Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

CD Projekt's CYBERPUNK 2077 - coming November 19th

Discussion in 'CD Projekt Red' started by Azazel, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Trans-Financial-Man Savant

Trans-Financial-Man
    Would you say from the Graphics you saw that it's a definite downgrade compared to the 2018 demo? That's something I've been thinking about. The shill excuse is "Well they used a lot of AA on the game that made the textures look blurry" which... isn't as reassuring an excuse as they'd like to think.

^ Top  
  2. Danikas Arcane

Danikas
    2018 demo wasnt that great looking besides the npc density. Look for the downgrade yourself.

2018 gameplay vs 2020 gameplay.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• incline incline x 3
    • decline decline x 3
    • Balanced Balanced x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Paul_cz Arcane

Paul_cz
    It was. Just because a game is split into multiple maps does not mean it is not open world.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Hardware Unboxed just put out a detailed ray tracing benchmark that shows the 3080 is hit just as hard by ray tracing percentage wise, it just has more power to barrel through it better. You're still facing the choice of dramatically higher frames or ray tracing, even on the 3080.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Generic-Giant-Spider Arcane

Generic-Giant-Spider
    If there's one thing Haitian blacks are known for it's their amazing hacking capabilities.

Really good money was spent on those sensitivity consultants.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • nice nice x 1
    • PIRACY IS WRONG PIRACY IS WRONG x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. GhostCow ワイフハンター Patron

GhostCow
    Remember that baseline performance of Ampere is much higher than the prior generation. You actually need more RT performance to sustain a 50% drop in framerates measured against that higher baseline. Had RT performance stayed the same, the performance penalty would have been much greater than in Turing. If the RTX ON perf increases 1.7x, that’s good, but if raster perf also increases 1.7x, the difference remains the same. It’s basic arithmetic.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Prime Junta Self-Ejected Patron Vatnik

Self-Ejected
    Voodoo and cyberspace go together like peanut butter and jelly. It's a core Cyberpunk trope, ever since Neuromancer, if not before.

Fucking zoomers, try reading something longer than 280 characters once, you might like it

• retadred retadred x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Naraya Cipher

Naraya
    I'd be more interested in knowing what exactly were these "private gatherings during their European tour to present the game to the fans". At least I haven't heard of them and it sounds weird. I don't say he's lying but I mean we ARE on an internet forum after all...

• retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Generic-Giant-Spider Arcane

Generic-Giant-Spider
    [​IMG]

MEET THE FUTURE OF HACKING.

#VOODOOBOYZ

• Funny Funny x 10
    ^ Top  
  10. Prime Junta Self-Ejected Patron Vatnik

Self-Ejected

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Generic-Giant-Spider Arcane

Generic-Giant-Spider
    this nigga really went through his kindle to defend a virtual gang of ppl that eat living frogs irl lmao

• Funny Funny x 9
    • rolleyes rolleyes x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Better not offend the criminal gangs. Hilarious and sad at the same time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  13. Sobchak Educated Patron

Sobchak
    But you are.

So, don't waste our time with this kind of stupid shit, check their history on twitter and their rest of social media. They were literally announcing their meetings on every city that they went to and you were sending an email for an invite.

^ Top  
  14. Häyhä Educated

Häyhä

This is how I always imagined America and Cyberpunk police. Looks like they're trained to hold the suspect with the knee, imagine that. Better to burn down half of the US cities though!

Also this for the OGs.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    ^ Top  
  15. Sobchak Educated Patron

Sobchak
    Great argument but I'm not implying the multiple maps. The game is bland as fuck if you start roaming. There's no interaction with the actual world at all. You probably wanted to say that you enjoy riding while you were going to quests.

Translation for all of the above: Witcher 3 is not an open world game, it's quite the opposite inside a 3D world.

Edit: I fucking enjoyed Witcher 3 btw, but I can understand also its flaws, it's a great production but not a great CRPG.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    • retadred retadred x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Naraya Cipher

Naraya
    I am... what? We all know how many lies and misinterpretations about this game circulates the internet so I'm not sure why you are so upset. Is not believing everything seen on internet "stupid shit" nowadays?

Anyway, your answer is quite enough for me. TIL.

• Okily Dokily! Okily Dokily! x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Sobchak Educated Patron

Sobchak
    Tbh you couldn't tell the difference on a cinema screen. Some locations look different but from what I can understand (and I mentioned already), it will all come down to art style and some inclusion/exclusion of effects. Let's not forget what they did to Witcher 3 (and they didn't admit it).

Game looks pretty in any case but one thing is certain, it didn't look revolutionary in terms of graphics. I just want a good pure CRPG and all the bad stuff from Witcher 3 to be eliminated, like open world desing suitable for Tron fans, bad combat (ok it's first person now so we will soon check their skills on gun design), hard difficulty for autists, usable non-set items, etc. etc....

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. cpmartins Cipher

cpmartins
    If they want to make the game "equally" difficult on PC and on Consoles, they'll need to compartmentalize it heavily. There is no chance in hell someone of average ability using a controller is gonna match even a monkey with a mouse. If and how they go about doing that will be interesting to see.

• No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Sailor Woedica Cipher The Real Fangirl

Sailor Woedica
    [​IMG]
    There are space buns in the game!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    • incline x 4
    • Excited! x 4
    • Shit x 3
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • nice x 1
    • Old x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Paul_cz Arcane

Paul_cz
    Whether it is bland as fuck is a matter of opinion. I loved exploring the world in the Witcher 3. It is open world regardless of your personal (and retarded) definition of the term.

• retadred retadred x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. Häyhä Educated

Häyhä

All the bitches in the game should have this much hair. No more, no less.

Otherwise, it's not cyberpunk.

• Funny x 4
    • Brofist x 3
    • Prestigious x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Sreggin Etah I Learned

Sreggin Etah I
    Actually, i think the graphics still looks too good for a PS4/ONE gen game, i expect more downgrade.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    Still haven't seen a single woman with cat ears, impossible to maintain suspension of disbelief.

• Despair Despair x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • (autism) (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    I understand that, that's what I meant by "it barrels through it." Point is, you're still looking at halving your framerate on a 144hz monitor. I don't see a point in time ever occurring where I do that for one effect.

^ Top  
  25. GhostCow ワイフハンター Patron

GhostCow
    Ray tracing is a much bigger deal than just "one effect". It effects shadows, lighting, and reflections and that's just a general way of putting it. The effects are much more complicated and wide reaching than that. Ray tracing is going to revolutionize the industry eventually just like hardware T&L did back in the early 2000s. It's totally worth it imo but you do you.

• Agree x 6
    • FAKE NEWS x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • No x 1
    • Creative x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.