Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Like I said earlier the people who made up a fantasy world for themselves where this game would feature the best of three other games (Deus Ex, GTA, Witcher 3) while the developers were denying it all the fucking time, at every opportunity, are the same people who will simp for a girl who said "Hi!" to them once.
Butthurt cucks hating this GOTY are literally on the same level as fucking trannies LMAO.
Yes, it's a conspiracy. I'm only pretending to enjoy the game. In fact true satisfaction comes from watching the reactions of NPCs on the street.

Just the most beautiful game in action,such brave and awe-inspiring art we haven't seen in our life.

Wow...... just... wow.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I have theory that at some point CDPR decided to go full retard AAA and turn Cyberpunk in looter-shooter instead (I think it was at time, when game changed it's director), but they already promised singleplayer game to people and decision was made to make underdeveloped singleplayer version that only slightly deviates from it's looter-shooter counter part in terms of RPG mechanics (shitty and bastardized) to minimize public meltdown at release (otherwise there would be more of butthurt) and focus on multiplayer version that will be full of micro transactions.
I think the explanation is more trivial - in a typical example of high-level manager meddling, the developers were instructed to implement the same itemization system for CP77 which would be put to use in their subsequent Cyberpunk MMO. If both games *can* use the same sets of properties on items, why develop two distinct systems. Development is late as it is.

Which ends up smearing Night City with the disgusting taint of Ubi/Beth cookie cutter garbage game design.
The gigs are repetitive tasks but at least in unique environments. The police missions however are just a firefight with some street cred as a bonus reward in addition to the loot. I've only put down one cyberpsycho, but I guess these at least are varied by their fighting style.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
fantadomat Oh no I cant praise certain aspects of the game and critique the others I HAVE TO SHIT ON THE WHOLE GAME LIKE MYSTERY MEAT GOLEM WHO CANT EVEN BUY A GOOD ENOUGH PC TO RUN IT.

You are really funny brown man should keep you head low really you have more in common with trannies than me.

Not to jump into your graphics whores pissing contest but your utter obsession with mystery meat / genetic purity is comical as fuck given that you were literally nutting out to half n-gger Panam and how beautiful she was just a few pages ago. You DO remember that right? Cuz she is about as mystery meat / swarthy as you can get w/ those facial features and that nappy dreaded up bun.

mondblut

Arcane
You brainlets choose your battles poorly there is myriad things to critique in this game but graphics or art direction aint one of them but it figures DUMBFUCK tag is well deserved in your case.

If that was a program to generate cute Windows wallpapers, sure.

But this shit moves, and when it does move, much hilarity ensues.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
I can say one thing, according to that gif - game is very tiresome for eyes with all these effects.
There should be the boundary at where pursue for realistic graffix should stop.
Yep I think this style would suit the game much better

488281_pClb6BVVjv_skrinshot_13_12_2020_153510.jpg

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Jokes on you brown man I got the game for free I was talking about your shitty pc that you played this game on, btw even if worked in mc donalds in my country I would earn more than president of bulgaristan so cope harder, you are the one living in bulgaria not me I understand why you are so retarted your slav people were mongrelized by turks for 500 years and what was left is fantadomat and company truly a sad end to once great nation.

Gastrick

Cipher
Game is cringe. There really is the opposite gender voice + genital types and it even lets you know that other characters will refer to your character as Xe, Xir. Music is obnoxious too, especially when it plays during the character select screen which is usually silent or has ambient music playing. Gets worse in the main game where you listen to nigger rap music. With different penis lengths and pubic haired teased as "coming soon", I wonder what else they have planned, maybe anal circumference. The guy you default as has gay piercings, female eyebrows and even eye makeup. Fucking faggot.
Whoever built the engine sucked at programming, since my RTX 2060 kept crashing repeatedly in the character select screen. This is the PC that runs Metro Exodus, the highest requirements game I could find, on high settings just fine. It actually does have RPG stats, but half of them are just skills and they pretty much only go from 0 to 3. Once I set the max fps to a low number I managed to make it past the character select screen and into the game. I like how he fixes the car is by just switching some power plugs and then refers to it as "hot-wiring".

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
The gigs are repetitive tasks but at least in unique environments. The police missions however are just a firefight with some street cred as a bonus reward in addition to the loot. I've only put down one cyberpsycho, but I guess these at least are varied by their fighting style.

Fixer gigs have seemed pretty good to me. Decent variety of tasks and options. Steal a van, plant a bug, rescue a captured boxer, get a cop to stop investigating, sneak into a penthouse, etc. No two have been the same so far.

The police scanner missions should have been hidden by default and only spawn when you actually use a police scanner or something. They're just filler. It's the Skellige map spam all over again.

Generic-Giant-Spider

You know how *I* would have done this game?

Have it be four mini-stories/campaigns (about the length of an act in this game, maybe a little longer) that briefly intertwine in various ways with the characters and tackle all aspects of a cyberpunk life. One story has you as a corporate goon, another as some netrunner, maybe some low life thug, whatever. Basically the life paths get much more fleshed out in their own unique way and offer a different view of Night City including side quests available and would have avoided many pitfalls of open world especially for a company that has little to no experience in that type of game.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Jokes on you brown man I got the game for free I was talking about your shitty pc that you played this game on, btw even if worked in mc donalds in my country I would earn more than president of bulgaristan so cope harder, you are the one living in bulgaria not me I understand why you are so retarted your slav people were mongrelized by turks for 500 years and what was left is fantadomat and company truly a sad end to once great nation.

fantadomat Justicar Can you ladies get a room for yourselves and continue this beautiful banter prelude to passionate lovemaking away from our Cyberpunk hate-circlejerk?

mondblut

Arcane
So you are a modern Gay-mer that needs to have his Spotify playlist running in the background

Wait, what? Are you implying that we are supposed to listen to the bottom of the barrel shit pus vomit "music" that comes bundled with videogames? Like, seriously, no shit? I'd sooner drive pencils through my eardrums than endure this cumsmudge for longer than it takes to turn it off first thing after launching a game.

Of course, spotifag is for homos. Real men listen to their mp3 vinyl collection while playing.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

fantadomat Justicar Can you ladies get a room for yourselves and continue this beautiful banter prelude to passionate lovemaking away from our Cyberpunk hate-circlejerk?
Be silent,pleb! I am a true art critic discussing the best looking game of this century! Such glorious art and high fidelity need a true connoisseur to appreciated it! Nothing beats listening to carmina burana with glass of 12 year old wine while basking in the glory of the cubic architectural design of cyberpunk! Such passion,such graphics,such life!

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
The whole point of "representations" is displacement of white culture and white man from culture.
CHWhLau.png

Ahhh are you even trying? Fuck you are just too stupid.
Said the turk rape child your tags speak enough about your mental illness bye bye negro and remember you never will be white no matter how hard you try :lol:
You fucking retarded assgoblin cunt, you have the stereotypes mixed up.

cRTb4VE.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom