Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shitposter
but who wouldn't want to turn into john wick? is my question
You only ever turn into John Wick when something interesting happens.
So its like imagine your life when something good finally happens to you

"Wow I can't believe that girl agreed to go out on a date with me"
"Sorry bud I got this one" - Keanu
"GOD DAMN IT! GET OUT OF MY HEAD KEANU!"

I do approve of how they handled this. Its very Johnny Mnemonic and its obvious they intended it as a nod to it.

I'd imagine he'd handle a date better than most men
so basically he's like the ultimate wingman
sounds like a good deal to me

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
I personally haven't seen the John Wick movies, so... are they worth watching?
The first one is worth checking out at least.
Not going to blow your mind in terms of story or characters or whatever, but the action is fine imo. Highly choreographed but looks much more competent than the usual hollywood fare.

Zer0wing

Cipher
spoilers
Johnny will take over your body while you're having sex, happens when you're with Judy
"Wow I can't believe that girl agreed to go out on a date with me"
"Sorry bud I got this one" - Keanu
"GOD DAMN IT! GET OUT OF MY HEAD KEANU!"
300px-Modern_Problems_Require_Modern_Solutions.jpg

Create a female character so Silverhand gets pegged right in the ass

Semiurge

Cipher
I like this design though, reminds me of Gunther Hermann, even if you can barely see him through all the post-processing effects they have slapped on here.

duppAJw.png

Would that qualify as a victim of cyberpsychosis?

Because men and women are different, and men are just better at creativity as a rule.

Which is not to say there cannot be exceptions (and gaming being such a low art it is more tolerant of mediocrity in general), but an all female dev team would mean only one thing: that they had to throw away competent male devs to make room for talentless vaginas.

With that said, modern dev companies are large enough to just hire a bunch of wombyn for redundant positions specifically to make nice pictures like that.

Gaming is such a low art that it's merely interactive entertainment without the art.

They do the same job as men and just as good. There is no difference in outcome for women and men. We are expected to do the job, we have our tasks and we do them.

The common excuses heard when men perform worse than women are as follows:

• The job fails to challenge them, so they are bored and underperform
  • Real men wilt in cubicles
  • The women are favored over men which makes the men look bad
:hmmm:

I also work with a lot of women, and can confirm this. However, what I do is finance related, so there can't be any difference between the result of their work. 2+2 = 4 afterall, both for men and women. BUT, when it comes to writing and design, it is not hard science, so one's personality, ideology and ideas can and will have an effect on that. In these cases, there can be a difference between the work of a men and a women.

Yeah, women on average have more liberal political views, and creative personalities tend to be even more liberal than the average person. Game development draws creative types. See what I'm getting at? Gender is a factor, but one of many.

Therefore there is absolutely no doubt that you will fight him again as a player near the endgame; with Johnny egging you on inside your stupid brain.

"Cast YRDEN!!! YRDEN!!!"

Are you saying that in a sick Cyberpunk world a character like this wouldn't exist? There is nothing wrong with this being in the game.

Transmetropolitan had people who had themselves turned into "foglets" - sentient beings made of vapor, were-animals (furries), a skinheaded chinese hacker-chick who eats dogmeat, certified restaurants that sell "long pig"...

I could go on but you'll get the idea. CD Project's Cyberpunk 2077 will be spot on with world building.

An Internet reactionary's vision of cyberpunk is basically Roy Batty-esque Aryan ubermenschen fighting it out on neon-slicked rooftops while uttering profound existential monologues, ignoring (and implicitly disapproving of) the degeneracy that must be rampant in the streets below.

So essentially the rightmost one:

dPn2BVw.jpg

Also
1566442421473.jpg

:popcorn:

Most people find faggotry instinctively repulsive just as they find faeces disgusting,

Nah, it's because homosexuality is uncommon. Humans abhor the uncommon.

Last edited:
Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Most people find faggotry instinctively repulsive just as they find faeces disgusting,
Nah, it's because homosexuality is uncommon. Humans abhor the uncommon.
By that logic model tier beautiful people would be found repulsive too since most people are ugly as shit. On the face of it your reasoning is retarded. I'm not here to talk about faggots but if I can tip over more sacred cows while I'm raping Cyberpunk and the hype circlejerk I will.
Such is the way of the zapadnik.
I missed this. What the fuck would Mao say about your western faggotry? He was dangerously based during the cultural revolution. Unless you... Haha, the hidden hand my brudda? Let's make Lenin and Mao spin in their mausoleums, I'm game.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
From what CDPR have been hinting, including in the last NCW episode, the player will have the main story branch according to his decisions whether to support Johnny at certain junctions, the implication being that there will be multiple junctions. Given CDPR's history with C&C and story branching, as well as their statement that they wanted to make CP2077 shorter but with more impactful C&C than Witcher 3, I suppose we can view these hints with optimism.

But what do I know, that's just the game developers, and not some truly reputable source like 4chan.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If this is real, taking Saburo's deal is the first thing I'll do as a corpo.

Just rewatch the relevant part of the Night City Wire episode, I think it's the interview with the "director" or narrative chief, I forgot his formal position.

BTW people, I'm reading up on Cyberpunk's alt-history and it's a real downer. It sets the world in certain stages which are plausible - like the US overstretching and suffering a downfall as a result of losing control of the western edge of Eurasia, or like Western Europe finding a way to "balance" between the US and Russia. But the ways the world arrives at this configuration is an obvious weed-fueled rambling of someone with huge gaps in his history and economics knoweldge. Pretty infantile assumptions.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I suppose we can view these hints with optimism.
But what do I know, that's just the game developers, and not some truly reputable source like 4chan.

They said already that TW2 branching was mistake and they would not do it again if they could.
You will never be inside a woman!

Wait, I'm hivemind now?!

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I have no idea why some people are talking like the purposefully shitty, dystopian future of Cyberpunk 2077 is a promotion of degeneracy when the creator of Cyberpunk himself said "Cyberpunk was a warning, not an aspiration".

I hope this also translates into the game itself.

Aspiration for degeneracy is already aplenty provided for from this shit industry.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
silverhand taking over your body is such a cliche story. i hope there is more to it than that because the first thing i thought of when they showed keanu as a digital ghost living in your head was "the ending is going to be either destroy silverhand, let him take over your body or merge with him into a new being". basically a ghost in the shell ripoff.

AwesomeButton

Patron
But the ways the world arrives at this configuration is an obvious weed-fueled rambling of someone with huge gaps in his history and economics knoweldge. Pretty infantile assumptions.
You expected something better from a negro?
Regardless of whether negro, chink or white, I wish fantasy authors would collaborate more and would also dig into some real history and sciences more. Ideally a good fantasy setting should pass the scrutiny of other authors or scientists. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the best sci-fi authors themselves have some scientific studies background?

They said already that TW2 branching was mistake and they would not do it again if they could.
No one anywhere is saying they are doing the same thing as in Witcher 2. They may have decided on some middle ground decision. We'll find out, it's a matter of time.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Regardless of whether negro, chink or white, I wish fantasy authors would collaborate more and would also dig into some real history and sciences more. Ideally a good fantasy setting should pass the scrutiny of other authors or scientists.
You missed a chance to quote Sawyer, who's white, but extremely bland.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the best sci-fi authors themselves have some scientific studies background?
Often, but not always. E.G., Gibson studied English literature and PKD mostly studied philosophy and history, Heinlein had mostly military background.

Harthwain

Magister
I hope this also translates into the game itself.

Aspiration for degeneracy is already aplenty provided for from this shit industry.
Considering we're talking about CDPR, which was responsible for The Witcher series, I'd say there is some room for optimism. Especially if they keep Mike Pondsmith in the loop. But ultimately we'll have to wait and see for ourselves when the game finally comes out.

AwesomeButton

Patron
You missed a chance to quote Sawyer, who's white, but extremely bland.
I think Sawyer is good at identifying what to grab and adapt from real history, but is uniquely bad at imagining how it would look after being adapted, hence most of his adaptations are boring or are lost in the minutae of the actual game's flow. Maybe his borrowings would have been made better if he was working on higher budget games, but we'll never know, and also - everything looks more plausible in a triple-A game than it does in an isometric RPG where the production process has been cutting corners left and right.

Sobchak

Scholar
Patron
What constitutes an artistic genre is socially defined. There are no factually right or wrong answers, only those which are legitimated through popular acknowledgement and those which are not.

You're just rambling at this point and you state the obvious which cannot be applied with our current topic.

You're really struggling to mix intellectualism and culture to the C2077 pot which is full of "anti-art" elements (such as marketing, PR, etc.) and you expect that things at the end will taste great. This is not a painting, and I'm not implying games cannot be, but you're defending a multi-million dollar production by creating baseless analogies while you can just simply admit that you like what you see instead of trying to twist things around.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom