Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

cw8

Cipher
Encountered a few easter eggs in the game. You'll see CohhCarnage at the start and I helped Jesse Cox save his dick.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Also ignore cyberpsychos.

Why? I enjoy boxing matches with my robo hands.

iu

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
se your brain and think about it real hard. Does anyone think CDP who is proudly supporting BLM and is staffed entirely by Polish trannies, diverse people and women, is against this sort of thing? This is the future soft commies want too, just with more handouts and big government.

Right, excrep firtst and last sentence - brain? lol no, it's "trannies flinging shit this mean it's anti-SJW!11" (and not all of them just some very minor part). Also they are not commies in the slightest, no real commy will want capitalistic future.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It does feel like you have a surfeit of options at any point. Being able to craft, hack, sneak, and full assault/melee all at once is bit crazy. Why does V even need a team with his skillset? Now the closest thing is whether you install something in place of your cyberdeck, either berserk or bullet time. give up hacking to be Max Payne? Hmm.

It's funny because with 50 attribute points and 100 attribute ranks you're theoretically pretty pigeon-holed, but I can still only see a couple variations for overall character types. Melee or guns, stealth or assault... maaaaybe tech versus cyber if you want to be extremely generous. Pick one of each and you've got two playthroughs, but not sure you could find a significantly different third one. To be fair Deus Ex mostly had the same splits, but this is trying to be a bigger, Bethesda-ish game.

KK1001

Arbiter
There are a ton of ways of shading your experience and doing combat differently; it's just that it doesn't matter because the combat AI is in such a dismal state and often breaks entirely.

Dexter

Arcane
Did you see that doctor ? Have you learned what LOD is ? Or you are just plainly enjoying being retard ?
fantadomat is right in one thing, I'm not very surprised that a guy that thought LARPing riding the train in Star Shitizen for 20 minutes is the "height of gameplay" is super amazed by this game. It's also not very surprising that you seemingly can't comprehend and respond to my posts in any coherent fashion or that you thought Screenshots that show World of Warcraft level of detail in the background and bushes as 2D billboards would convince people that it's the "best looking game ever".

While we're at the topic of Star Shitizen btw.
It looks "good" with too much caveats for most expensive game production in history.

EDIT: Why fake news rating? It is the most expensive game in the history.
Let's not forget - the most expensive ga... rbage in history.

314 million $.
Hey guys, here is the most expensive game in history. Also more expensive than any form of entertainment, Hollywood movies included.
As long as Perkel's other love project, infinite money pit and outright Scam, Star Shitizen exists this is not true and that dubious honor goes to it, so stop repeating it. It's at $337 million from Whales: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals and over $400 million with investors:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattpe...-studio-behind-crowdfunded-game-star-citizen/
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...um-secures-usd17-25m-in-additional-investment

Last edited:

Jackpot

Learned
It does feel like you have a surfeit of options at any point. Being able to craft, hack, sneak, and full assault/melee all at once is bit crazy. Why does V even need a team with his skillset? Now the closest thing is whether you install something in place of your cyberdeck, either berserk or bullet time. give up hacking to be Max Payne? Hmm.

Definitely agree.
Stat-wise I opted to go primarily into hacking, and my hacking is powerful, but it really isn't that much more powerful than anything else I have.

Like, if I have to kill a guy I can:
-Use hacks to overload his circuits and immediately kill him.
-Use hacks to make him kill himself, which is cool, but ultimately just costs more RAM
-Jump on him with my arm scythes that kill him in 2 or 3 hits.
-Headshot him with my sniper rifle, which deals 5000 damage and kills him instantly.
-Fire at him with my smart assault rifle that will melt him in 5 seconds with 100 headshots.
-Or just sneak up behind him and choke him out.

These are all cool ways to kill people honestly, but but being able to do all of them with the same kind of effectiveness just makes my character feel too jack-of-all-trades-y.
The game really needed to restrict more of your combat options for difficulty, rather than making you a giant glass cannon.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
It's funny because with 50 attribute points and 100 attribute ranks you're theoretically pretty pigeon-holed, but I can still only see a couple variations for overall character types. Melee or guns, stealth or assault... maaaaybe tech versus cyber if you want to be extremely generous. Pick one of each and you've got two playthroughs, but not sure you could find a significantly different third one. To be fair Deus Ex mostly had the same splits, but this is trying to be a bigger, Bethesda-ish game.

It's 85 attribute ranks and 56 points. Recall everything starts at 3 with 7 starting points. That's enough to max 3 stats with a few points left (3x17=51), or put 11 points in everything and have a very all-around character.

The question is how many points you need to do something at all vs excel in it. Stealth and hacking seem to work fine with minimal point investment. Crafting requires a full investment to be really viable, otherwise it hardly seems worth it. Meanwhile you can buy a legendary cyberdeck at Street Rank 14 that can presumably last you the whole game, even with 3 intelligence.

Now if hacking, crafting, and heavy weapons were limited to one of three classes, as looks like was originally intended, that would change the game quite a bit.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Just realized in the demos from last year the game had three classes, PCGamer was still reporting up until launch https://www.pcgamer.com/best-cyberpunk-2077-classes-netrunner-solo-techie/

Explains why the Lifepaths are so barebones, it was supposed to be a major gameplay decision that got turned into the open skill tree instead.

Absolutely.
Corporate netrunner, street kid solo, nomad techie. The nomad prologue even has a tech skill check at the beginning.

Still doesn't excuse how fucking short they are, and the horrible montage of the timeskip

Dexter

Arcane
This is on consoles, on PC it doesnt happen. Faggot, just pirate the game and then you can comment, right now you look like fool.
It happens even at 4K Ultra with RT and everything on and at full, the other video provided you didn't cite is a PC video and you can even see the key bindings on the UI. The Screenshot from the Russian site was taken in Photo Mode at 4K with Ultra settings, you can maximize it and look at the cars. Use your basic brain functions before responding.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

What they seem to have done is make it so that you do have to specialize in "melee" versus "ranged" versus "magic," but there seem to be different ways you can specialize in each - for example, you can specialize in melee by building up relevant Body skills, but if you haven't gone down the Body route that much you can also do so by specializing in cyber implants and getting the Mantis claws. Or you can specialize in rifles and pistols by going down the Reflex route, but you have to go down the Body route to specialize in shotguns or machine guns. On the other hand, you can specialize in Tech and use Tech weapons to their fullest advantage, and Tech weapons come in most of the flavours (pistols, shotguns, etc.), which means you don't necessarily have to build up Body or Reflexes as much to use ranged, you can be a Techie whose guns just pack a huge punch.

There's specialization and sacrifice, but there's also a bit of crossover so you can round out your build, and some things that are on the trees can also be gotten via implants (e.g. I just noticed today that there's a cyber mod that gives you the ability to see the hit area for your grenade, which is also a perk in the Engineering tree, and I've seen a few things like that).

It's a much better system than TW3, that's for sure. They've obviously thought about progression a lot and worked on it since that game (which was truly shit tier in terms of progression and building).

Ultra min-maxing is good in D&D style, stat-based simulation games, but I've never liked games where you're in 1st or 3rd person but they push you to ultra-min-max. In games where you feel more like you are your avatar, I like to hybridize to some extent. Kind of to a Golden Mean level, where you're mostly specializing in something to be ultra good at it, but you have a secondary thing that you have decent competence in, and a few things that you're moderately competent in, and then a few things that you've sacrificed altogether. It means you can experiment to find a comfortable playstyle that fits the game and your mood for the game. And this game does that quite well, in that it balances progression through use and progression via stat assignment quite well. It actually out-Bethesdas Bethesda in that regard.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
You are a goddamn retard if you think the directors don't have the final say

You are retard to think it's matter, given what shit turned out to be Autistic Worlds.
Directors are busy with general directing and golf, or what's in fashion today.
Final say my ass, in a world of cancel culture ahaha.

Are you implying that The Outer Worlds being a shitshown isn't because Tim Cain and Boyarsky lost their touch? :lol:
Oh dear, you are more delusional than I thought.

Dexter

Arcane
This is a dialogue choice from one of the epilogues, and this ending's point is precisely that V is left all alone. Pretty much impossible to change the course of anything by this stage.

There are quite a few "nope, won't do it" choices during the game's side-missions.
1607914311358ubk26.jpg

In fact, it seems that most of the people that had any passion for creating games already ejected from there (inb4 a new indie studio?).
There have already been several Indie studios that came out of Ex-CDPR employees, in fact they already even released "Cyberpunk" games before CDPR managed to:

http://www.reikongames.com/
https://www.foolstheory.com/blank-1

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Dumbfuck, trannies are shitting on everything, they are mentally ill, it has nothig with is this game push SJW agenda - it is - or not.
Get yourself together.

Explain how a game that pushes a "SJW agenda" misses the most basic of SJW rules.
This is like saying a game is a Nazi game even though it depicts aryan males as the most incompetent of all.

Like Jesus Christ, dude: you think a game that pushes an SJW agenda would be as tone-deaf as to claim "if you have a masculine voice, you are a MAN"? The truth is making a transgender in Cyberpunk 2077 would have been extremely easy if CDPR were genuine SJWs, but they weren't, and so they failed at a task as basic as "let people pick pronouns independently of what they look like/sound like/their genitals".

Dexter

Arcane
Yes, the curse of the hexagon is upon us, but as far as Cyberpunk is concerned it is more of a public image they wanted. The story certainly doesn't revolve around such things. The game itself is good.
A reminder that this is what a SJW game looks like.

capsule_616x353.jpg
It's a gradual process, it starts with a gay couple or some Feminist rhetoric, mutates into gay sex at bars and finding dildos everywhere, being rewarded "Trans Pride" trucks for completing Quest chains by NPCs telling you about their "Gender transition" and things like having your character's sex bound to his "Masculine" or "Feminine" voice in character creation with choice text about pronouns, and features like dick size being prioritized over integral stuff like AI while Lead developers that totally aren't SJWs are apologizing about "Hypersexualization" in their game which is apparently "just terrible" to Polygon:
cyberpunk-redesiuknoiivkdt.jpg
...and before you know it if nothing is done to turn the rudder around hard you're playing a game with exclusively Dyke haircuts about helping your Asexual Ace Lesbian Bi-Romantic crewmate of Questionable Heritage go on a date with a Lesbian "Person of Color" mechanic, which is turned into an entire major Quest chain.

The truth is making a transgender in Cyberpunk 2077 would have been extremely easy if CDPR were genuine SJWs, but they weren't, and so they failed at a task as basic as "let people pick pronouns independently of what they look like/sound like/their genitals".
There's plenty of Patches and Expansions to come to "improve" the game by falling to their knees and give in to the cult even more, especially after the release Prog media barrage.

Btw. I love the framing you did here that they "failed at a task", as if they weren't basically constantly mobbed and coerced by a bunch of "Gaming Journalists" in interviews and REEEra types on Social Media into making some of these changes from the first version they've showed off having Male and Female characters like every other Normal game including the Shadowrun Series from 2013-15 till about 2-3 years ago. But just because they didn't bring in their voice actors again to Redo their entire spoken dialogues using Xim/Xam pronouns to appease the mentally ill even more (I'm sure that would be the absolute end of it and they'd suddenly stop demanding and screeching), because they probably had other things to worry about more like getting the game to work at all on some platforms this: a) doesn't mean anything in regards to giving in that far as appeasement; b) in regards to prioritizing changes like this as opposed to obviously more pertinent or pressing tasks; c) that they've "failed at the task": https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/sjws-are-angry-about-cyberpunk-2077.128065/
There was always the Option to ignore the screeching if they didn't have people with these tendencies embedded within.

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
There really isn't all that much SJW shit in this. It's more of a late 90s/early Noughties level of wokeness - in fact, it's more of a traditional Leftie game with a bit of SJW window dressing.

It's not obnoxiously SJW like ME:A, or PoEII; if anything it's charmingly old-fashioned Leftism, centered on individual liberty, anti-corporate, etc., etc.

I think there's a "Gramsci Hotel" in the game? That about sums it up :) SJWs don't know anything about history beyond slavery and Hitler, or about politics beyond "Nazi" and "woke."

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
mutates into gay sex at bars and finding dildos everywhere

Fake news, played 10 hours, haven't found any dildo yet...
Havent found anything SJW pushed on me, the setting is anticorporate, there are tranny photos, but it's all superfluous, nothing that would matter or push agenda in game.It's a distant background that's there but doesn't pose any function.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
It's most likely that one of those expansion DLCs will focus on one of the orbital stations circling Earth.
Dlc in the vein of system shock with whole space station to explore would be great.

Not would be - might be! Or might not be great - depending on execution. I don't belive a bit i CDPR. I'm sure they will be serviceble at best - just like charatcers and plot on game now.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Who the fuck is going to buy these DLCs? Ending is Fallout 3 all over again, lifepaths are useless, there's no roleplaying, the game is full of cut content and placeholders.

Dude you have no idea, rigth? Mindless mob will RASH to buy it. They will spent TWICE the money CP cost them only to make that piece of shit better, and thus justify the buy.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
It's most likely that one of those expansion DLCs will focus on one of the orbital stations circling Earth.
Dlc in the vein of system shock with whole space station to explore would be great.

Not would be - might be! Or might not be great - depending on execution. I don't belive a bit i CDPR. I'm sure they will be serviceble at best - just like charatcers and plot on game now.

Some of the characters are more than merely "servicable." Panam is one of the best-realized characters in any videogame yet, IMHO, and one's interaction with her comes very close to crossing the Uncanny Valley, even in terms of looks and animation, never mind the excellent voice-acting. She's bloody amazing.

The plot - well, the whole mise-en-scène is rather old-fashioned anyway, and aspects of it have been done to death for decades in movies (Brainstorm for example was made in 1983). But for what it is, it's well done and well-presented, more than merely "serviceable."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom