Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

CD Projekt's CYBERPUNK 2077 Release Thread - Concerned For The Consoles

Discussion in 'CD Projekt Red' started by Sam Ecorners, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Dexter Arcane

Dexter
    Nah, I actually agree. The city environment and some of the interiors are at least up there with anything we've seen so far especially with RT turned on. Those light and environment reflections on smooth surfaces do look good and there's a reason why Epic used such an environment to Demo off their RT for the first time:

The thing is that from what I've seen so far the same can not be said for landscapes, nature, distance shots that can be on par with San Andreas, background geometry outside the city is pretty laughable when you compare it with even something like Battlefield 3 and a lot of other elements are seemingly hacked together to somehow make it work like some other parts of the game so it's a bit annoying to hear that it's the "best looking game around by a mile" or similar because it renders a bunch of rectangular buildings with lights and reflections and in-door environments particularly well.

^ Top  
  2. Bloodeyes Magister

Bloodeyes
    CD Projekt Red said I can have a refund but Sony's chatbot told me to fuck off. I emailed CD Projekt but I'm not really expecting that to go anywhere. It's pretty easy to virtue signal and promise a refund you don't have the power to authorize then blame Sony for a policy CD Projekt knew about before release, just like they knew about the state of the fucking game. Oh sure act like this was all a big mistake. Like nobody at CD Projekt played Cyberjunk on a ps4 and they didn't know. Bastards.

I'm so sick of greedy fucking bastards looking to take advantage at every turn. Not an original thing to say but that's kind of the problem. It can wear you down at times. I went to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned today and he only did two thirds of them and said I had to book another appointment to get the other third done because he was out of time, but he spent half the appointment fucking chatting and nobody was waiting after me. One of these days I'm going to snap and slash one of these black hearted scamming fuckers right in their smug fucking face.

• Funny x 11
    • Brofist x 2
    • Balanced x 2
    • gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Rage x 1
    • cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. RobotSquirrel Learned

RobotSquirrel
    its definitely bad work when you consider that
    1. Scan data was available
    2. its even easier to create meshes off of real world people especially if you have the image planes/orthos

There's no excuse for why the model came out that bad other than Keanus involvement came very late in development and that initially Johnny resembled his 2020 self with his short hair.
    I just checked the concept art. Yep Keanu was late in development Johnny looks very different he's still got long hair but no beard but he does resemble the 2020 johnny more in the concepts similar facial structure.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. orcinator Liturgist

orcinator
    You get what you deserve for not being informed.
    Good luck on your future genocide crusade.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Robber Baron Learned

Robber Baron
    People are just angry they were decieved by the marketing team into thinking they could run the game.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Bloodeyes Magister

Bloodeyes
    No. Selling a game that doesn't run is straight up fraud. It's like selling a bucket with a hole in the bottom. That's not the fault of the customer. I chose to buy on console because releasing a console game that doesn't run on the console it is being sold on is not common at all. Whatever the expected quality of the game if I'm buying for a homogenous system like a console a reasonable person can expect it to run. Having to expect fraud in every transaction is no way to live.

• Agree x 12
    • Brofist x 2
    • consume product x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. ChildInTime Learned

ChildInTime
    It's not.

Console versions are shit, I guess, but on PC while there are some funny bugs like flying weapons and npcs - nothing major, certainly not on the level of Kingmaker for example, which could not even be completed on release.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Justicar Learned

Justicar
    Love tards who didnt even play the game commenting on its state early acces lol, the biggest problem it has is non existent driver ai.

• Brofist x 3
    • hopw roewur ne x 2
    • cuck x 2
    • consume product x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. typical user Arbiter

typical user
    In all honesty I didn't experience a single crash in this game. Only one major bug which would prevent me from progressing in a quest - a door that wouldn't unlock. So the critical stuff (as critical in QA is stuff like crashes, corrupted saves, broken scripts which can't be fixed with reloading a save) are not present. The bugs are minor-major in the QA jargon. The game is Early Access but fixed so it doesn't fry your PC.

But the AI, physics, floating objects, clipping through NPCs, poor optimization. There is just too much and I can only imagine what the hell is going on PS4 and X1.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I'm pretty sure that characters like Judy, Evelyn, Dex and Jackie are also based on real people, whether tuned up later or not. Keanu on the other hand doesn't have eyelashes.

However late Keanu came to the project, he was advertised as "a second protagonist".

^ Top  
  11. Bloodeyes Magister

Bloodeyes
    Indeed. Everyone is focusing on the bugs and performance issues but the game has some of the worst AI I have ever seen in a GTA clone or a game in general. The original GTA on PS1 had better driver AI than this and the NPCs are some of the stupidest I have ever seen. NPCs in the world have 1 line of dialogue they will say to you, if that, and you can walk right through them FFS. Deus Ex NPCs felt more real than this. Not to mention how absolutely fucking basic the combat is (especially H2H, which my character was specced for). Even with good framerates and no bugs this game would be an amateurish fucking joke of an open world action game, well below the standards set by games like Red Dead 2, Ghost of Tsushima or even games like Vice City or San Andreas.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Lyric Suite Converting to Islam

Lyric Suite
    Do we know who wrote the AI?

• "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Diablo1_reborn Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic Patron

Diablo1_reborn
    A woman (she/her).

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Diablo1_reborn Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic Patron

Diablo1_reborn
    DONT. FUCKING. PREORDER.

For the 50th time.

• Agree x 12
    • Brofist x 5
    • consume product x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Justicar Learned

Justicar
    Nobody.

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Any man would have written a better AI. Am I right?

• Yes x 4
    • How about this as a button x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • "It was Aliens" x 1
    • cuck x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    Nigger, it's just some modern city. Nothing beautiful or groundbreaking. It doesn't even looks like future.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Shit Shit x 3
    ^ Top  
  18. msxyz Augur

msxyz
    My wife commented on the NPC behavior: "who programmed this shit? a monkey"? I tend to agree with her.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    Any real man would have replied "Worse, a woman". Men are inherently capable of writing better AI due to chormones emitted in their testicles. I'm sure there is a neckbeard youtuber somewhere who explains that.

• Funny x 5
    • Yes x 2
    • NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Necroscope Arcane

Necroscope
    Codex 2014
    It’s difficult to empathize with someone who preorders games because ppl like you allow the problem in the first place. On top o that they use the number of preorders to show how successful their game is.

• Agree Agree x 7
    ^ Top  
  21. user Learned

user
  22. sullynathan Arcane

sullynathan
    When your average gamer has been playing AC for generations and cyberpunk doesn't do those certain open world things, of course they'll go back.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer Sad Loser

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Did you use the refund email address which CDPR provided? If not, you definitely should send a letter there.

^ Top  
  24. Robber Baron Learned

Robber Baron
    Cyberpunk is the payback for Dragon Age 2(as someone on 4chan suggested), so let them go.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik

Hóngwèibīng
    So, do we have a full list of the iconic weapons that can be displayed in V's apartment stash yet?

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.