Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Gastrick

Cipher
Thanks, I looked it up as well, Call of Duty Black Ops, Yakuza, a version of Spiderman and Assassins Creed.
So they are releasing several big titles at once to be ready for Christmas and Cyberpunk 2077 will under-perform unless it's more appealing than atleast three of those other games.
Call of Duty somehow is still massively popular and Assassins Creed is also up there, so the game will likely be a failure, atleast at first on console. Shilling for one of the listed games would mess up this one.
Depending on how different console players are from PC players will decide whether the game will need to rely on long-term success or not.
Witcher 3 was made out to be the absolute perfect game so Cyberpunk 2077 definitely won't have the same reputation to go off of.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Are you running out of money each month?

If things are really that tight you shouldn't be buying games, especially not at release.

I have a weekly budget, like all responsible humans. Could I buy them a year in advance if I wanted? Sure. Why would I want to? Don't be an idiot.

Like all responsible adults with severe impulse control issues, and very small children.

You're acting like setting a budget so tight you can't deal with a minor infrequent entertainment expense is normal.

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
Can anyone explain to me preordering in 2020 ?
I can think of two reasons why people would want to pre-order:

1) To get some exclusive pre-order content.
2) For a slightly lower price for pre-ordering (assuming they want to purchase the game on the release anyway).

Doktor Best

Arcane
You can always refund so there is no real harm.

As for the lacking preorders: One factor could be the generational jump of consoles. People will want to play the game on the new console so they will wait for that.

Great argument but I'm not implying the multiple maps. The game is bland as fuck if you start roaming. There's no interaction with the actual world at all. You probably wanted to say that you enjoy riding while you were going to quests.

Translation for all of the above: Witcher 3 is not an open world game, it's quite the opposite inside a 3D world.

Whether it is bland as fuck is a matter of opinion. I loved exploring the world in the Witcher 3. It is open world regardless of your personal (and retarded) definition of the term.

It is open world, but it feels very "industrial" -- like a single player MMO with a quest compass and meaningless mobs. Compare it to something like Morrowind which is free form and where the very environment tells a story without the game actually being story driven.

Yeah, there were no meaningless mobs in Morrowind... Especially not ones that appear from nowhere, screech and hit you from above.

Also, how many ancestral tombs have you raided without any story related reason to do so? How is it different from bandit camps in W3? At least those were sometimes linked by a simple quest line.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
How many ancestral tombs have you raided without any story related reason to do so?

That's good. That's how you make a free-form, organic experience. In Witcher 3 there must be a "reason" to do anything. That's why it feels like a job, like a single player MMO.

Like I said, it is open world. But it's not a good open world imo.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Like all responsible adults with severe impulse control issues, and very small children.

You're acting like setting a budget so tight you can't deal with a minor infrequent entertainment expense is normal.

How is "I buy games the payday before they come out" indicating at all that I can't handle "minor infrequent entertainment expenses"? Obviously I can in fact handle them, since I'm buying them. I just organize when I buy them into my $50ish a week video game/movie budget. You're reaching to try and sound like some kind of smart dude but actually sounding like a total idiot. Everyone budgets predicted expenses, or at least should if they're not a retard.

cpmartins

Cipher
The more I see about it the more convinced I am it'll be Witcher 3 with Guns in a City. If that's going to be a bad or a good thing will depend entirely on how many bugs they can squash before release. Hopefully the slav-slavery will pay off.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
[preorders] They're underwhelming because everyone is worried it'll be a buggy piece of shit on launch

No.
It's because everyone are RPG lovers and they don't want to forgive CDPR for breaking their promises of a deep tactical system-heavy RPG, almost on par with Underrail.
yeah.

I pre-order the payday before release date so I can pre-load the game. That's it.

STEAM is Satan.
Release yourself

Danikas

Arcane
http://biznes.pap.pl/pl/news/listin...berpunk-2077--na-konsole-microsoft-xbox-oraz-

Game went gold today.

"In reference to the information provided in the current report No. 5/2020 of June 18, 2020, the Management Board of CD PROJEKT S.A. with headquarters in Warsaw, at ul. Jagiellońska 74 (hereinafter: the Company), hereby informs about the completed certification process of the game "Cyberpunk 2077" on the Microsoft Xbox and Sony Playstation platforms, and thus the acquisition of the "gold" status by the Company's latest game and the commencement of the physical production of discs with the game for these platforms .

In connection with the release date of the game "Cyberpunk 2077" set for November 19, 2020 and the importance of this project for the Company, the above information is provided in the form of a current report."

Naraya

Arcane
http://biznes.pap.pl/pl/news/listin...berpunk-2077--na-konsole-microsoft-xbox-oraz-

Game went gold today.

"In reference to the information provided in the current report No. 5/2020 of June 18, 2020, the Management Board of CD PROJEKT S.A. with headquarters in Warsaw, at ul. Jagiellońska 74 (hereinafter: the Company), hereby informs about the completed certification process of the game "Cyberpunk 2077" on the Microsoft Xbox and Sony Playstation platforms, and thus the acquisition of the "gold" status by the Company's latest game and the commencement of the physical production of discs with the game for these platforms .

In connection with the release date of the game "Cyberpunk 2077" set for November 19, 2020 and the importance of this project for the Company, the above information is provided in the form of a current report."

But, but... it'S A liE! thE GamE dOEsn'T EXIst!

Hellraiser

Arcane
Ok, so now from guessing how many delays is it still going to have we can shift to guessing how long after release will it be before they patch the most critical bugs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom