Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

v1rus

Arcane
Got my GoG key I bought on key seller site for 30 euros, tonight after work we will see how good it looks on my 1060 6GB, i5-6600.

hey, we have the same specs!

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Man, that Skill Up guy. Finally a game that gives you the feeling money is indeed tight and he complaints how he couldn't buy all the cars due to "economic balancing issues".

Got my GoG key I bought on key seller site for 30 euros, tonight after work we will see how good it looks on my 1060 6GB, i5-6600.

Give your fire department a heads up notice. :salute:

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
"Don't pick a circumcised penis if you are a male V.
It locks you out of romance options and characters will mock you in the game.
I can't believe this is even a thing, but it's true. it's truly bizarre CDPR would let such a seemingly minor choice ( for a game) to play a role in the narrative."

Muehehehehe

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
B155B1D7B831AAB14451A10BB752979BA43A6DE4.png

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
"Don't pick a circumcised penis if you are a male V.
It locks you out of romance options and characters will mock you in the game.
I can't believe this is even a thing, but it's true. it's truly bizarre CDPR would let such a seemingly minor choice ( for a game) to play a role in the narrative."

Muehehehehe

But Kwans are turbo into circumcision irl, no?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Have to be honest
Despite all the shit and stupidity around this game, it really is an incredibly ambitious project
For that alone I am curious enough do give it a try

Jesus, this game looks awesome on a high end PC. Fuck the trash PS4 streams people were watching and making judgement based on them.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Imagine posting in a thread about a game you are not interested at all, every day.

But I am interested in it. I'm interested in it failing.
What good would you get from it failing?

If they copied devices that people in medicine are using for medical purposes which can severally damage patient, they are in danger of prison time. For attempt to cause bodily harm.
And why the hell would they do that in their game?

If what you say is true we will get thousands of reports on epilepsy triggers among players, but somehow I doubt this will happen.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I bet they let such grognard relic to still grab their RPG badge

Which badge lol, they call this game THEMSELFS as action adventure game. Where is has RPG badge at all?

Their melee system sucks balls, it is sluggish and as all popamole games ever, you are better served spamming left button.

Dildo figthing man. I rememebered - streamer clamed he hit with dildo for 9K damage lol.
Use it. Love it. Lube it.

Last edited:

Eastwood

Educated
Also, have to cap my FPS at 40fps on medium settings sans film grain, chromatic aberration, and depth of field and all the ray tracing shit, with a 1060 GTX 6gb, Ryzen 7 Eight-core 3.70 GHz, and 32gb DDR4. Is there a particular setting that's dragging my performance down that much, or is it just time for a new video card?
Have the same setup. Seems high 30ish FPS is the highest you will get with a 1060. The benchmarks at Tomshardware also showed this.
I am kind of mad, as they promoted the GTX 1060 6GB to be the recommended card for 1080p medium settings. Seems like they think the console experience of 30 fps is the way the game is meant to be played.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Alright it takes forever to get to "normal" missions, but I've done a couple and have to say that while I wouldn't call it an open world Deus Ex 3 yet, it's looking that way. Did a simple mission to assassinate a gang leader and there were lots of different approaches. I took the head on approach at first but my level 3 stealth gal got creamed in seconds (this is on "hard" or whatever). Stealthed in and had a hard time not being seen because of the enemy positions. Ended up hacking a vending machine to distract one guy, then snuck in through a window and killed the gang leader from behind, then snuck back out. None of this is revelatory of course, and I'm not saying it's particularly deep, but the point is it's not Far Cry or Fallout 4. We'll see how it holds up over time though.

The world is really incredibly detailed and filled with life, despite being a big open city. Max settings (with no ray tracing and DLSS on quality) looks great, runs at 60fps at 1440p on my 2070. No complaints about the visuals at all, even the pop-in isn't bad. The ray traced lighting is a big improvement, more than the reflections or shadows IMO, but it halves my framerate so fuck that.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

Have to be honest
Despite all the shit and stupidity around this game, it really is an incredibly ambitious project

Jesus, this game looks awesome on a high end PC. Fuck the trash PS4 streams people were watching and making judgement based on them.

Can't wait for the inevitable hundreds of shitty reshades that make it look worse. :lol:

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
8600k, 16GB, GTX 1660, 1440p. On medium settings you can get around 40FPS. On high it drops down to 30 and there are dips that are a problem, so medium it is for me.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron

Have to be honest

This looks incredible indeed.

Jinn

Arcane
Have the same setup. Seems high 30ish FPS is the highest you will get with a 1060. The benchmarks at Tomshardware also showed this.
I am kind of mad, as they promoted the GTX 1060 6GB to be the recommended card for 1080p medium settings. Seems like they think the console experience of 30 fps is the way the game is meant to be played.

Yeah, it sucks, but capping it at 40fps and turning some unnecessary shadow setting down to low have made it smooth enough, yet still very attractive to look at. Hopefully we get some optimization patches in the coming weeks, but I'm not so spoiled that I can't enjoy myself with my current settings. Thanks for the response for comparison!

PS - The jazz radio station in the game is not only the best, but really good. Highly recommend.

Dexter

Arcane

VTANBhf.jpg

The Codex deceived me. Was hoping for some trannies to kill but I've only found this so far
[Tiddies with no dick.]

Where are my fucking trannies godammit.

Unfortunately that feature was cut.
Apparently gotta play the racing missions, not gonna kill them but help them come out or something and get the "Trans pride" truck as a reward.
:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Is there really only one longterm romance option for straight males? Why even bother have a penis customization option if there's nothing to put it in?
A very FreeKaner point of view. I'm actually not the biggest fan of sticking dicks up in holes and would prefer more creative use of the fallus (whether mine or someone else's).
Put it in a meat grinder then.
You are the one with the footjobs.
Doesn't mean i don't ravage all the other paces lol. Also i do have a few more fetishes,tho they don't make me as hard as this one :) . How about you,bald monocled man from certain slav country ?
Ah, I don't want to see a split thread named "AwesomeButton's sex life"
Shortest thread on codex.

Eastwood

Educated
Only played though the Nomad prologue by now, but are the other backgrounds also that underwhelming? It was basically only a 20 minute railroaded sequence of events with barely any gameplay and then, a montage cutscene later, you are an established mercenary in Night City. Seems like so much wasted potential. I was kind of expecting Dragon Age Origins levels of prologue chapters, after them hyping it up so much.
Also hate the consolized UI controls btw.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom