Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Oh and btw, if someone else here has the problem of the game crashing with mirrors, which creates a game stopping bug during a Johnny flashback: it's the game's TAA.
Switching it off in the config lets you bypass it. Game got at least 50% more fps with it too. :hahano:
Too bad it looks jagged as fuck and I could not implement hardware AA, so I had to switch it back on. Sad.

Perkel

Arcane
Let's be honest here: if anything this game makes you appreciate Rockstar's coding skills even more. GTA5 does all the things this game wants to, but without failing 99% of the time. Sad.

You mean like what ? driving over peds and chasing/fighting with cops which is basically the only thing you can do in that game ? Oh i forgot you can go to strip club with roman. Much sandbox, big game aaayyy.

Yes rockstar puts a lot of detail into their games but 99% of those details are fluff that could be put into you know making gameplay in their game.

This start's to annoy me. How about take a time and resources to finish YOUR fucking game CDPR?

You do realize those things are made by devs of those games not by CDPR ?

Movement in rockstar games is so unresponsive that navigating terrain and taking cover is a pure chore. IIRC in a delay test on console theres up to a 100ms delay before your character moves and it's barely better on PC.

Rockstar puts shitload of time into animations with their emotion engine. This is the thing i love about their games. I wish their emotion engine was something other devs could license and use.

Let's be honest here: if anything this game makes you appreciate Rockstar's coding skills even more. GTA5 does all the things this game wants to, but without failing 99% of the time. Sad.
Movement in rockstar games is so unresponsive that navigating terrain and taking cover is a pure chore. IIRC in a delay test on console theres up to a 100ms delay before your character moves and it's barely better on PC.

The mouse input is also shit making it very difficult to shoot well. In RDR2 online you have to contend with auto aimers in 99% of fights because they made lobbies autoaim by default, a step down even from GTA5. What Rockstar does well is scenery, but their worlds are devoid of substance and full of shitty on rails grindy gameplay peppered with frustrating and mindless combat where you're at a disadvantage if you don't cheap out and instantly headshot a row of enemies (online or offline) using dead-eye. And don't even get me started on the guns in RDO2 - almost every online fight is 1 shot sniper-ville as far as the eye can see.

TLDR rockstar makes trash, polished trash.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Yeah but let's be honest and fair - R* has a long experience in making such games whereas CDPR barely dipped their feet with 77
At the end of the day I am still supposed to fork over 50 Euroshekelz for it, I don't get a "we are new at this, have it 50% off discount".

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I was riding back to the city, open up phone contacts to call Takemura, accidentally picked Jackie. Silly me...

... then it enabled voicemail...

... and I got to say something...

:negative:

The more I play this game, the more similarities I find between it and Red Dead Redemption 2. Both deal with mortality and one's self value in a world that no longer needs them or deems them an empty vessel for something else. Everything about Evelyn, the conversation with the meat puppet/doll, the fact that Johnny is a fucking virus overwriting your brain, how Jackie's funeral was literally the first side mission you received before any world establishment (reminded me of how Bran Tuirseach's funeral was the first event you ran into in Skellige). Beneath the edgy outlook and glamorous tech advancement, it spins the focus back to human nature, not in an overly bleak and cruel way, but compassionating and surprisingly tender. Had the game incorporated a "humanity" meter based on how much you change body and affects your personality, it would have sent an even stronger message.

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
I was riding back to the city, open up phone contacts to call Takemura, accidentally picked Jackie. Silly me...

... then it enabled voicemail...

... and I got to say something...

The more I play this game, the more similarities I find between it and Red Dead Redemption 2. Both deal with mortality and one's self value in a world that no longer needs them or deems them an empty vessel for something else. Everything about Evelyn, the conversation with the meat puppet/doll, the fact that Johnny is a fucking virus overwriting your brain, how Jackie's funeral was literally the first side mission you received before any world establishment (reminded me of how Bran Tuirseach's funeral was the first event you ran into in Skellige). Beneath the edgy outlook and glamorous tech advancement, it spins the focus back to human nature, not in an overly bleak and cruel way, but compassionating and surprisingly tender. Had the game incorporated a "humanity" meter based on how much you change body and affects your personality, it would have sent an even stronger message.

Those make the best stories. It always come back to human nature. It this world we are in now where you forced to where a muzzle it's about the Morality of God which is Ironic since you have a bunch of Wackos calling themselves Freemasons trying to steer the world to worship AI.

Origin

Augur

CP 2077 vs 8 year old game which CP tried to copy, but failed miserably.

If I were naive like some of the people here, I could find a way to appreciate passion and ambition concluding that CD Projekt Red at least tried with best intentions.

But considering this game's cost and effort CD Projekt consciously puts to mislead their customers, I can only wish them a very fast closure. Too bad it won't happen because consumers are sheep and regularly miss the opportunity to punish bad practices on the market, so in a way we all deserve this.

Perfidious steps these guys pursue to mislead everybody is something even biggest popamole corporations in gaming would not have guts to try, and CD Projekt is not even a proper corporation yet. But they sure try their best!

So the most cyberpunk thing about this whole ordeal is CD Projekt's behaviour. I guess they've bitten really hard into the setting.

Last edited:

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
Hows the skyline in this game. It height used to an effect. Are there any quests that use height? Chasing someone on top of skyscrapers etc.? Man the possibilities that can be used in this game are pretty endless.

Darkzone

Arcane
So the Stürmer gave it a 2 Swastikas out of 10 with a big Hitler's Badge of disapproval for Political Correctness, while the Communist International gave it 9 Hammer and Sickle out of 10 with the great Lenin orden.
What times we are living when "Der Stürmer" puts out better and more honest game reviews than the game journalists.
Reminds me of the joke:
Moshe is found by Abraham reading "Der Stürmer" in the bus, while going to work. Abraham is asking him: Moshe how could you read such a Nazi shit!
Moshe to Abraham: You know our papers are writing all the depressing stuff: Persecution here and Pogroms there. But Der Stürmer is such a great positive newspaper, because it states: We jews own Hollywood, most of the the newspapers and the banks!

Executr

Cipher
I am nut for racing games and while c77 has arcade version of physics the detail in suspension and rubber is 2 tiers above pretty much every other arcade game other than FH (which uses arcadized version of real physics from FM series). I am 100% sure there will be mod adding wheel support later like for GTA5 prolly with stick shift support. It is the bumps you drive over is when you can see this is something different, you see proper suspension and more importantly rubber response. Rubber response is best seen on bikes as they are lighter and tends to hop around a lot on bumps.

Multiple lies detected.
STOP. LYING. THIS. IS. THE. BEST. DRIVING. SIMULATION. EVER. IT IS SOOO REALISTIC AND LIFELIKE, YOU WON'T EVEN NOTICE IT'S A GAME! RACING SIMS CAN PACK THEIR FUCKING BAGS! CDPR COOKED THEIR GOOSE!

Big Rigs 2077

Bliblablubb

Arcane
It still baffles me that they didn't implement a way to change your looks ingame, hair and makeup at least. They have so few options to begin with in the char gen and didn't even bother making different clothing morphs for titsize after all.

Ruins the immersion as well.
Corpo background has a strikt dresscode, how does the game explain V running around with a pink 'fro at work?
Since they insisted of making the cut content into a montage, they could even make V change into a more punk look by herself to represent her new life (and players being able to revert back). That requires no big effort in coding ffs.
But like this it feels like the whole char gen was just an afterthought marketing gag.
Like many other things.
Sad.

Danikas

Arcane
That's the car you get during the mission my V did mostly naked. That thing drove me nuts. I actually reloaded to the spot where I picked that up to get my motorbike back.
That's the car im driving in those fps videos :lol:

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Finally finished this overrated piece of shit. Near the finale I just rushed the main story hoping to end already. I also rushed a little too fast because my only options at the end were to side with Arasaka or kill myself. Saved beforehand, sided with the Arasaka, didn't like it, reloaded, killed myself.
Then the credits song "you lost everything" rolls in. Yeah, fuck you very much.
Life paths didn't matter for shit despite me choosing them almost every time they popped up in dialogue.
Playing as a non combat build is the biggest mistake one can make. This is alleviated somewhat if you focus on the weaknesses of your opponent or boss and having weapons that deal various elemental damage. This game encourages combat at all costs. You absolutely must spec into guns or melee weapons and after that go with anything else. And why the hell are blades and blunt weapons in different categories? Whatever. The design that permeates this game is the same as in Witcher 3. Pure shit. These people didn't play many games in their lives.
CDPR's strength lies clearly in the story, writing and quest intertwining and world building. The map (especially the area outside the city, the Badlands I think it's called) is very nice, very beautiful. Driving through there at max speed on a bike or a car is something else.
Body awareness can go die. It fucks up the movement of the character, the responsiveness massively. And besides, your boobs aren't big enough to see them when looking down so it's even more pointless.
Stealth is fucked and the bugs associated with it and it's perks, fuck it even more. Once you get used to it though, it becomes a bit better, playable, useful even. But, rarely.
AI doesn't exist in this game, as this has already been covered and documented. Cops spawn behind you or all around you resulting in a very fast and fatal gangbang.
Perks are bad. Really bad. 80 - 90% of them are multiple ranks with percentage increases to damage or accuracy or whatever. Again, combat focused. They even have descriptions that are almost identical to those you find in MMOs (like WoW), duration, stacks, the same language. There's one that increases the crit chance after you enter stealth for like 7 seconds, just an example. I really feel they wanted to add mutiplayer and when they realized they're out of time (and competence) they just made these perks universal for both SP and MP. There are a few that serve to unlock new abilities, crafting recipes or are simply required to get to another perk.
Looting system is shit. You find the same weapons but with a different color or rarity. There are also only a few weapons. Pistols, rifles, shotguns etc. of each type (power, tech, smart). And they just keep repeating. The melee weapons come into lethal or non lethal variety, with not that many on either side. You can get a better picture of this if you look in the crafting menu.
Collecting and dismantling everything gets tedious fast. You also cannot craft in bulk. You want to craft 50 medkits or whatever they're called or ammo or at other consumable? Yeah, you better press and hold (not just press, because why would it be?) that button 50 times.
Each attribute point increases whatever bonus it governs by a phenomenal 0.5% or in the case of melee damage, by 1.5%. Yeah, heavy stuff here. The MMO design can be felt throughout the game.
Character customization is pretty shit. Recently found that what determines your gender and the NPC response to you is the voice that you choose, between male or female. Yeah, the voice decides what's what, who's what and what's up.
Damage calculation is fucked as people can make crit builds and score 1 million damage regularly, or is inconsistent over long distances.
Generally when you want to get into a location, you have a few options, either the front door, or a backdoor that requires an attribute check and with the double jump that you get it opens up a bit more.
Quick hacks are few and only some are useful. Ping is very good, it's the see through wall stuff, cripple movement is good for bosses, reboot optics is good for stealth, cyberpsychosis is very goodin general as it makes enemies attack their allies, and there are more very situational ones. I thought request backup is the equivalent of WD2's system of calling a rival gang to battle their enemies but no, it's the opposite.
And I can go on but I'm tired now.
I restarted the game as nomad (played a corpo before) and I tried killing the sheriff by running him over and the car just goes through him and he starts investigating the disturbance, as if he was distracted. I don't even know why I tried, I don't know what I expected anymore but yeah. Also, the boob slider is pure decline. Saints Row 3 and 4 did it justice.
I didn't even mention the millions of bugs, the internet does it better.
Going to play it a bit, try a combat build, experiment with some stuff, and finally uninstall this thing.
And about that Vavra guy (that his name?), sad to see another one biting the dust. Seeing him call this game a masterpiece gave me the best outburst of laughter I had in years.
And what the hell is going on with this thread? What's up with all the shills around here lately? CDPR must be paying you hard since they made their investment back in one day. Paychecks galore. You know, I'm starting to think that luj is right. You're all shills. Fucking reddit outcasts that came here of all places.
Couldn't you go to Resetera? It's similar to Reddit. It even starts with your favorite word "Re" which you might recognize as being your kind's mating sound.

Turjan

Arcane
That's the car you get during the mission my V did mostly naked. That thing drove me nuts. I actually reloaded to the spot where I picked that up to get my motorbike back.
That's the car im driving in those fps videos :lol:
Yes. As I said, it drives okay as long as the road is straight.
Edit: I should probably go and look what the car I meant is actually called next time I have time to play. It seemed to be an electric one.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
I am nut for racing games and while c77 has arcade version of physics the detail in suspension and rubber is 2 tiers above pretty much every other arcade game other than FH (which uses arcadized version of real physics from FM series). I am 100% sure there will be mod adding wheel support later like for GTA5 prolly with stick shift support. It is the bumps you drive over is when you can see this is something different, you see proper suspension and more importantly rubber response. Rubber response is best seen on bikes as they are lighter and tends to hop around a lot on bumps.
The fact that you think FH has good physics is a testament to how dumb you are.

E:

Behold realistic physics according to Forza fans.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I accidently discovered that major NPCs dying over the course of the game get a virtual tombstone in that memorial hall.
Gonna be very overcrowded by the end lf the game.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Also worth noting about stealth and net-running:

"IT IS TOO EASY"

presses F5 every few seconds

i am guilty of that, if not for quicksave/load i would easily die 200-300 times. Fucking hate playing non hardcore but i have weak will to not use features presented. Hope they add hardcore mode where you have only one save and can't go back to pre-alert phase.
No, that's not my case. The stealth starts out as way too easy for the simple reason that playing without the minimap is near-impossible whereas playing with the minimap shows you the facing of enemies. The inaudible footsteps while crouched would have been nice as an upgrade, like in Deus Ex, but instead you get it for free. The wall hack was in Deus Ex too, but was super expensive on your energy and lasted for a short time.

This "success" is a rumor for now
A what now?
https://www.pcgamer.com/after-eight-years-of-development-cyberpunk-2077-made-a-profit-in-one-day/
CD Projekt said today that preorders alone were enough to earn back its development and marketing costs.

The exact quote comes from "current report no. 65/2020," and is about as corpo-sounding as you'd expect from a document with that title:

The Management Board of CD PROJEKT S.A. with a registered office in Warsaw (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) hereby announces that the estimated licensing royalties receivable by the Company in association with pre-order sales of Cyberpunk 2077 across all of its digital distribution channels have exceeded the sum of the following:

Oh and btw, if someone else here has the problem of the game crashing with mirrors, which creates a game stopping bug during a Johnny flashback: it's the game's TAA.
Switching it off in the config lets you bypass it. Game got at least 50% more fps with it too. :hahano:
Too bad it looks jagged as fuck and I could not implement hardware AA, so I had to switch it back on. Sad.
Or be like me and turn off all antialiasing from nvidia control panel. Playing on 1080p upscaled to 1440p the game is just blurry enough :D

It still baffles me that they didn't implement a way to change your looks ingame, hair and makeup at least. They have so few options to begin with in the char gen and didn't even bother making different clothing morphs for titsize after all.
That supposedly exists but it's halfway done and will be patched in. The real immersion-breaker is not having any reactivity from NPCs (and I don't mean random blurbs on the street) to the way you are dressed and whether it fits the situation.

Last edited:

orcinator

Liturgist
CPDR's failures are far more entertaining than anything Todd's goonies have ever cooked up.

In defence of CDPR, the core logic of Gamebryo and Construction Set hasn't changed since Morrowind, so they had way more experience with it while at the same time being way more lazy with content
It makes me appreciate all those mid 00's devs who could crank out a working GTA clone in their sleep while the horde of slavs struggles with basic shit like car AI.

Tyrr

Liturgist
Remember this official slide?
Dm8W8Za.jpg

The RPG mechanics in Cyberpunk 2077 aren't bad, they're just "advanced".

Maxie

https://www.powerpyx.com/cyberpunk-2077-story-choices-guide/

Before we start, it’s important to know what type of choices there are and how they work:

• Most dialogues (98%) have no impact on the story whatsoever. The vast majority of dialogue only changes the next line of dialogue and that’s it.
  • Only a very small subset of dialogues (around 2% of all dialogues) actually have any impact whatsoever. These are the choices pointed out in this guide.
  • You will always end up on the same linear story path with the same objectives and missions no matter what. Even if you go for the choices in this guide or not won’t change what missions you get. The game is much more linear than it seems.

Gerrard

Arcane
We also dont know how many of those ended up as refunds
Not many. People don't refund, as a general rule.
Only very few do.

And on PlayStation, you can't refund to begin with because of Sony being bags of dicks.
lol no
On Steam alone there were at least several hundred K refund requests
https://store.steampowered.com/stats/support
The "Refund requests' value was over 200K for several days since launch.

And Sony Japan made a support form just for Cyberpunk refunds.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom