Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Hellion

Arcane
p2msa5et30561.jpg

This is a dialogue choice from one of the epilogues, and this ending's point is precisely that V is left all alone. Pretty much impossible to change the course of anything by this stage.

There are quite a few "nope, won't do it" choices during the game's side-missions.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
You fucking retarded assgoblin cunt, you have the stereotypes mixed up.

cRTb4VE.png
Another retard have some history brainlet:

"The Ottomans were employed as mercenaries by the Byzantines in the 1340s but later became invaders in their own right. Sultan Murad I took Adrianople from the Byzantines in 1362; Sofia fell in 1382, followed by Shumen in 1388. The Ottomans completed their conquest of Bulgarian lands in 1393 when Tarnovo was sacked after a three-month siege and the Battle of Nicopolis which brought about the fall of the Vidin Tsardom in 1396. Sozopol was the last Bulgarian settlement to fall, in 1453. The Bulgarian nobility was subsequently eliminated and the peasantry was enserfed to Ottoman masters, while much of the educated clergy fled to other countries"

MONGRELIZED FOR 500 YEARS YOU TARD.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
i think i found a way to enjoy the game. don't treat it like an rpg or gta. treat it like you would play mafia 2. i turned down the difficulty to easy and play the campaign like a retared call of duty with boderlands gunplay and it is fun as fuck, thanks to pretty good writing and visual spectacle.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
You are a goddamn retard if you think the directors don't have the final say

You are retard to think it's matter, given what shit turned out to be Autistic Worlds.
Directors are busy with general directing and golf, or what's in fashion today.
Final say my ass, in a world of cancel culture ahaha.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
You fucking retarded assgoblin cunt, you have the stereotypes mixed up.
:nocountryforshitposters:
You do know that you are trying to explain the concept of gravitational time dilation to a trashcan? Go get your drink mate and try talk to an actual human being.
500 years under turks elite killed and peasants raped you are a mongrel without history my brown friend are you gonna deny that happened mr bulgarian or what XD?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I swear, it's like some people live in an alternate reality where trannies are NOT shitting on the game because of how they are depicted in it.

Dumbfuck, trannies are shitting on everything, they are mentally ill, it has nothig with is this game push SJW agenda - it is - or not.
Get yourself together.

KK1001

Arbiter
Great:
- Scale and size of the city, muh "immersion"
- Artwork, production design
- Sound, music, voiceovers

Good:
- The story, mainline quests
- Gun animation and feel of most of the guns
- Characters
- Clothing

Meh:
- Constant calling
- Driving
- Overall challenge (fixable with mods)
- Level design
- Lore stuff
- Character customization

Bad:
- Boss variety (especially compared to TW3)
- Combat AI
- Crafting, loot system (but not really worse than TW3 tbf)
- Dialogue choices
- Stealth gameplay

Horrible:
- Anything to do with the open-world systems - police AI, pedestrian AI
- Open-world interactivity, mini games

Objectively this game is like a 6, with TW3 being like a 7.5ish

This is a great-to-good action-adventure game; an okay, meh-ish RPG; and a really bad GTA clone.

Tyrr

Liturgist

This is a dialogue choice from one of the epilogues, and this ending's point is precisely that V is left all alone. Pretty much impossible to change the course of anything by this stage.

There are quite a few "nope, won't do it" choices during the game's side-missions.
Don't add dialog "choices" when it's all the same. Just let the dialog roll. This is just stupid and pointless.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014

Well this is... really something.

It really isn’t. How many “wakeup calls” were there already? Telling gamers to stop preordering games is like telling morbidly obese person to stop eating cheeseburgers. It won’t work.
I could see what’s going on right after the first gameplay video, just as I could see from the videos that car chases are scripted events – not because I’m so bright but because it was so obvious.

IMO CDPR will go Bioware and Bethesda route, becoming the company it once was only by its name and releasing some subpar generic shit. In fact, it seems that most of the people that had any passion for creating games already ejected from there (inb4 a new indie studio?).

jf8350143

Liturgist
Almost finished it minus some small quests and the final ending.

My conclusion: it's basically Witcher 3 but better.

It has all of Witcher 3's strength, the "cinematic experience" is stil there and it's still great, the story and characters ranges from passable to good. And it didn't have some random characters from the book pop up in the game pretend to be a character you already familiar with like in Witcher 3. The story is shorter, which works better because it's more dense, unlike Witcher 3 which it drags on and on.

Gameplay wise it's way better than Witcher 3, it feels better and has more diversity. Loot is also much better, clear the map give you some cool unique weapon you can actually use if you upgrade them( although the armor is very meh, the only thing important about an armor is how many slots it has), thus make the open world exploring feels more rewarding.

It also has Witcher 3's weakness, a main character with preset personality leaves little room to role play, there was very limited C&C, you basically play to observe the story instead of being part of it and choose where it goes. And that god awful dialogue system. Skill check and background barely means anything, 99% of the time it's just some extra dialogue leads to nowhere.

Overall it's good for what it is. I'd say it's a nice ending for CDPR's single player game era. From now on it's going to be live service time.

Last edited:

Wunderbar

Arcane
The worst part is that the first iteration of the game,most like was 10 times better than the shit we got in the end. That trailer really looked cool and interesting,tho the music was shit.
i bet it was more akin to The Witcher 1-2/Deus ex/VTMB, a hub-based action rpg. But then Witcher 3 blew up and they realized that open world is the way to go.

Just like Fallout 76 was powered by an engine that wasn't built for multiplayer but jury-rigged to support it anyway, CP77 was powered by an engine that wasn't built with cars and pedestrians and other gta shit in mind. They have spent 5 years on this crap.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
You can climb most buildings negroes level design is very open, you cant stack boxes like in deus ex but you can use your car as a platform...

Speaking of climbing buildings...

reddit video:

They are more prompt to the scene than Agents in the Matrix films :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Nah mate,this is just a very original and creative statement at the state of the world. How fractured it is and how we constantly feel oppressed by government forces,even in places we should feel safe! You just don't get it mate,it is toooo complex for you. :lol:

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
if they would have dropped all the shitty rpg stuff and just made cyberpunk 2077 a far cry 3 tyoe of game it would have honestly been better. because that's exactly what the game is, the CDPR version of a far cry type of game. polish the combat and stealth, make the skill tree non retarded and that way i would give this game a 8/10 ore even more

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The worst part is that the first iteration of the game,most like was 10 times better than the shit we got in the end. That trailer really looked cool and interesting,tho the music was shit.
i bet it was more akin to The Witcher 1-2/Deus ex/VTMB, a hub-based action rpg. But then Witcher 3 blew up and they realized that open world is the way to go.

Just like Fallout 76 was powered by an engine that wasn't built for multiplayer but jury-rigged to support it anyway, CP77 was powered by an engine that wasn't built with cars and pedestrians and other gta shit in mind. They have spent 5 years on this crap.
Yeah most likely. The the trailer did have a darker and heavier vibe. Most likely it was a mix of vampire and deusex. I was interested in back then,but with the time passing and the news around it,it became clear that it will be shit.

We got muh look at the pretty colours,and the free trans people,and all the dildos.....we are soooo fucking cool and hip yo.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
You also got some explaining to do fanta, lmao.
dKdIf2b.png
Not me mate,i don't waste my time with shill sites. If i have opinion on the game,i write it here. He is not wrong tho,the game is pretty unplayable at this moment......and i even played the whole pathfinder on release,it was a lively experience.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom