Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Big Wrangle

It did for a bit at ResetEra until someone rolled a perception check and told everyone it was fake.

Dexter

Arcane
Very surprised they released something already, maybe they're really pushing for that Q4 2019 release.

Looks cool enough, a bit disappointed with the UI (it's too obvious/uninspiring and all over the screen - in pink, would've expected something more like Dead Space) and the Animation system. Also their Lighting and Texture Streaming systems don't seem to be quite done yet.

Looks like the people calling it a GTA V clone were right, outside of the typical city scenes it doesn't look very "Cyberpunk" indeed (and from the video I didn't get much of a feeling of "Open World", it felt more like "drive to the next checkpoint"). Also a bit unfortunate that the biggest part of it was shooting in non-descript dark warehouses, not what I would've shown off or made the biggest slice of the Reveal.

Inb4 the game is banned in Australia due to drugs.

Oh man titties, now I can rest assured knowing that I am a mature gamer playing a mature game and that other people should take my entertainment seriously.
This but unironically, the Gameplay video at least assuaged me that the Poles will not go SJW with this.

Last edited:

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Very surprised they released something yet, maybe they're really pushing for that Q4 2019 release.

Looks cool enough, a bit disappointed with the UI (it's too obvious/uninspiring and all over the screen - in pink, would've expected something more like Dead Space) and the Animation system. Also their Lighting and Texture Streaming systems don't seem to be quite done yet.

Looks like the people calling it a GTA V clone were right, outside of the typical city scenes it doesn't look very "Cyberpunk" indeed (and from the video I didn't get much of a feeling of "Open World", it felt more like "drive to the next checkpoint"). Also a bit unfortunate that the biggest part of it was shooting in non-descript warehouses, not what I would've shown off or made the biggest slice of the Reveal.

Also inb4 the game is banned in Australia due to drugs.

Oh man titties, now I can rest assured knowing that I am a mature gamer playing a mature game and that other people should take my entertainment seriously.
This but unironically, the Gameplay video at least assuaged me that the Poles will not go SJW with this.

They pretty much said the game needs still a lot to get developed the stealth system is not in place and there are a lot of assets missing from the game too they made the main quest palayable that is what was declared and after this demo video cd projekt invited everyone to post their feedback to have a gimpse on the people reaction many things will change is a pre alpha like they said.

So far the posts in the forum were mainly focused in lack of roleplay elements and the underwhelming character creation options.

Also at this people complaining about ugly chicks.. i never seen a female body modeled so well in a videogame look at those ankles and feet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mustawd

Also at this people complaining about ugly chicks.. i never seen a female body modeled so well in a videogame look at those ankles and feet.

What?

“Don’t call her ugly. Look how well defined her ankles and feet are”

Wtf? Who cares of she’s ugly? Comment was on attractiveness not the modeling detail. Although, who gaf tbh. She’s just some dead chick.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

What?

“Don’t call her ugly. Look how well defined her ankles and feet are”

Wtf? Who cares of she’s ugly? Comment was on attractiveness not the modeling detail. Although, who gaf tbh. She’s just some dead chick.

She was a bit skinny for my taste that is for sure... but V seemed to have a well define and nice body. Unless you like silicon bombshell and anime girls... That would be just bad taste. :D

jf8350143

Liturgist
The dialogue options seems lacking, but that's already the case in Witcher 3 so I'm really not that surprised. Otherwise it looks pretty decent.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Actually for the moment quite the opposite... They said is a fully fledged rpg fans says is a shooter.

Abhay

Augur
Is it a habit to speak negatively abut every game?
Criticisms are fine but all the senseless bitching is so disappointing to see here. Some people are just impossible to satisfy or just love to bitch about everything.

The game looks so fucking brilliant. All the silly comparisons with GTA and other games make no sense, since there are bound to be some similarities between any game of this scale and genre that we have experienced in the past, but what is important is what CDPR has to offer in terms of the story, rpg aspects, and the gameplay / content in general.

Definitely going to preorder. Its a pity that the game is getting bashed instead of supporting the developer for making such a fine piece of game.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Actually for the moment quite the opposite... They said is a fully fledged rpg fans says is a shooter.

The way they had shown the game thorugh the gameplay reveal video it's not the properly way of showing a RPG and it's capabilities. It works for having a general vision of what it will be, specially for the general audience. But I think a video of a bunch of minutes deepening in how the missions and the C&C are being handled, and how it works as a RPG is necessary. The things we saw are interesting: Character customisation and stats, a dialogue wheel that doesn't look working as a dialogue wheel (A list of options which may vary, that you can choose pressing a button. it's pretty weird). Scenario elements that only can be interacted with certain character builds...

Mustawd

Is it a habit to speak negatively abut every game?

Yes. And positively.

Talking about any aspect of a game in a truthful/frank way is kinda this place’s thing.

Does that mean fanbois/edgelords don’t exist? No.

But I think the GTA comparisons are quite valid based on the trailer. Haven’t watched the entire gameplay video, so can’t speak to that.

Mebrilla, please stop pretending the CDPR forums are indicative of sane, rational or even truthful ppl.

“Rpg fans” represented by a cdpr sub forum.:roll:

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
If I choose black skin and steal a bike, will npc say "that niggro hath swindled my bicycle?" If my sexuality is customizable, are my cock and balls too? Can I use my cyberdong as a weapon?

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I hope the fuckwads who demand 3rd person camera shut up after watching this footage, it's clearly not feasible with how HUD elements work through your eye cybernetic and how claustrophobic and crowded the environment is. Those streets feel even narrower than the city in Yakuza.

Quillon

Arcane
Hoped for a rpg, got cyber-gta instead.

Re-calibrating expectations.

Only thing's similar to GTA is it being an modern(ish) open world city, it being fully fps and having choices every step of the way sets it clearly apart. It looks more like new Deus Exes, having more fluid gameplay and being open and presumably huge: nuDeusEx = W2, CP77=W3.

No doubt it'll be awesome but there wasn't anything in the demo that got me too excited/hyped to make me want to play it right away. They'll need years to make it anyway; making quests on this level of complexity etc. They jumpstarted the hype train too early.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom