Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It's amusing you present these two as polar opposites when Witcher 3 and AC: Odyssey are basically the same game.

You're retarded if you honestly think the storytelling is the same.

Oh shit I thought they were videogames, am I on the wrong forum?

Naraya

Arcane
Yeah, my weenie is underwhelming. The closer to release date, the more shitty articles are going to be generated. The reality is - hype machine did not yet even start but everyone wants piece of the cake.
I despise 'journalism' of today.

Last edited:

RepHope

Savant
That article is retarded. It claims it’s “underwhelming” because apparently CP2077 doesn’t have as many preorders as RDR2, but it cites itself as the source for numbers and it doesn’t include preorder numbers from Steam, GOG, or preorders older than 12 months. It’s just a retarded bait article for that one autist on /v/ to spam for months before he switches to claiming CDPR bought reviews or some shit. And CDPR themselves said they’re happy with CP2077 preorders and that they’re higher than W3’s were: https://gamingbolt.com/cyberpunk-2077-cdpr-happy-with-pre-order-numbers-expects-phenomenal-sales/amp

It’s been fucking amazing watching the Internet as we approach launch for this game. Everyone is constantly sperging out over it. /v/ is screaming about trannies and how it’s definitely flopping bros! REEEEEEsetera is sperging out over how it’s “transphobic” or what the fuck ever. Reddit is torn between pretending to care about crunch and openly shilling for CDPR. Twitter is where all the Biodrones are seething over CDPR being “racist” because you can kill black people. Codex is just butthurt that it exists at all :argh:

It’s such a beautiful pot of autism. There’s something for everyone to hate! And it’s still going to be the biggest release of the year assuming it reviews well, because normies don’t give a fuck about any of that shit. How does CDPR do it?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Are you running out of money each month?

If things are really that tight you shouldn't be buying games, especially not at release.

I have a weekly budget, like all responsible humans. Could I buy them a year in advance if I wanted? Sure. Why would I want to? Don't be an idiot.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Imagine using the retard tag on someone because they budget their finances so they can save for retirement and have a savings account for emergencies and home renovations. Imagine being that person.

Kitchen Utensil

Imagine using the retard tag on someone because they budget their finances so they can save for retirement and have a savings account for emergencies and home renovations. Imagine being that person.

You're not retarded because you're budgeting/saving, you're retarded because you're preordering.
Imagine buying a game before release in 2020.

duke nukem

Augur
https://www.thegamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-pre-order-volume-underwhelming/

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Order Volume Is "Underwhelming," According To New Report

According to new data from M Science, Cyberpunk 2077 pre-orders are currently "underwhelming" but should pick up as it inches closer to its November 19 release.

M Science is an analytics firm that specializes in generating real-time data, giving users an inside glimpse at many of the biggest companies in the world. One of its recent video game reports delved deep into the numbers behind several of today's most popular titles – including Tony Hawk, Super Mario 3D All-Stars, and Rainbow Six Siege – but one of the most curious insights relates to CD Projekt Red and its upcoming Cyberpunk 2077.

The new data is "based on cumulative digital pre-sales on Xbox and PlayStation, domestically." It paints of picture that might be a bit concerning for the new title, as its pre-sales appear "31% below where Red Dead Redemption 2 was on a comparable-days basis, 68 days prior to launch." Of course, Red Dead Redemption 2 had one of the biggest releases in gaming history – so that's a lofty comparison – but Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the most anticipated games of the year. And, coming from the studio that crafted the brilliant Witcher series, hopes are high that this is another homerun.

The report goes on to state that we should expect pre-sales to pick up as CD Projekt Red kicks marketing into gear and starts promoting the title in anticipation of its release. There's a bit of a catch to all the data, however, as it doesn't capture pre-orders that occurred beyond 12 months ago – so take these numbers with a grain of salt.

Cyberpunk 2077 pre-orders also trail "Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War by 67% and Call of Duty Modern Warfare by 14%, based on similar comparable-days basis as of 68 days prior to release."

While the early numbers might be underwhelming, we still have a ways to go before Cyberpunk 2077 hits shelves. A powerful marketing campaign can do much to boost sales, and we're also missing the numbers for PC pre-orders. There's been a fair share of controversy surrounding the game, though, and we're curious to see how this all shakes out when it releases on November 19.
Cant beat CoD that has annual release. So patethic.:lol:
GET WOKE, GO BROKE!:dance: When these retarded companies learn not to bend their knees to the sjw`s. Im going to enjoy watching this train wreck to crash and burn the entire company down.:cool:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
You're not retarded because you're budgeting/saving, you're retarded because you're preordering.
Imagine buying a game before release in 2020.

Did you even read my post? I pre-order right before the game comes out so I can pre-load it and have it ready on my system. There's an actual reason to do so. Fuck me, you fucking edgelords man.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Fuck, you're beyond retarded.

My responses were to Riddler telling me I'm broke because I'm on a budget, which was beyond retarded. If you're twisting that into a point about never buying a game at release then woohoo for you. Yes I'm playing Cyberpunk day one no matter what. Yes I trust CDPR and love the setting enough to do so. Half the people in this thread if not more will do the same. Sorry edgelords of the world.

Danikas

Arcane
https://www.thegamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-pre-order-volume-underwhelming/

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Order Volume Is "Underwhelming," According To New Report

According to new data from M Science, Cyberpunk 2077 pre-orders are currently "underwhelming" but should pick up as it inches closer to its November 19 release.

M Science is an analytics firm that specializes in generating real-time data, giving users an inside glimpse at many of the biggest companies in the world. One of its recent video game reports delved deep into the numbers behind several of today's most popular titles – including Tony Hawk, Super Mario 3D All-Stars, and Rainbow Six Siege – but one of the most curious insights relates to CD Projekt Red and its upcoming Cyberpunk 2077.

The new data is "based on cumulative digital pre-sales on Xbox and PlayStation, domestically." It paints of picture that might be a bit concerning for the new title, as its pre-sales appear "31% below where Red Dead Redemption 2 was on a comparable-days basis, 68 days prior to launch." Of course, Red Dead Redemption 2 had one of the biggest releases in gaming history – so that's a lofty comparison – but Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the most anticipated games of the year. And, coming from the studio that crafted the brilliant Witcher series, hopes are high that this is another homerun.

The report goes on to state that we should expect pre-sales to pick up as CD Projekt Red kicks marketing into gear and starts promoting the title in anticipation of its release. There's a bit of a catch to all the data, however, as it doesn't capture pre-orders that occurred beyond 12 months ago – so take these numbers with a grain of salt.

Cyberpunk 2077 pre-orders also trail "Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War by 67% and Call of Duty Modern Warfare by 14%, based on similar comparable-days basis as of 68 days prior to release."

While the early numbers might be underwhelming, we still have a ways to go before Cyberpunk 2077 hits shelves. A powerful marketing campaign can do much to boost sales, and we're also missing the numbers for PC pre-orders. There's been a fair share of controversy surrounding the game, though, and we're curious to see how this all shakes out when it releases on November 19.
Cant beat CoD that has annual release. So patethic.:lol:
GET WOKE, GO BROKE!:dance: When these retarded companies learn not to bend their knees to the sjw`s. Im going to enjoy watching this train wreck to crash and burn the entire company down.:cool:
Cope ;)

https://store.steampowered.com/search/?os=win&filter=globaltopsellers

https://www.gog.com/games?sort=popularity&page=1&as=1649904300

Last edited by a moderator:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fuck, you're beyond retarded.

My responses were to Riddler telling me I'm broke because I'm on a budget, which was beyond retarded. If you're twisting that into a point about never buying a game at release then woohoo for you. Yes I'm playing Cyberpunk day one no matter what. Yes I trust CDPR and love the setting enough to do so. Half the people in this thread if not more will do the same. Sorry edgelords of the world.

quick someone post the RPG CODEX Steam Group Fallout 4 pic

Pegultagol

Erudite
RPGs don't tend to move blockbuster level volumes in the beginning, more a steady seller. Witcher 3 sold 33 million by 2017 and reached 50 million this year. With multiplayer and DLCs, and possible tie-ins and perhaps a TV series, the game will be as profitable as Witcher 3

Semiurge

Cipher
What's the point of buying before GOTY edition, bundled with all DLC ? Preorder or buy at release and you get an unfinished product, wait 1-2 years and get your money's worth.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Great argument but I'm not implying the multiple maps. The game is bland as fuck if you start roaming. There's no interaction with the actual world at all. You probably wanted to say that you enjoy riding while you were going to quests.

Translation for all of the above: Witcher 3 is not an open world game, it's quite the opposite inside a 3D world.

Whether it is bland as fuck is a matter of opinion. I loved exploring the world in the Witcher 3. It is open world regardless of your personal (and retarded) definition of the term.

It is open world, but it feels very "industrial" -- like a single player MMO with a quest compass and meaningless mobs. Compare it to something like Morrowind which is free form and where the very environment tells a story without the game actually being story driven.

Quillon

Arcane
buy at release and you get an unfinished product

its fun playing unfinished products; you see potential for improvements everywhere, your heart fills with hope of all the incoming fixes, the highs are higher and lows are lower but if you get a finished product whatever you see is there to stay, no hope for anything new, its soo final

:troll:

Semiurge

Cipher
buy at release and you get an unfinished product

its fun playing unfinished products; you see potential for improvements everywhere, your heart fills with hope of all the incoming fixes, the highs are higher and lows are lower but if you get a finished product whatever you see is there to stay, no hope for anything new, its soo final

:troll:

Trolling aside, you still have a point. It's like "where do we go from here?" when the game is finished and perfected. There is no life without hope for a better tomorrow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom