Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

mondblut

Arcane
I think some of you need to learn how to drive I do it in first person all the time and it feel's good. This is not a racing game but the driving itself is good enough for me to just drive around the town doing nothing.

:positive:

Watch and learn.

If your car doesn't blow up or launch into the stratosphere, don't waste our time.

mondblut

Arcane
In fact, whole internet was took under control in Russia in like 5 year, another 5 year and there will be no personal computers for simple citizen, and then they will restrict their ownership at all lol.

vatnik.png

I thought you are supposed to welcome that, comrade.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
His opinion but how can he say this game is shallow and praise witcher series?

Gonna guess the lack of world state interaction? Not like Witcher had sprawling world state branching, but it had some. Cyberpunk has very little of that, so role playing comes down to character mechanics and portraying a consistent character through dialogue. Most people don't want to roleplay, they want to follow a spreadsheet guide to a desired end state, so when the game doesn't respond with easily identifiable rewards, they feel it's shallow.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
Rumor for now but apparently 77 sold 15mln copies including preorders (8mln preorders is already confirmed by CDPR)

If this is true then:
Developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games, the critically acclaimed open world action-adventure video game sold 11.21 million units in its first 24 hours, and generated revenue of $815.7 million (£511.8 million), going on to reach $1 billion (£624.45 million) in sales after just three days on September 20 2013.

It will be officially best launch of any game ever beating even GTA5, that won't be beat probably until GTA6

that's actually good news. makes cyberpunk 2078 or whatever the sequel will be called a thing that will 100% happen someday. also gives cdpr a reason to fix the game from the ground up, with so much money being made they have no excuse.

Origin

Augur
I am nut for racing games and while c77 has arcade version of physics the detail in suspension and rubber is 2 tiers above pretty much every other arcade game other than FH (which uses arcadized version of real physics from FM series). I am 100% sure there will be mod adding wheel support later like for GTA5 prolly with stick shift support. It is the bumps you drive over is when you can see this is something different, you see proper suspension and more importantly rubber response. Rubber response is best seen on bikes as they are lighter and tends to hop around a lot on bumps.

Multiple lies detected.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Watch and learn.

I'm concerned about the fact that this suppose to be a sports car, but 200 km/h or mp/h it shows is nowhere near the real thing (more like 60 or less).

And the traffic is non-existent.

This scene was hilarious from the movie. XD

As for the speed of the cars, open world games with cars never realistically portray the speed, since it would be unplayable in a city environment. You wouldn't be able to manouver between traffic and pedestrians at that speed. This is not a simulator. And it's actually not that slow looking, I think.

MasPingon

Arcane
Many little things, like the mini-map, but mostly the AI of cars and NPCs and the lack of interactivity with the world. He thinks the world is shallow, artificial and empty
Congratulations you just described witcher 3/2/1, btw you can disable minimap because for the first time ever in their games they implemented objective marker on your screen so you know where to go without minimap.

Witcher world was never empty, basically cause even Witcher 3 was devided into big hubs(Velen, Skellige, White Orchid, Kaer Morhen). It's much more detailed and more beliavable. Quest marker wasn't so invasive until Blood and Whine kicked in. In Witcher series you actually can find NPC's and quest givers in game world, you don't have a feeling every next quest is scripted cutscene where you occasionally can press f at times(and it doesn't matter anyway).

He doesn't like the shooting and character development systems.
Combat much better than in any witcher game same with character development systems.

Not true. Witcher 3 combat system was simple, but it was thoughtful, it worked and could be entertaining at times.

Basically besides the graphics and the story he thinks it's a shallow, subpar game that fell victim to feature creep.
His opinion but how can he say this game is shallow and praise witcher series? You know that I enjoy witcher series too xD but to call cyberpunk shallow and then praise witcher series as best ever is just :
:retarded::retarded::retarded::retarded:

Show me one game mechanic that works in Cyberpunk. It could be driving, stealth, hacking, character progression, quest structure, NPC interaction, opening the fucking car door, walking, swimming, physics. It's all half baked or non-existant. Show me how quests are are connected the way it works in Witcher 3(Blood Baron).

Last edited:
I kinda sorta can't uuuuh purchase from him anymore.
No way I let him tasteful fingerrape my V
As for the leg mod: yes the charged mod is better, but I still got buyers remorse, since there always countless ways of not-needing them. Also peasants think me landing after a charged jump is an attack and flee. :hahano:

It's funny tho when the quest NPC says "we need to climb over dis fence", you just jump over it and he spawns right beside you afterwards.
Re charge jump, i used to agree but when i tried to use it to jump over enemies like Adam in combat, i found the timing really awkward. Much better in the end to be able to just double jump, less setup required and you jump almost as high anyway

Perkel

Arcane
And the traffic is non-existent.

What is this ? release day ? Traffic highly depends on where you are and time of day. It can go from almost no cars (pacifica) to so many that you can't even go straight without bumping anyone (japantown).

Comparing it to other games with traffic i don't think there is a game which has as much traffic as 77 does at times. Especially after red/green light in corpo plaza roundbout. 5 lines full of cars. I should record that next time.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
If your car doesn't blow up or launch into the stratosphere, don't waste our time.
Most hillarious car physics I had was in the garbage heap outside town. It may look like it's full of old fridges being obstacles, but the whole area is just covered with a bumpy surface. The only thing blocking you are chest high concrete walls. My V ran over it on her bike like she was in shitty Tony Hawk game.:hahano:
CPDR's failures are far more entertaining than anything Todd's goonies have ever cooked up.

Dexter

Arcane
I am nut for racing games and while c77 has arcade version of physics the detail in suspension and rubber is 2 tiers above pretty much every other arcade game other than FH (which uses arcadized version of real physics from FM series). I am 100% sure there will be mod adding wheel support later like for GTA5 prolly with stick shift support. It is the bumps you drive over is when you can see this is something different, you see proper suspension and more importantly rubber response. Rubber response is best seen on bikes as they are lighter and tends to hop around a lot on bumps.

Multiple lies detected.
STOP. LYING. THIS. IS. THE. BEST. DRIVING. SIMULATION. EVER. IT IS SOOO REALISTIC AND LIFELIKE, YOU WON'T EVEN NOTICE IT'S A GAME! RACING SIMS CAN PACK THEIR FUCKING BAGS! CDPR COOKED THEIR GOOSE!

Robber Baron

Savant
CPDR's failures are far more entertaining than anything Todd's goonies have ever cooked up.

In defence of CDPR, the core logic of Gamebryo and Construction Set hasn't changed since Morrowind, so Bethesda has 20~ years of experience with it while at the same time being much lazier with creating content than CDPR

Bliblablubb

Arcane
And while we are at funny car fuckups:
In on gig you have to rescue a reporter who then enters a car and gets driven away. Except for me that car never went beyond walking speed. It casually snailed the road away... and every other car coming from the side launched itself off it into the neighborhood.
You can't make those thing up. :hahano:

Bliblablubb

Arcane

In defence of CDPR, the core logic of Gamebryo and Construction Set hasn't changed since Morrowind, so they had way more experience with it while at the same time being way more lazy with content
Let's be honest here: if anything this game makes you appreciate Rockstar's coding skills even more. GTA5 does all the things this game wants to, but without failing 99% of the time. Sad.

Robber Baron

Savant
Let's be honest here: if anything this game makes you appreciate Rockstar's coding skills even more. GTA5 does all the things this game wants to, but without failing 99% of the time. Sad.

Rockstar is one of a kind studio, you wish your favourite game company had management on their level

Naraya

Arcane

In defence of CDPR, the core logic of Gamebryo and Construction Set hasn't changed since Morrowind, so they had way more experience with it while at the same time being way more lazy with content
Yeah but let's be honest and fair - R* has a long experience in making such games whereas CDPR barely dipped their feet with 77.

Rockstar is one of a kind studio, you wish your favourite game company had management on their level

Up until a week ago I've heard that being said about another company... Just sayin'.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom