dont wanna face a shitstorm in a GTA style open world game.

it has to run buttersmooth on all toaster machines, especially angry incel rigs with poor hardware.. reee
I'd love to read more details on how they optimized this.

Gargaune

Magister

Deadfire isn't a very good frame of reference, since it's a very different technical implementation. What meaningful comparison can you draw between a fully 3D environment and a sandwich of collosal 2D maps? You've gotta look at roughly similar kinds of games - GTA 5's 72 GB or DX4's 55GB come to mind, maybe Doom Eternal at 50, or you can look at the older Fallout 4 at 30 and The Witcher 3 at 35. Even then, it's guesswork on where the bulk goes between texture assets and audio.

Anyway, raytracing aside, I don't think anyone expects CBP 2077 to be some sort of huge generational leap in graphics, it was designed to work on the outgoing console generation too, after all.

JDR13

Arcane

Ray tracing without DLSS is a total no-go even on their best cards. Even in fucking Fortnite, I just watched some benchmarks where ray tracing on takes the game from 144+ down to like 30fps on a 2080ti. However with DLSS, if you like the processed look of it as many do, it can roughly equalize the loss. In Control for example, max settings no ray tracing I get 60ish fps. Max settings with ray tracing and DLSS, I get 60ish fps. It evens out. However you're still sacrificing frames if you have a high refresh monitor, because DLSS without ray tracing gets you 100+ frames.

So DLSS or not, it all comes down to whether you want ray tracing or higher fps. Screen space reflections never bothered me, so I'll take the frames (and native res if I can).

This is why I skipped the 20xx series. I could tell early on that ray tracing was almost a gimick on those cards. The 30xx series is supposedly twice as fast when it comes to rendering ray-traced scenes.

Well I was in one of their private gatherings during their European tour to present the game to the fans. I will start with the shitty/funny things first:

- They were presenting the PC version using a gamepad and I can't comprehend why.
- The graphics are good but not as impressive as people think, it all comes down to the art and yeah there are some impressive locations.
- Idk if it was done on purpose but when they were creating the character we saw something about of 2-3 secs of the character skill screen. The tree wasn't impressive.
- Physics were impressive and hardware demanding, especially during gun play, glasses everywhere, debris flying all over the place, etc., so expect your GPU to die here if you want all that fancy shit.
- They were emphasizing mostly on the choice & consequence (yeap, quite important shit for a CRPG) but things that you plebs already know regarding on how you start the game.
- Most of the presentation was about executing a quest with numerous ways/styles. So they tried it by going full aggressive via gun play, hacking and also dialog.
- The city looks impressive and has lots of verticality but if it's like "here's an open world to explore like Witcher 3" it will suck big time because guess what, Witcher 3 was not an open world game.
- Best thing imo was the atmosphere, yes the city feels alive. Details like, even when you walk, how you push people to get ahead, people talking at alleys, music poppin' from cars/stores, that kind of stuff.
- Music was really nice.
- Finally the most important thing, play a female.
Would you say from the Graphics you saw that it's a definite downgrade compared to the 2018 demo? That's something I've been thinking about. The shill excuse is "Well they used a lot of AA on the game that made the textures look blurry" which... isn't as reassuring an excuse as they'd like to think.

Danikas

Arcane
Would you say from the Graphics you saw that it's a definite downgrade compared to the 2018 demo? That's something I've been thinking about. The shill excuse is "Well they used a lot of AA on the game that made the textures look blurry" which... isn't as reassuring an excuse as they'd like to think.
2018 demo wasnt that great looking besides the npc density. Look for the downgrade yourself.

2018 gameplay vs 2020 gameplay.
EiOWCotWsAEw2M9

EiOWHLAWoAMP3kn

mcdje53epxn51.png

gtwcir84yxn51.jpg

Paul_cz

Arcane
- The city looks impressive and has lots of verticality but if it's like "here's an open world to explore like Witcher 3" it will suck big time because guess what, Witcher 3 was not an open world game.

It was. Just because a game is split into multiple maps does not mean it is not open world.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom