Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Robber Baron

Savant
https://www.powerpyx.com/cyberpunk-2077-story-choices-guide/
Before we start, it’s important to know what type of choices there are and how they work:
  • Most dialogues (98%) have no impact on the story whatsoever. The vast majority of dialogue only changes the next line of dialogue and that’s it.
  • Only a very small subset of dialogues (around 2% of all dialogues) actually have any impact whatsoever. These are the choices pointed out in this guide.
  • You will always end up on the same linear story path with the same objectives and missions no matter what. Even if you go for the choices in this guide or not won’t change what missions you get. The game is much more linear than it seems.

So does it have less C&C than the new Black Ops?

ekrolo2

Learned

Before we start, it’s important to know what type of choices there are and how they work:

• Most dialogues (98%) have no impact on the story whatsoever. The vast majority of dialogue only changes the next line of dialogue and that’s it.
  • Only a very small subset of dialogues (around 2% of all dialogues) actually have any impact whatsoever. These are the choices pointed out in this guide.
  • You will always end up on the same linear story path with the same objectives and missions no matter what. Even if you go for the choices in this guide or not won’t change what missions you get. The game is much more linear than it seems.
If even half of this is true then that's a mega decline from W3.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt

I can't believe this is the same studio who made The Witcher 2

simtam

Novice

(proceeds to talk about dialogue options)
Even in the Maelstrom mission right away, the choices are not entirely in the dialogue options. That said, I would enjoy more dialogue options, even if they wouldn't be C&C. The one time I played CP2020 I recall there was a Media class, why can't I role-play The Adventures of Young Spider Jerusalem? VA in Polish localization seem skilled enough.

The trannie fiasco as the other guy mentioned, also there's a review from one a few posts after the Anglin review.
The 4/10 review guy? I don't sense much political bias there, he seems more like a "my vision of cyberpunk is the most mine" kind of guy. Props for Tyler Durdeen reference (even if not about inserting dick frames).

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
We also dont know how many of those ended up as refunds
Not many. People don't refund, as a general rule.
Only very few do.

And on PlayStation, you can't refund to begin with because of Sony being bags of dicks.
lol no
On Steam alone there were at least several hundred K refund requests
https://store.steampowered.com/stats/support
The "Refund requests' value was over 200K for several days since launch.
That's still not many compared to how many purchases there were.
Plus on Steam it's simply impossible to tell how many just bought the game, did some review bombing cause amgery bois and then refunded...

And Sony Japan made a support form just for Cyberpunk refunds.
Huh?
https://archive.is/GnURk

I guess it's not impossible, but not exactly easy, either.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
The only real C&C I came across was "kill NPC yes/no", with not killing him results in him disappearing from the game or getting a mission later. To kill him. Ooookay. :hahano:

Well, and pissing off Judy without knowing it apparently. Taking a reward after her mission results in her not letting V at her...V. Because she did it for moneys and not for her? V doesn't even get the option to explain herself.
Lol wymyn. Quality writing.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
It's true CDPR did not make as detailed a city-driving open world game as Rockstar has.

But come on. Fucking GTA missions are scripted as fuck. Never catch the guy you're chasing until he's scripted to crash, then watch a cutscene. So much gameplay consists of listening to conversations in cars/on horseback. Popamole corridor shooting with mandatory auto-aim. Just lock-on, tap the head, repeat forever.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
BTW guys, bonuses from cloth mods don't stack. I have a mask and pants with the same mod - Bully (+30% crit damage), and when I put on both and check the stats, the crit damage is shown to be the same. That is unless there is a UI bug, which is not impossible, considering the rest of the damage stats don't show your currently equipped weapon stats and just stay at 0.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Btw, are there no female voice actors of japanese descent in the US? Pretty much every female "japanese" NPC in this game sounds like Michelle Yeoh. They also look chinese actually.
The conversation between Tanaka and the jap fixer was hillarious. While he sounded like a proper samurai, she sounded like mama-san trying to sell him some "special massages". :hahano:

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
True. And for some point they are almost all timed.

Handwave and pretend that CDPR had ditched all the origin stories and PC customization: one (male only) protagonist with one backstory (i.e. Geralt or TNO). No gorrillion outfits and Borderlands style weapons and crafting. Cut the perk tree in half. One vehicle, unless you steal one. All these wasted resources go into writing and C&C.

The world would shit an even bigger brick and CDPR would be raked over the coals. The mainstream expectations from room temp IQ AAA buyers are that low. We're lucky they didn't throw in base building or Battle Royale mode. Or zombies/nazis.

The game is OK for what it is: mainstream fast food dreck. I'll finish it, just like I'll get to the bottom of that supersize bag of pork rinds when I start.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
EVEN THE ARCADE MACHINES ARE BUGGED
upload_2020-12-17_16-22-33.png

Alfgart

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm about 25 hours in, and having fun. Not as great as it was hyped to be, but it's a good game nonetheless. There is a Black Metal radio that plays some real Black Metal, that's a whole +1 for me.
Now someone more versed in drama and all that stuff, please explain to me, why does the reddit echo chamber and all the dangerhair game journalism hate CD Projekt so much? Since release I have seen countless negative articles, bitching about the most stupid and mundane things

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!

Perkel you are so full of shit.

Terenty

Liturgist
The happy-go-lucky tone with occasional forced dramatic moments that permeate the whole game makes me feel like i'm playing a fucking Guardians of the Galaxy game, not a nightmarish cyberpunk future where the main character is about to lose their sense of self and identity.

Whoever thinks this is good writing is a retard i'm sorry

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm about 25 hours in, and having fun. Not as great as it was hyped to be, but it's a good game nonetheless. There is a Black Metal radio that plays some real Black Metal, that's a whole +1 for me.
Now someone more versed in drama and all that stuff, please explain to me, why does the reddit echo chamber and all the dangerhair game journalism hate CD Projekt so much? Since release I have seen countless negative articles, bitching about the most stupid and mundane things
Because they play on last gen consoles that have lots of pop in issues for assets and lights, shadows, which causes glitches like flying cars, falling through the map, etc.
I've been thinking if CDPR had delayed the game with another six months, who knows how many of those PS4s would have been replaced and the outry would have been much more mild.

BTW, I realized what walking around in Japantown reminded me of:

Removal

Scholar
Now someone more versed in drama and all that stuff, please explain to me, why does the reddit echo chamber and all the dangerhair game journalism hate CD Projekt so much?
hype machine built up an impossible image for the game to ever meet with people expecting and wanting dumb shit like playable arcade machines and being able to go cyberbowling with your friends and thinking this was going to be GTA instead of cyberwitcher and CDPR's marketing team didn't help out on that front. Also you have a bunch of sub-80 IQ people being surprised their last gen consoles are having a tough time running current/next gen games
game definitely needed more time in the oven tho

Gerrard

Arcane
We also dont know how many of those ended up as refunds
Not many. People don't refund, as a general rule.
Only very few do.

And on PlayStation, you can't refund to begin with because of Sony being bags of dicks.
lol no
On Steam alone there were at least several hundred K refund requests
https://store.steampowered.com/stats/support
The "Refund requests' value was over 200K for several days since launch.
That's still not many compared to how many purchases there were.
Plus on Steam it's simply impossible to tell how many just bought the game, did some review bombing cause amgery bois and then refunded...

And Sony Japan made a support form just for Cyberpunk refunds.
Huh?
https://archive.is/GnURk

I guess it's not impossible, but not exactly easy, either.
https://www.playstation.com/ja-jp/support/contact-us/
Article said they made a form, but it seems it's just the standard support form (unless something changed since the article was written).
I think the English store requires calling them directly or some shit.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
The happy-go-lucky tone with occasional forced dramatic moments that permeate the whole game makes me feel like i'm playing a fucking Guardians of the Galaxy game, not a nightmarish cyberpunk future where the main character is about to lose their sense of self and identity.

Congrats, you just discovered CP2020.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps

Well the route I took through the Pickup quest according to this guide is a 'fail' route--get the chip, decode it, keep it, shoot Royce, fight out of the complex, save Brick. But I still got the 'good' outcome of banging the slag. So maybe the permutations and outcomes aren't completely understood yet.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
Hows the skyline in this game. It height used to an effect. Are there any quests that use height? Chasing someone on top of skyscrapers etc.? Man the possibilities that can be used in this game are pretty endless.

It's used a little bit but it's either railroaded, typically in a main story mission, or it's 'option 3 of 4' on how to get in or around somewhere. I've actually found it used more to try and present a vista by having a minor 'go here to find something' quest or as a backdrop to a cut scene. The lootable sniper rifle next to the deckchair is a bit worn though. About the only interesting thing to really find is an apartment which is obviously V's upgrade but which isn't accessible without the leg mods to boost your jump. So, for me, just a sense of yet more unfinished or partially realised, at best, content.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom