Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Gerrard

Arcane
Moxes is literally Twitch whores: the gang

Keppo

Arbiter
I fear this game will have shit tier writing bordering on cringe level. People will be shocked that CDPR could write such drivel but it looks like most of the writing team of the Witcher series have left.

i wouldn't worry that much about it, the core of the story/narrative team for Cyberpunk is mostly the same like it was with Witcher 3, the story/quests directors are still Marcin Blacha, Jakub Szamałek, Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz and Paweł Sasko, the question is how they will handle that aesthetic, i think they would do much better in more down to earth Blade Runnerish mood and setting. Also we know little about the story... From what i remember we knew much more about Witcher 3 overall narrative two months before release than we know about Cyberpunk story, we didnt even get single story trailer this time. In terms of writing i like where they are going with the dialogue system, and i kinda like that they shorten the mainstory line hopefully for more C&C stuff.. .. They said they will be exploring serious themes in this game. The marketing for this game is designed by marketing/pr to maximize sales not by creatives so hopefully the storyline will have less "quirkness" than marketing videos push
I also wouldn't worry that much how secondary character looks, since the more important characters that will drive the narrative mostly looks good.
BTW: At least we don't have graphical downgrade this time, honestly these two last videos "Gangs of Night City" and "postcards from night city" looks upgraded visually even from 2018, it looks like the lighting and art direction improved. In 2019 the game looked visually the worst.

Do you guys going Corporate, Street Kid or Nomad? Street Kid seems the most generic choice. It seems like Corporate > Nomad > Street Kid. Since the Corporate path should be the most down to earth and interesting, Nomad seems also more interesting than street kid.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Pages of discussions about whether black people can be hackers or musicians. Great thread.

It's because we know they can't be (no racist)

Need I remind you that Johnny Mnemonic had a heavily augmented dolphin be a premiere hacker? Take even more cyberware, and negroes could hack too.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Hafnar the Jester

Self-Ejected
MegaDrive belongs in Cyberpunk :cool:

Funnily enough, new retro wave and dungeon synth are THE videogame genres that somehow hardly never appear in games. I guess it's because fucking normies wouldn't like it. The no.1 reason why we can't have nice things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Semiurge

Cipher
We can be hackers, but we have to use bass guitars as our interface rather than keyboards.

hDq6KvjOrAaPiM2D79_ptyS5L4mBwI4-7FBQAXFwRhA.jpg

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Do you guys going Corporate, Street Kid or Nomad? Street Kid seems the most generic choice. It seems like Corporate > Nomad > Street Kid. Since the Corporate path should be the most down to earth and interesting, Nomad seems also more interesting than street kid.
I am overthinking this far to much already.
Can't see the Nomads being hackers, so Ima reserve that for the shooty run, Streetkidzzz for a sneaky rouge and Corp for a hacker.
I always start with a sneaky type, being afraid to miss dialog if I go in guns blazing.
Since I assume that the Corp bitch probably likes guys, I guess I will start with Rance Lance the Corp diplohacker, impressing her with his hyperweapon along the way. :obviously:

Who am I kidding, I have exreme altritis. I will play all three origins, then play 1 hour with one char, repeat the same hour with two others to see how different it is, eventually getting burned out and dropping the game for a year, never finishing it.
It's gonna be Dragon Age Origins all over again.
:negative:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.thegamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-pre-order-volume-underwhelming/

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Order Volume Is "Underwhelming," According To New Report

According to new data from M Science, Cyberpunk 2077 pre-orders are currently "underwhelming" but should pick up as it inches closer to its November 19 release.

M Science is an analytics firm that specializes in generating real-time data, giving users an inside glimpse at many of the biggest companies in the world. One of its recent video game reports delved deep into the numbers behind several of today's most popular titles – including Tony Hawk, Super Mario 3D All-Stars, and Rainbow Six Siege – but one of the most curious insights relates to CD Projekt Red and its upcoming Cyberpunk 2077.

The new data is "based on cumulative digital pre-sales on Xbox and PlayStation, domestically." It paints of picture that might be a bit concerning for the new title, as its pre-sales appear "31% below where Red Dead Redemption 2 was on a comparable-days basis, 68 days prior to launch." Of course, Red Dead Redemption 2 had one of the biggest releases in gaming history – so that's a lofty comparison – but Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the most anticipated games of the year. And, coming from the studio that crafted the brilliant Witcher series, hopes are high that this is another homerun.

The report goes on to state that we should expect pre-sales to pick up as CD Projekt Red kicks marketing into gear and starts promoting the title in anticipation of its release. There's a bit of a catch to all the data, however, as it doesn't capture pre-orders that occurred beyond 12 months ago – so take these numbers with a grain of salt.

Cyberpunk 2077 pre-orders also trail "Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War by 67% and Call of Duty Modern Warfare by 14%, based on similar comparable-days basis as of 68 days prior to release."

While the early numbers might be underwhelming, we still have a ways to go before Cyberpunk 2077 hits shelves. A powerful marketing campaign can do much to boost sales, and we're also missing the numbers for PC pre-orders. There's been a fair share of controversy surrounding the game, though, and we're curious to see how this all shakes out when it releases on November 19.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robber Baron

Savant
There's a theory on 4chan that all what's been happening with CDPR lately is an ongoing campaign preparing for a hostile takeover in the future.

Gargaune

Magister
I'm nearly certain I'll pick it up on release, but why would I bother with "reserving a copy" of a digital download? It's not like they're gonna run out.

That's why YOU are not pre-ordering but the mainstream doesn't give a shit about that
The mainstream doesn't give a shit about bugs either, it's not part of their thought process. If it's buggy on release they'll whine about it, swear never to preorder anything again, then hop on Amazon and immediately preorder clean air in a bottle.

If preorders are "underwhelming" relative to internal projections, either their forecasts were overambitious relative to their target demographic, or maybe they're struggling to generate buzz what with the upcoming US elections competing for attention. Either way, it's unlikely to be the market reacting to rumours of "last minute crunch" or some shit. Anyone who's familiar enough with the industry to even learn about it already knows it's not exactly uncommon to go firing on all cylinders right before a major release.

Sobchak

Scholar
Patron
Can anyone explain to me preordering in 2020 ?

In all seriousness:

1. Autism (people cannot comprehend it's bad but they're still doing it).
2. Scalping (that's where my last pre-order that was done ~2 years ago will go at least, which leads to no 1 again).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom