Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Xeon

Augur
Does anyone know what's the max level? or better yet how many attributes can you max?

Are there any timed quests? Some quests say its important to meet tonight or something but I have shit to do elsewhere. So far I only failed one quest, which is Happy Together neighbor or something.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
1.05 patch seems to have lowered draw distance even on "high" setting. Noticing a lot more pop in, and I barely noticed any before. Driving feels a lot more smooth, so I'm guessing these two things are related. Otherwise performance is roughly the same in my experience.

I'm also pretty sure they toned down the post processing film effects like chromatic aberration, which is a bummer as I thought this was the first game ever they looked good in due to matching the Blade Runner aesthetic.

Don't worry bro, I am sure there will be some heinous eye-bleeding ENB for that soon enough.

Agree with you though, this is the first game I have ever run with those effects toggled on.

Still desperately needs a mod for much longer nights and higher frequency on rain/fog. The default blue sky sunny day makes everything look washed out and shitty.

I mean shit, its called Night City, and the actual period of darkness is about 4 or 5 hours...

Yosharian

Arcane
I requested a refund with Steam after having played 25 hours. I like the game enough that I'll definitely buy it and play it, say, a year from now, but I'm not fucking with it now.

Requesting a refund to my steam wallet with 25 hours of playtime is a ballsy gambit. Will it pay off? I doubt it. I don't need the money or anything, I just decided I'm going to wait to play the game until it's in a better state so I thought I might as well try to get a refund to send a message.

Honest question, what problems are you having? I'm amazed how smooth my experience has been considering how many people are complaining.
My main problem is that the game isn't finished

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I mean shit, its called Night City, and the actual period of darkness is about 4 or 5 hours...

The game definitely looks way better at night or dawn/dusk. I guess they thought they'd get complaints if they only had one time of day, but honestly I doubt it.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
So, people were posting their Vs a bit ago. Here's mine at a point when I had a decent outfit.
myV.jpg

Also, those three story progression bars at the top of the journal...I thought they were, like, Johnny/Rogue's questline, Takemura's, and...the third one. Evelyn's/Judy's/Etc. I've been trying to do all three in relative tandem, but after doing all that, recognition is at 45%, and the other two have been sitting at about 10 since forever.

Am I doing something wrong? Do those progress in some other way?
Looks like Adam Sandler.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I recently came across something that encapsulates the game's unfinished state. There's a large industrial complex you can find if you wander around slightly on the outskirts of the city,
called "Impala Automatics"
and upon approach the police give you an alert about
it not having paid its rent and refusing a court order
, so it's got to be taken down by any means necessary. It feels, on approach, like a nice reward for going out of one's way and exploring that area. One's anticipation builds.

It's a fairly sizeable mini-quest that's a bit tricky, but combat-wise it's fun, and in particular it has plenty of scope for lots of hacking via security cameras (though of course one could have approached it in assault mode, but the char I was playing at that point is more of a hacker/stealth type). I had a great time carefully taking down
lots of robots and the staff wandering around
via security camera hacking, which thinned out the mobs there quite nicely. It even had
a couple of giant robots
in the main building.

It has a bit of backstory that you can read on computer screens there, but it isn't nearly fleshed-out enough for the trouble it gives you. For the size of the complex, and its placement as an obvious exploration reward, one expects more. There are also two buildings that are "blank" (locked) where you'd expect to find juicy details and info about what went wrong. The setup is all there for a nice mini-quest, and the combat is fun, but the payoff in terms of lore just isn't there.

One very much gets the impression that it's a half-finished job.

ChildInTime

Learned
This is not a hero power fantasy self-insert as in 99% of rpgs. Can anyone give me another example where an RPG made you feel so powerless against your own inevitable demise no matter how much you thrash against your fate?
150087-planescape-torment-windows-front-cover.png
I don't quite agree with that.

In Planescape: Torment you WANT to kill yourself, because the alternative is worse than death. And the whole game, right from the beginning, is more or less a testament of the initial Chosen One being successful in cheating death (and creating the whole mess).
By the way, it's also not a very challenging game, in the sense that you can't really lose, because you're literally immortal and there is no penalty for death in game.
I mean, the theme is the same - no matter how much you struggle, your fate is sealed one way or the other. Although I guess Zen Master has something to say about that.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Wonder if Mike Pondsmith is angry at the whole situation with the console release and all the shit that comes with it? Worried that it hurt the Cyberpunk brand name?

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Wonder if Mike Pondsmith is angry at the whole situation with the console release and all the shit that comes with it? Worried that it hurt the Cyberpunk brand name?

It got the brand recognition but people's idea behind who is responsible for the mess remains with CDPR.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
I'm even not sure game has noire elements. Not that I expert on noire genre - for me game's plot seems like typical revenge kid of plotline, with all the Arasaka and all. Is it typical for nore at all? Visuals of course, but it's secondary, and mostly for films, I'm not sure these are used in literature original source.

P.S. Been wanting to read Dashiell Hammett's The Maltese Falcon for long time, but couldn't find it in net on Russian sadly.

Yeah, know what you mean as there's a fair few side quests on that theme. Not saying the whole game is film noir, just that there are nods to it there. I'm thinking of two of the extended side quest lines in particular. Can't remember names of the quests so on spoiler.
Lizzy Wizzy as ingame 'nightclub singer' (Grimes sings as Lizzy in game, and fair amount of fluff scattered in game about 'Lizzy Wizzy and the Metadwarves' on tour) and femme fatale fearing her husband will 'kill' her, and there's a police quest line where you're asked to be the detective from outside the NCPD to find out what happened to the Mayor - being found dead in a BDSM club is very strong echo of 'A Long Tomorrow' even as much as it's now a cliche.

Red Harvest is an interesting read by Hammett too as something you can see has been quite influential on various worlds later on.

Xeon

Augur
I don't understand how BDs work but couldn't V just take Jackie's memories and just release it in BD or something? He was there hiding and saw the whole thing.

Also that heist thing felt kinda off, Jackie didn't do anything reckless but suddenly everyone acting like we went gung ho guns blazing. Bitch no one saw me except for the plane that forced me to slide off the building.

Edit:
Man, I am dumb, Eveline made a BD when she was safe and sound even so V probably could have made one on hos own or something, unless you needed to prepare or something but then again in the first BD, I doubt the gangster prepeared to shoot a show or something.

ChildInTime

Learned
I don't understand how BDs work but couldn't V just take Jackie's memories and just release it in BD or something? He was there hiding and saw the whole thing.

Also that heist thing felt kinda off, Jackie didn't do anything reckless but suddenly everyone acting like we went gung ho guns blazing. Bitch no one saw me except for the plane that forced me to slide off the building.

Edit:
Man, I am dumb, Eveline made a BD when she was safe and sound even so V probably could have made one on hos own or something, unless you needed to prepare or something but then again in the first BD, I doubt the gangster prepeared to shoot a show or something.
Evelyn has a BD cyberware installed on her. V and Jackie don't, simple as that.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected

panam also has a non retarded haircut and more importantly she has this

i honestly don't know why i was simping so hard for judy before. i think i got fooled by her cute face, now i've seen the light. you just got to readjust your priorities with women sometimes. a valueable lesson learned thanks cdpr.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

I believe you have to have a special device (called a "BD roller") installed in your cyberware that records your experience.

The principle is that it records everything you experience through your senses, as well as your emotions, and (so the story goes) your senses take in much more than you're consciously aware of, hence the possibility of BD analysis. But because it only records what your senses are receiving in your vicinity, it has that limited range when you're in analysis mode.

It's a cool idea, but I don't think the senses actually work like that. For example with vision, the eyes only actually see a tiny area, but the brain builds up an impression of a visual field from lots of tiny samples taken in quick succession and compared with expectations. (There are some deep debates about this, whether the brain "fills in" the missing stuff or it's just left as a "seems like" impression, but the general idea is that the impression we have of a visual field laid out in front of us is something of an illusion - not that it's wrong, actually hopefully it's an illusion that's actually representative of reality. But it's not something fully experienced in the way we think it is - and it's therefore not recordable by anything.)

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Lmao someone on Steam is complaining that Keanu ruined the game because they spent most of the game's budget on him.:lol: Wtf is wrong with people?
He's probably right.

How he could be rigth lol, if that clearly is case of mismanaged - if wenot touching my thoiry about it being intentional?
Do you really thik that additional couple of millios of dollareedoos would change the game drastically?
Management is shit.

They axed a lot of content just to squeeze Keanu in.

Exactly, they, not he.

I think the GOG post said for those who used duplication crafting or something so hopefully it doesn't effect everyone. I am gonna be pissed if I lost my playthrough since I am already getting burned out.
I had thousands of crafting components and dozens of weapons on me (no carry weight trainer) and my endgame save was only 4mb at nearly 50 hours. THere's no way these people with corrupt saves didnt have inordinate amounts of items on them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom