Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It'll always be available on the high seas.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
While it was mentioned, that save file size larger than 6mb can cause corruption - precisely when it goes above 8mb (from 6 to 8 mb it just long load time), I have seen claims that CRAFTING bloats save file size... so, crafting for money is restricted for now lol.

Last edited:

Xeon

Augur
I think the GOG post said for those who used duplication crafting or something so hopefully it doesn't effect everyone. I am gonna be pissed if I lost my playthrough since I am already getting burned out.

Dexter

Arcane
While it was mentioned, that save file size larger than 6mb can cause corruption - precisely when it goes above 8mb, I have seen claims that CRAFTING blaots safe file size... so, crafting for money is restricted for now lol.
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/save-files-are-corrupted.11052596/#post-12421034
Did some testing on what I experienced caused issues - crafting. Long post, TLDR at the bottom. Also going to open a ticket with this info to see if that can gain more exposure. Btw I'm not an IT professional so not sure if any of this even matters in the end, just using slightly logical testing.

- Starting file size - 7,965KB.
- Total item/upgrade components - 87,409.
- Money - 148,288
- Level - 33
- Crafting level - 18 (max xp for that level)

Test 1: After loading in, I immediately opened my inventory and dropped every item I could out of my inventory and saved. File size reduced by 2KB to 7,963KB. Picking the items back up and saving reduced the file size by an additional 14KB to 7,949KB. Repeating these steps, dropping items again decreased file size by 2KB to 7,947KB. However picking the items up increased file size by 2KB this time, back to 7,949KB. I then crafted 39 weapons (Ashura - 15 rare, 15 epic, 1 legendary), this decreased file size by 158KB to 7,791KB. Dropping just those crafted weapons decreased file size by 2KB again and picking them up increased by 2KB.

Results - Inconclusive but a good starting point. The first reduction of 14KB when picking items up could have been caused by items being deleted when dropped(?). Spending materials seems to be a good way to decrease size.

Test 2: Reloaded original save size of 7,965KB. Crafting the Ashuras (37 this time due to perk proc, which did not change the amount of materials used) reduced file size again 158KB. This could indicate that the materials used amounted to the same reduction and the variation of amount crafted did not have a noticeable impact (wrong...), however it was only 2 less crafts. Dropping and picking up resulted in the same 2KB decrease/increase.

Results - Inconclusive but now let's look at drawing down materials.

Test 3: Reloaded original save size of 7,965KB. I crafted approx 3k MaxDox MK.3 (9 common, 3 uncommon) to draw down item component count. Ended with around 50k in total components, approx 36k reduction. I saved after the craft was done and my file size was at the max 8,192KB. I dropped the 3k that I crafted, saved, still 8,192KB. Finally, sold to drop box, waited two days for drop box to clear it's inventory, saved and still hitting the 8,192KB file size. All are saves are corrupted.

Results - ...wtf

Test 4: Reloaded original save size of 7,965KB. Instead of doing a lot of crafting, lets upgrade legendary items to draw down everything at once with not a lot of interactions. Upgraded legendary weapon until legendary items were empty as was done in test 2 with the Ashura crafting (29 legendary item component was the limiting factor). This reduced every item and upgrade component count, file size at 7,800KB, about in line with crafting the Ashura. Let's get rid of more rare and epic materials then since legendary was depleted. Crafting 50 epic headgear pieces (12 uncommon, 9 rare, 15 epic) resulted in a file size of 7,821KB, 21KB increase. Let's try crafting legendary item components to go back to upgrading then. Crafted 25 Legendary crafting components, upgraded various items until depleted, file size now at 7,834KB, 13KB increase.

Final results - No clue and I wasted more time. I could do more testing but I think this is enough for anyone in the same boat of "How can I fix this" to just not waste time and wait for an official response.

TLDR -Removing items from inventory (dropping) barely decreased file size. Crafting and upgrading legendary weapons to reduce components was a slight help. Lot's of crafting interaction increased file size. Inconclusive, so might be best to wait for official response instead of wasting time trying to fix if not IT Professional.

https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/ar...d-cannot-be-loaded-?product=gog&as=1649904300
Cyberpunk 2077 - Saved data is damaged and cannot be loaded.

Unfortunately the save is damaged and can't be recovered.
Please use an older save file to continue playing and try to keep a lower amount of items and crafting materials.
If you have used the item duplication glitch, please load a save file not affected by it.
The save file size limit might be increased in one of the future patches, but the corrupted files will remain that way.

Save_damaged.png

Was this article helpful? 2 out of 58 found this helpful

Last edited by a moderator:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Use smart weapons. They are the equivalent of "Win button". It's the only thing that made the combat bearable.
Hacking can allow you evade almost all armed combat, but it requires you to upgrade your cyberware and quickhacks, in addition to increasing your intelligence ability score and selecting useful perks in the subsidiary breach protocol and quickhacking skill trees.

CDPR stole the backstory for Cyberpunk 2077 from the Cyberpunk 2013 Welcome to Night City sourcebook, but they couldn't be bothered to implement anything from the RPG ruleset. :M
Lengthy text and spoilers below the fold.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The business model is now just letting the world beta test your game for "free."

I've honestly had extremely few bugs. Bethesda games are far buggier, and even with those I think the bugs are exaggerated. Maybe my standards are different because of all the Eurojank we play, I dunno, but really a handful of invisible chairs and floating cigarettes are the worst I've seen in 30 hours.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
So berserk implant is garbage? You lose all access to hacking, gives you 10sec of +10% to stuff, with massive cooldown, so most likely you use it once per fight. What a waste of time.

+10% to this and that, so happy this is where game design is at now...
It has one BIG benefit: when you activate it and swing a melee weapon it levels up your athletic real fast, and you don't need to hit a target for it

Well fuck me thats amazing. Athletics levels up hilariously slowly doing normal running, jumping, melee.

With berserk its like half a level per activation...

Its that Polish BALANCE again. :shittydog:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Stuff like the weird balancing between game modes are more concerning to me. If you spec for assault rifles and pour lots of ability and perk points into this type of combat, you are still inferior to a melee fighter with Body 3 (which caps the related skills accordingly) and no melee perks whatsoever.
Nah, grab a precision rifle, get the eye cyberware mod that allow you to see anyone that detected you and just murder the entire game by shooting dudes on their balls through walls, through the roofs and the floors, that is way more efficient than running around meleeing. Also, have that legendary sniper rifle with tracking bullets when you need to murder anyone at far without any chance of retaliation and no need of good aiming whatsoever. Actually this game is so easy that you can murder anyone with impunity with anything.

DeepOcean

Arcane
The business model is now just letting the world beta test your game for "free."

I've honestly had extremely few bugs. Bethesda games are far buggier, and even with those I think the bugs are exaggerated. Maybe my standards are different because of all the Eurojank we play, I dunno, but really a handful of invisible chairs and floating cigarettes are the worst I've seen in 30 hours.
I got stuck inside Panam's head while her eye balls floated in front on the camera on a scripted section, it isnt exactly game breaking but it wasnt an experience I wish to go through again.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
These Hotfix Patchnotes are funny to see how much was broken, likely still scratching the surface here: https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37166/hotfix-1-05

Yup. Reading patch notes, hope they've gone a bit further than just the very specific 'persistency of the crosshairs on screen'. I'm finding saves increasingly glitchy for related problems as they reach or pass the end gating quest. Like huge blocks of transparent black background from dialogue or even icons from the environment. Seem to persist on the actual save too, so doesn't clear on reload, which is not wonderful. Know this is also something which is crossplatform. See whether they have when they release on Steam whenever for PC.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Remember that one streamler-gurl who got g-chair from CDPR, and found image of herself in game?
Also she did voiceover for some NPC (Iris Tanner) in some quest.
With a timestamp.
After initial talk with NPC she skips it, and next interaction is at 3:18:28.

Last edited:

Xeon

Augur
Delamain Junior is such a let down. I thought the car was special and maybe could drive me around on its own or something so it will act kinda like an advance fast travel or something but its just seems like a normal car.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Stuff like the weird balancing between game modes are more concerning to me. If you spec for assault rifles and pour lots of ability and perk points into this type of combat, you are still inferior to a melee fighter with Body 3 (which caps the related skills accordingly) and no melee perks whatsoever.
Nah, grab a precision rifle, get the eye cyberware mod that allow you to see anyone that detected you and just murder the entire game by shooting dudes on their balls through walls, through the roofs and the floors, that is way more efficient than running around meleeing. Also, have that legendary sniper rifle with tracking bullets when you need to murder anyone at far without any chance of retaliation and no need of good aiming whatsoever. Actually this game is so easy that you can murder anyone with impunity with anything.

Did people complain Witcher was to hard? Cos it seems like "smart" bullets and shooting through walls is close to using a console cheat mode.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Saw this refund kerfuffle on BBC news yesterday.

Travelled down to high wycombe for christmas and there's ads for it festooned all over buses and trains. The marketing spend must have been enormous.

Proper fuck up.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
My gigs are totally broken. The fixers will call and complete the previous gig, then when I do a new one, they will open that one, leaving a bunch of quests infinitely uncompleted. It's fucking annoying. I'm just not going to play until they fix it. It's a known issue as a bunch of other people have the same problem.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom