Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Danikas

Arcane
index.php

did they just straight up lie here or is it more cut content? in the end she just appeared in the tutorial as a hologram and on 2 missions on the phone. i don't think you even have one real conversation with her. i wanted her to be my nubian hacker queen :negative:
How can you romance a corpse? She got fried in the heist mission you can hear her dying on the comms.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
index.php

did they just straight up lie here or is it more cut content? in the end she just appeared in the tutorial as a hologram and on 2 missions on the phone. i don't think you even have one real conversation with her. i wanted her to be my nubian hacker queen :negative:
How can you romance a corpse? She got fried in the heist mission you can hear her dying on the comms.

that's what i'm saying. her just dying off screen is so lazy. especially because they showed her in that one cinematic trailer being in the same hotel room with dex when he betrayed you and i remember people speculating that you're going to be able to persuade her to not betray you and take out dex right then and there. turns out she dies off screen, there is no way to save her and dex just shoots you without you having a choice or a way to prevent that from happening.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
I got forced into combat with Woodman, perhaps because I had explored the back offices, locker room, security terminal (except his) before talking with Tom. He (and all the surviving guards) was immediately hostile upon opening his office door (after Talking to Tom and getting quest tab to negotiate with him).

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
Their hate is not about the game itself, but rather against CD Projekt for not bending the knee in terms of SJW politics. These journos and NPCs do find things like the game's sexualiced art and inclusion of trannies as an issue because isn't made the way they wanted. The last time I entered twitter there was people complaining and circlejerking themselves around one poster inside the game where there's a guy with a pistol on his mouth suggesting suicide. They were worried because those things aren't safe, because of course a product aimed for adults must be educational 100% of the time.

[snipped out pics]

Don't get fooled. Only a few do actually care about how is the game as a game. The rest are just clowns using it as a throwing weapon for their shitty takes.

It's incredibly frustrating when people yank things out of context to try and dunk on someone/something. Personally, I don't think some of the darker themes are handled particularly well at times in the game but complaining about that poster misses out that it's a direct contrast to one for women with a pistol shaped sex toy they point against their heads, and a game where there are four minor story lines with suicide as a theme /result that I can think of. It's just so low effort to focus on one thing like that. There's plenty of critique to be made of cyberpunk as a genre if you're willing to put the work in.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
index.php

that's what i'm saying. her just dying off screen is so lazy. especially because they showed her in that one cinematic trailer being in the same hotel room with dex when he betrayed you and i remember people speculating that you're going to be able to persuade her to not betray you and take out dex right then and there. turns out she dies off screen, there is no way to save her and dex just shoots you without you having a choice or a way to prevent that from happening.

They spent more money on making the cinematic trailers than Q&A.

Like, we all know trailers are giant fucking lies, but holy shit, their story trailer was just 60% of the fucking intro montage.

GOTY.

Last edited:

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
I WANT TO BELIEVE

Major Cyberpunk 2077 Patch to Arrive on December 21st, Internal GameStop Memo Claims; Will Address Most Issues
By Aernout van de Velde
Dec 17, 2020 08:51 EST
SHARE TWEET SUBMIT

A major Cyberpunk 2077 patch is said to arrive next week on December 21, according to an internal GameStop memo.

Much has been said and written about the troubled release of one of the most anticipated titles of 2020. Numerous consumers who’ve bought the game are asking for refunds due to bugs, glitches, and the overall state of the game on both the base PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. CD Projekt Red recently addressed the situation in a conference call in which it apologized for the messy console versions. In addition, the developer said that unsatisfied players could opt for a refund, although Sony and Microsoft are reportedly denying these refunds.

Doom Eternal to Deliver New Story, Battlemode Maps, Invasion Mode and More in 2021

“First of all, we would like to start by apologizing to you for not showing Cyberpunk 2077 on base last-gen consoles before it premiered and, in consequence, not allowing you to make a more informed decision about your purchase”, CD Projekt Red wrote. “We should have paid more attention to making it play better on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.”

As for patches, the developer promised that updates are inbound to address the apparent issues that players have been reporting. “Second, we will fix bugs and crashes, and improve the overall experience. The first round of updates has just been released and the next one is coming within the next 7 days.”

The exact release date of this new update hasn’t been shared just yet, but as reported by VICE, a major patch is said to release on December 21. Apparently, GameStop employees passed on an internal memo to VICE, which claims that this update will be a “major fix”.

We’ve included this memo down below, as per VICE:

"The following message is sent on behalf of our partners at CD Projekt Red."

"CDP will issue a patch on 12/21 that should be a major fix to address customers' concerns about Cyberpunk 2077. If customers are still unhappy and want to return their product, they should be directed to send an email to: helpmerefund@cdprojektred.com for reimbursement directions and refunds issued directly from CDP. The complete CDP message to Cyberpunk customers can be found here: https://en.cdprojektred.com/news/important-update/"

CD Projekt Red has yet to comment on the memo.

Cyberpunk 2077 is available globally now across PC, consoles, and Stadia.
https://wccftech.com/major-cyberpunk-2077-patch-december-21/

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Why would Gamestop be getting a message about an upcoming patch from CDPR if Gamestop are a physical vendor chain?

On the other hand, being a vendor, Gamestop has a stake in dissuading people from returning their games, including by spreading fake news about a patch just round the corner. Please guys, don't return your game yet, the "major patch" is just days away :lol:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why would Gamestop be getting a message about an upcoming patch from CDPR if Gamestop are a physical vendor chain?

On the other hand, being a vendor, Gamestop has a stake in dissuading people from returning their games, including by spreading fake news about a patch just round the corner. Please guys, don't return your game yet, the "major patch" is just days away :lol:
Don't they make huge bucks from used games sales?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

"Everything in the game will be fixed guys, just before Christmas, like a fucking miracle."

Derringer

Prophet
Will Address Most Issues
Will it magically bring back the 2/3 of the content missing from the game?
You people keep saying 'missing' when it probably never existed in the first place and you just bought a marketing lie. There still hasn't been a single video game company brought to court yet about false marketing campaigns for their software.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
"Glitches" is the gaymer term for "low-severity bug".

Don't they make huge bucks from used games sales?
Probably, though the markup should be bigger on new sales, and I imagine they also give the owner some money when he returns the game

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom