Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

ChildInTime

Learned
Gay game.

photomode_15122020_10qkk8d.png
Agree.

Turjan

Arcane
So
Fuck, compared to this JoJo's villains of the week are peak of straight masculinity. And these people unironically think they are monocled because they don't play animu games.
The tragic part is that these are still the only pants my char has ever found that take a mod. So it's the decision between +40 armor and looking like a tard or wearing something decent.
I took care of the rest of the outfit though.
So this is why they didn't add 3rd person. Can you imagine, getting the best armor and end up looking like that?
Yup. I went for a compromise at the moment. The vest is, again, the only epic item I have that doesn't look completely retarded with shorts, so it has to stay.
55ZaEIy.jpg

Shooting empty vodka glasses in the apartment. I'm sure management understands.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
So
Fuck, compared to this JoJo's villains of the week are peak of straight masculinity. And these people unironically think they are monocled because they don't play animu games.
The tragic part is that these are still the only pants my char has ever found that take a mod. So it's the decision between +40 armor and looking like a tard or wearing something decent.
So this is why they didn't add 3rd person. Can you imagine, getting the best armor and end up looking like that?
Yup. I went for a compromise at the moment. The vest is, again, the only epic item I have that doesn't look completely retarded with shorts, so it has to stay.
55ZaEIy.jpg

Shooting empty vodka glasses in the apartment. I'm sure management understands.
Nigga fix your style btw. you can get cyberware that grants +200 armour and stop worrying about stats and start worrying about your looks.
photomode_15122020_152vjv5.png

orcinator

Liturgist
Serous question, has anyone encountered something that was actually engaging on a gameplay level besides the first time they figure out a new trick that trivializes combat?
Try getting one of those implants for double jump and do parkour while shooting (or punching) the enemies. That's the only way I'd found to make the actual gameplay more fun than just decent, really. Jumping from a roof to the other so you get to a sniper, giving him a good swing and seeing you oneshot him with the gorilla hands while he makes a backflip is pretty good. Exploding their heads with a rusty shovel too.
You can play it like Call of Duty Advanced Warfare (XBOX ONE! COPY THAT!) instead of Call of Duty the others ones but it's not much of an improvement.

orcinator

Liturgist
Why worry about
engrams
. It’s a fuckign magic and the sad thing is they could have done some research even bakc in the 90’s and mr. Pondsmith would immidietely see how utterly ridiculous that plotline is. Unless human mind works drastically diffrently form current consensus, then anything resembling
engrams
can barely exist at all due to their extreme data size. If it somehow existed it could not run on any computer imaginable in anything resembling real time. Not to mention that such a thing could only be created in a destructive way over countless millions of electron microscope/hours. And certianly it could not be copied form a tiny
chip
(which would not fit it in the first place) into a living
brain
What, never? How extreme a size are we talking? Because unless it's more bits than there are atoms in the given space, it's at least theoretically conceivable. I mean the difference in mass between a human brain and these chips isn't exactly cosmic. Seems like perfectly achievable miniaturization, especially without all the mass spent on kinesthetic and autonomic stuff.

And I imagined, given how extremely temperature sensitive the data is, that it's really pushing the limits of solid state storage.

This video summarizes pretty well just how difficult it actually would be to replicate the human mind.
TL DR currently, a piece of brain the size of a grain of sand took up 2 million gigabytes of space, and 3 months to compile.

The muh brain 2 big n 2 complex 4 chipz argument doesn't work when the setting already has actual AIs in addition to all the advanced thingamabobs that let your cyberware do all these fancy tricks.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Btw if someone wants to get more framerates this is a quick solution I got 6 fps more on average by doing this:

Go to *game folder*/engine/config and open the file memory_pool_budgets.csv with notepad. find the values PoolCPU ; 1536MB ; and PoolGPU ; 3GB Set the CPU pool to around two thirds your RAM and GPU pool to your Graphics cards RAM, e.g. I have 16 Gb RAM and a 6Gb Graphics card so I set the values to PoolCPU ; 10000MB ; and PoolGPU ; 6GB.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

mondblut

Arcane
Well, in my ending he was cuddling with his waifu and they both had a hint of a smile and peace in their eyes, hopeful for what awaits them ahead.
I saw it more like this:

nqnIEDv.png
Nah, Panam isn't the sort to sleep around, she gets emotionally destroyed if you pick any ending that isn't hers and is willing to put her whole family at risk to save V.

Simp.

Reinhardt

Arcane
So
Nah, they didn't added 3rd person simply because world behind your back doesn't exists until you turn around.

KVVRR

Learned
Well, in my ending he was cuddling with his waifu and they both had a hint of a smile and peace in their eyes, hopeful for what awaits them ahead.
I saw it more like this:

nqnIEDv.png
Nah, Panam isn't the sort to sleep around, she gets emotionally destroyed if you pick any ending that isn't hers and is willing to put her whole family at risk to save V.

Simp.
she just flat out says a kiss is more her style than sex
tumblr_inline_nsihyrF3521ra1x9g_540.png

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
How many codexers are honest enough to acknowledge that Fallout 4 is objectively a much better open world action game with some RPG elements than Cyberpunk 2077 is?

CP2077 certainly does some things far better than Fallout 4, like the writing, but the vast majority of the game systems or aspects they share are in Fallout 4's favor.

Especially if you are doing a day 1 release version to a day 1 release version comparison of the two.

I think many will struggle with being able to set aside their extreme anti-Bethesda bias (often exaggerated in posts for bonus kodex kool kredits) to achieve the level of objective honesty to do so.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom