Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Danikas

Arcane
Wasn't Deus Ex: Human Revolution the same?
and what about og codex classic Deus ex 2001? Double standards much :lol:? You pick the ending with one dialogue line :lol:
You guys are cracking me up you cant complain that endings are decided by one dialogue when og deus ex is number 8 top rpg of all time on this site or you can but I will call you hypocritical bitches.

Last edited:

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
I think there's a bunch of c&c that doesn't affect the ending of the game but it still does affect the game. For example, I killed the Voodo boys after waking up and joning them after the Sasquatch boss fight. That's not reflected in that guide, that one says you become enemy of the Voodo boys if you join the cinema Netrunner. I did not, but I still faced them and killed them.

Origin

Augur
Now someone more versed in drama and all that stuff, please explain to me, why does the reddit echo chamber and all the dangerhair game journalism hate CD Projekt so much?
hype machine built up an impossible image for the game to ever meet with people expecting and wanting dumb shit like playable arcade machines and being able to go cyberbowling with your friends and thinking this was going to be GTA instead of cyberwitcher and CDPR's marketing team didn't help out on that front. Also you have a bunch of sub-80 IQ people being surprised their last gen consoles are having a tough time running current/next gen games
game definitely needed more time in the oven tho

yes yes, impossible expectations are the key. How could someone dare to expect at least one gameplay segment that is not completely broken. Can you name one, by the way?

Are they sending you sandwiches for this?

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
Even without the bugs the game is just a solid 7/10. Face it, it can't be fixed. I doubt they will fix the idiotic AI and stealth.

Mafia from 2001 had a better police system than this. What a joke.

But hey, I guess "LOOK AT DEM GRAFEEX, OOOH TITTIES AND ASS 10/10 GOTY"
Considering all the shitty systems, and ignoring all the technical issues and bugs, this game is a 5/10 at most. Literally mediocre at everything. Or even less then mediocre at times.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
https://www.powerpyx.com/cyberpunk-2077-story-choices-guide/

Before we start, it’s important to know what type of choices there are and how they work:

• Most dialogues (98%) have no impact on the story whatsoever. The vast majority of dialogue only changes the next line of dialogue and that’s it.
  • Only a very small subset of dialogues (around 2% of all dialogues) actually have any impact whatsoever. These are the choices pointed out in this guide.
  • You will always end up on the same linear story path with the same objectives and missions no matter what. Even if you go for the choices in this guide or not won’t change what missions you get. The game is much more linear than it seems.

This guide missed way too many stuffs. For example
you can still leave Jackie in the cab and still get Heroes side job. Another one is when confronting Woodman, if you finished a particular gig before, you can threaten him and walk away in peace if you don't have enough intelligence or corpo background.

Quillon

Arcane
:negative:

The more I play this game, the more similarities I find between it and Red Dead Redemption 2. Both deal with mortality and one's self value in a world that no longer needs them or deems them an empty vessel for something else. Everything about Evelyn, the conversation with the meat puppet/doll, the fact that Johnny is a fucking virus overwriting your brain, how Jackie's funeral was literally the first side mission you received before any world establishment (reminded me of how Bran Tuirseach's funeral was the first event you ran into in Skellige). Beneath the edgy outlook and glamorous tech advancement, it spins the focus back to human nature, not in an overly bleak and cruel way, but compassionating and surprisingly tender. Had the game incorporated a "humanity" meter based on how much you change body and affects your personality, it would have sent an even stronger message.

While I enjoyed RDR2's last third the most; it went against that game's DNA, you don't give a shit about half of the content in the game while the character's at that stage; like "I'm fucking dying who cares about hunting legendary animals anymore". But it paid off to be completionist in a game for once since I've already done most of the shit before TB, spent the rest of the game throwing money away to my heart's content :P

Its more fitting here tho its not as dark as RDR2.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
and what about og codex classic Deus ex 2001? Double standards much :lol:? You pick the ending with one dialogue line :lol:
You guys are cracking me up you cant complain that endings are decided by one dialogue when og deus ex is number 8 top rpg of all time on this site or you can but I will call you hypocritical bitches.
Deus Ex is actually from 2000. I remember how stricken I was that they had put the beheaded Lady Liberty in a game one year before 9/11.

res11

Novice
The only thing that actually bothered me so far is in that Panam quest
where you save Mitch. When you shoot the pilot the game doesn't acknowledge it, instead the dialogue implies that Panam is the one who shot him.

Perkel

Arcane
WTF

JUDY QUESTLINE SPOILERS
i've been doing sidequests once i reloaded game (since i decided for quicker ending) and i am finishing the one with judy. In my previous posts i talked how this game perfectly present theme that City is chewing you and and spitting you out and bam, Judy outright says that like and she has enough.

Perkel you are so full of shit.

And you are nice toilet, i think we fit each other rather well.

Gerrard

Arcane
Yes, but Deus Ex was a good game. And it didn't present you with 3 literal buttons to press, one for each ending.

Molzey75

Augur
What a half baked game...
One must admit CDPR - they wonderfully showed how heartless, cold and greedy corporations are. Their LARP is maybe even a bit to perfect.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
please explain to me, why does the reddit echo chamber and all the dangerhair game journalism hate CD Projekt so much?

Their hate is not about the game itself, but rather against CD Projekt for not bending the knee in terms of SJW politics. These journos and NPCs do find things like the game's sexualiced art and inclusion of trannies as an issue because isn't made the way they wanted. The last time I entered twitter there was people complaining and circlejerking themselves around one poster inside the game where there's a guy with a pistol on his mouth suggesting suicide. They were worried because those things aren't safe, because of course a product aimed for adults must be educational 100% of the time.

Don't get fooled. Only a few do actually care about how is the game as a game. The rest are just clowns using it as a throwing weapon for their shitty takes.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Yes, but Deus Ex was a good game. And it didn't present you with 3 literal buttons to press, one for each ending.

You should specify which one you mean, considering there is case of 4 buttons.

For those who have already finished Cyberpunk - after eight years of development, will it be remembered, at least much moar than some random Ubisoft AAA open world thing?

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane

You should specify which one you mean, considering there is case of 4 buttons.
HR was 3 buttons + 1 extra button to the side.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
index.php

did they just straight up lie here or is it more cut content? in the end she just appeared in the tutorial as a hologram and on 2 missions on the phone. i don't think you even have one real conversation with her. i wanted her to be my nubian hacker queen :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom