Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

CD Projekt's CYBERPUNK 2077 Release Thread - Concerned For The Consoles

Discussion in 'CD Projekt Red' started by Sam Ecorners, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Trithne Augur

Trithne
    This is why ex nihilo crafting systems are decline and should be excised like the cancer they are. Fucking Fallout 4 has a better implementation of weapon modding than CP77.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Yoomazir Novice

Yoomazir
    Fist fights were fun in Witcher 3, fist fights are not fun in Cyberpunk 2077.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Necroscope Arcane

Necroscope
    Codex 2014
    Heh, so suits from Sony carried out Red Wedding. This has to be the most spectacular reputation downfall in the history of games. From Jesus to Judas in one day.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • meh meh x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Turjan Arcane

Turjan
    To be fair, the video shows a situation that isn't typical for the game. Who dumps 20 ability points into crafting? If you do it with less than 12 ability points, you will lose materials in the process. However, what still works is that you get tons of rare components basically for free, and that still makes a lot of money. You'll probably still have to do the soft drink exploit first in order to be able to move over to the one with med kits. Now again, I think people who want to sit for hours and repeatedly press that stupid crafting button have made their choice about how to spend their lives, so I'm not really upset.

Stuff like the weird balancing between game modes are more concerning to me. If you spec for assault rifles and pour lots of ability and perk points into this type of combat, you are still inferior to a melee fighter with Body 3 (which caps the related skills accordingly) and no melee perks whatsoever.

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Koolz Novice

Koolz
    Red and I see a lot of Red! CD Project Red lost 1.8 Billion dollars.

bows down to China so they don't lose that market with selling Cyberpunk 2077.

This is a mess.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. toro Arcane

toro
    I've put 50 hours into the game (Level 39, Very Hard) but I quit before the last mission because I no longer cared about any character.

Let's start with the good parts cause they are very few: Night City, the cars, in-game cutscenes, some quests (maybe less than 5) and the atmosphere at certain moments.

Night City is massive and it looks really impressive. It's the single most important highlight of the game. Each location has an insane amount of details. The same with the cars.

Other than that every other aspect of this game is sub-par or mediocre at best: ui, movement, combat, driving, stealth, AI, exploration, itemization, crafting, skills, level-scaling, quest-design, writting and story are garbage-tier.

UI is designed for consoles but I cannot phantom someone which likes to press a button 20 times to dissemble 20 weapons each 10 minutes or to manually scroll through dozens of shards.

Movement is clunky which is simply unacceptable after "8 years" of development. If you cannot implement proper fluid movement then you have no business with fps games.

There is something fundamentally wrong with the character's animations outside of in-game cut-scenes. These issue are very noticeable when you sneak on stairs.

Combat is a mess. It's very hard to aim when everyone is moving in bizarre ways. I gave up on this shit and I went for smart weapons.

Driving is competent. I actually enjoyed it but at the same time the cars feel very floaty for some reason.

Stealth is retarded. I got the implant "slow time on detection" and I could basically run while crouched all over the places. Also there are only two animations for stealthy taking down enemies.

AI is non-existent, in combat or otherwise. While racing the AI cheats by teleporting behind you. I suspect the enemies don't have any AI for driving and everything is scripted (probably manually).

Exploration is garbage because most locations are generic and a couple of them are even reused. Also the game overwhelms the player with quests soon after the world opens up.

Itemization is bad. Each 5 minutes you get a weapon which is better than what you have. That's why I specialized in crafting asap and I could use the same legendary weapons for the last 5 levels.

Crafting is as simple as it can be but the upgrade system is bullshit because the required resources increase dramatically after 1 or 2 upgrades.

Most perks are useless while others are must-have. I specialized in critical damage with rifles and my sniper was doing 100k+ damage per shot because stacking multiple x% is a sign of decline or retarded game designer. Funny thing: Sasquatch went down in one hit from my sniper rifle. I reloaded and I let her live.

There is a secret leveling up based on your main level. You get to a location and you cannot do shit because your weapon is doing 1% damage pet hit. You fuck around in the world, you gain 5 levels, but you don't upgrade any combat skills and suddenly you are doing 20% damage per hit.

Level-scaling is the same imbecilic system from TW3.

Quest-design is a let down. It's true that there are not many fedex quests but at the same time most quests are just pointless kill/steal quests.

The writing is simply not mature enough for a cyberpunk game. The game feels like it was written by edgy teenagers without any real life experience.

Story is mediocre at best. Somebody had a hard on for subverting your expectation pointless betrayal and revenge tropes. Also strong independent women.

That's about it. The game is fucked because its design is fucked. There is no way CDPR will be able to fix this mess.

It's more like a 4/10 or 20 potatoes game. Nice for sight seeing but that's about it. I had more fun with Fallout 4 than this crap.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    • Brofist x 6
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 6
    • Informative x 4
    • Participation Award x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • thumbs down x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. res11 Novice

res11
    Fist fights in Witcher 3 were completely braindead lol. I literally went through THE WHOLE GAME and won all the fist fighting challenges without getting hit even once, using just block and punch, rinse and repeat.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Balanced Balanced x 2
    • cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Tyranicon A Memory of Eternity Developer

Tyranicon
    I love how they implemented detailed scopes yet all of them except maybe 2 are hot garbage.

Just as in real life, rather just have the factory iron sights.

^ Top  
  9. blessed king of longing Educated

blessed king of longing
    Allowing blanket refunds for the PC version would be retarded, since it plays amazingly compared to older consoles

• retadred retadred x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. RobotSquirrel Learned

RobotSquirrel
    100% right. This will become the new norm.
    It's more enjoyable to develop games than it is to play them now. You still have to wait sure but at least you know what you've got and where its going if you trust a studio you have no idea if the studio is just going to jump ship and run. They're treating AAA development like Kickstarter now, it is so pathetic.

AAA just isn't worth it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. blessed king of longing Educated

blessed king of longing
    Ah yes... loved having to spend hours looking for adhesive to even add mods to my guns.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Turjan Arcane

Turjan
    I think the GOG version of the game has a blanket refund policy, anyway. Theoretically you can play the game for 30 days (or one less) and then refund it.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Black Arcane

Black
    Blanket refunds to up to 14 days is what Europe has been founded on.

^ Top  
  14. Frank Capicoli Prophet

Frank Capicoli
    https://game-updates.info/cyberpunk2077?3
    It's a fashion statement.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • incline incline x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • That's an Elephant That's an Elephant x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Trans-Financial-Man Erudite

Trans-Financial-Man
    Fuckin hell, If I had 8 years to work on a game I'd work on it for like an hour or two a day. And I could probably still get more done than was actually done with the release version of Cyberpunk. Those devs can shut the fuck up about Crunch and blame management all they want. THEY HAD 8 YEARS! THEY HAD ALL THE FUCKING TIME IN THE WORLD! AND THEY FUCKED IT! It's their fault, it's managments fault for not managing time and direction properly, and it's gamers fault for lapping that shit up and making excuses for them.

Crunch wouldn't happen in games if they actually hired competent people to manage their staff. Crunch is a result of failure by management. And an extra 8 hours a day at 150% would cause any other dev to weep with joy at how blessed they were. Try working an 18 hour day every day, no weekends on maybe an extra 20% overtime. Now that's exploitative. CDPR are Bourgeoisies in comparison. Man fuck this company and the dregs of polish society inside it. It's up to the slavs here to invalidate CDPR's slav cards. I know you guys can work harder than that when provided with enough booze, cigarettes and ammunition.

• Brofist x 3
    • Prestigious x 2
    • WTF am I reading x 2
    • retadred x 2
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • No x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Shit x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Semiurge Savant

Semiurge
    It's reality right now.

Mainstream media has indeed been hyping CP77 without criticism. Video games rarely get this sort of reception from them, and we can see why CP77 did now - it represents the next step of a cultural revolution. It answers a certain need. A precise demonstration of a world after liberal values have shaped it, crafted by liberals themselves. This is how the mainstream media sees it as, and advertises it so.

It's certainly easier to rebuild after annihilation than try to steer the course of "progress" without the wisdom and means of a singular power. Once certain doors are opened, they can't be shut again. We are at that phase now, the unavoidable outcomes are on the horizon, but this train must crash and burn.

You are referring to the rights given to women in the name of capitalistic gains? It's not that simple, even if women and all assorted minorities couldn't vote or work, the west still caters to the weak, and that essentially makes the west itself weak. Human societies lack the nature's equivalent of selection where the weakest are culled, and strong survive. Nature never gives you anything that you couldn't take yourself. Human societies are built on safetywebs that enable the weak to live on unchanged.

Truth be told, the things that women are traditionally put on pedestals for, are actually not that high status. They are things that require no higher thought, only a working body. We westerners have always valued intellect and freedom above all else, after all. Being a doting wife and a mother essentially locks women out of selfish interests and society, and here we arrive at the other reason why women have always coveted masculine lifestyles and positions of power - because they were forbidden. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Once there's a female candidate worth voting for, then who knows. They're just the same as the men, players who will lie and sell out if it means some personal gain in the future. And often, women in politics rise to power from questionable parties (If your country has more than two major ones, lol) that often offer the people bumbling, inexperienced morons who can be sacrificed later for the good of the party. A woman makes for a perfect candidate for humanistic political platforms, everyone assumes that they are honest in regards to humanistic aims.

That and, we humans are a patriarchal species still, no matter how this fact is whitewashed. Strenght, which we look for in a leader, and ambition, are synonymous with masculinity. Empathy and an ear to the weak and downtrodden are feminine. The western political landscape has become more feminine than masculine of late, and it is the delicate balance between them that should be preserved.

Well of course she is, from a hetero male's perspective. She's a nympho :D

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Yoomazir Novice

Yoomazir
    True, but at least they weren't a mess, with your opponent teleporting and rubberbanding.

^ Top  
  18. Fenix Prophet Vatnik

Fenix
    No, setting is not about this. Replacing genitals only has somehtig common with asylums, not transhumanis and implants and future.
    Being able to do something doesn't mean you have to do it.
    The sooner you will understand that, the sooner you realize the hoax.

Yeah, pal, homosezuals just borned like that, and propaganda definitely doesn't work, sure.
    You are dumb on that, I see.

I see. The serch for those who played with disgust through this epichal game-warning continues.
    Strangely, somehow - people have positive experience and impression, (besides bugs and not beig interested in shallow game mechanics).
    I suspect this is how actual world work.

It's not, because consciousness isn't a 2 sided coin. In animal world for example, teaching happen in form of game.

Someyhing like that yeah.

• /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. KeighnMcDeath RPG Codex Boomer

KeighnMcDeath
    Cyberpunk 2077 ... almost made me doubletake in the freezer section.

[​IMG]the pizza is ok... the game I won't touch.

^ Top  
  20. Silverfish Learned

Silverfish
    Honestly, from what I've been seeing around, combat looks like a piece of piss unless you're specifically handicapping yourself.

Between hanging back and letting poison do the work,

The "Adam Jensen",

Or big dick weeb energy,

Combat seems like the most bearable part of the game, for the most part.

• Despair Despair x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    did you watch "urusei yatsura" too?

wrong.
    all you had to do was input a console command and you were golden.

2) you can
    6) you can

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    • retadred retadred x 1
    • what? what? x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Zer0wing Cipher

Zer0wing
    The key to understanding this dilemma is to acknowledge that yes indeed they spend the good chunk of 2012-2016 on not working on this game. No idea if they threw the old concept of just rewrote it to add more characters and fluff from source material and keep less mechanics from the same source tho. But they did in fact, moved all their (foreign) hires onto Twitcher 3 very late and it is a management fuck up and no one else's. They should have written design docs by that critical time to slowly ramp up production in late 2015 as they were "preparing tools for Cyberpunk" at that timeframe, not having the one even in a draft form is a colossal fuck up and unwarranted self-importance of Adam Badowski taking over the leading role on this game is colossal fuck up number 2 because this male bodytype (not gonna waste a proud sounding word "man" here so liberally) doesn't know what he wants out of it like a woman who doesn't know what dress to use tonight. Despite the fact that producer's job is too keep the final image of the product in his head and stick to it.

^ Top  
  23. Fenix Prophet Vatnik

Fenix
    Stalin was - simple people loved him. But of course you know better.

• retadred x 6
    • Brofist x 1
    • incline x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • cuck x 1
    • coof x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. gurugeorge Magister

gurugeorge
    There is an equivalent of evoultion to some degree. As someone said, "our ideas die in our stead." But I agree that the growth of populations with high mutational load as a result of lack of natural culling is a problem, although it's one all civlizations face. It's probably the main engine of the "rise and fall" of them. But there's a governor effect ("Bad times make strong men, strong men make good times ..." etc., etc.).

Disagree, and I think you've unconsciously swallowed some of the Feminist propaganda. Motherhood is respected in traditional societies because it's the way the tribe perpetuates itself through time, which is THE most important factor of all, without which nothing else is possible. Also, women have never aspired to masculinity. Who needs all that responsibility? A few, sure, but they're outliers. The sexes are a division of labour arising out of biological facts (the relative rarity and preciousness of ova, the relative abundance and cheapness of sperm), but that just means both male and female psychology are built around that. If anybody's oppressed by traditional systems, it's both sexes, although they bear different kinds of burdens.

The over-valuing of "intellect" and "freedom" are precisely part of the cuckery (in the broadest sense, not just re. Feminism). Individualism (and freedom and intellect) can be valuable to a society, but also a dangerous vice. Instinct and intuition are better guides in the long run, although they are such only because of evolution, which comes at a tremendous cost over the millennia. For example the instinct and intuition that makes alpha males beat nerds like us and take our lunch money is evolutionarily proper: there are more ways of missing a target than of hitting it, and the tribe is (on the whole) far better off following the traditional ways that have led to its present survival, than going off after the harebrained schemes of autistic "geniuses." That only changes with a big society, nation-sized, where genius can be filtered via institutional habits and turned to useful account (useful to the ethnic group, it's survival and flourishing, even dominance).

• Brofist x 4
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 3
    • No x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Fenix Prophet Vatnik

Fenix
    There another possibility - it could be actually profitable for them.
    Millions of gamers played CP2077 and realized - their PS4/xbawks console is as old and shit as dinosaur turd.
    SONY and MS didn't lost any money on this - but sent powerful message instead - BUY NEW CONSOLES NOW.
    Not my thought sadly, stole it.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.