Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
NEVER SKIP LEG DAY

Robber Baron

Savant
When it looks good, it looks downright :obviously:

It's the most beautiful and detailed sci-fi world since CoD: Infinite Warfare and IW is a corridor shooter while this is a go where you want to go freeroam ffs

20201219004437-1.jpg

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
It's pretty, and it knows it.

2020-12-15-6.png

Is it my eyes or has 1.05 changed the graphics on PC too a bit? Seems different, less eye-strainy for me at times. But not sure if it's just own perception and/or other factors outside of game. Performance is marginally better for my 1600x but even a bit smoother is nice as wouldn't expect too much else being GPU bound at 1440p.

kangaxx

Arbiter
I requested a refund with Steam after having played 25 hours. I like the game enough that I'll definitely buy it and play it, say, a year from now, but I'm not fucking with it now.

Requesting a refund to my steam wallet with 25 hours of playtime is a ballsy gambit. Will it pay off? I doubt it. I don't need the money or anything, I just decided I'm going to wait to play the game until it's in a better state so I thought I might as well try to get a refund to send a message.

You can finish the game in 25 hours... I'd be amazed if they let you refund it. Neither would I blame them for refusing.

Danikas

Arcane
Did they just downgrade the game with the new patch :lol:? Lod got fucked hard even on the highest settings (and there is no easy ini edits like in the twitcher cause everything is hidden) Im done with this game see guys you when goty edition comes out with tons of mods (if they dont ban them). I had almost 0 pop in on 1.04 now shit is materializing before my eyes they are adding more trash to the fire :hahano:

Pegultagol

Erudite
Hmm...I was doing some stealth in one of the missions in a warehouse, got caught, flatlined. Reloading to previous quicksave made during non-aggro state loads me directly into combat situation. It hearkened to some RNG baked situation in turn based games that prevents save-scumming. Well, I could go guns blazing but it could be a bit too difficult or too much to bother or both, and would really break the immersion...this game really knows how to drag a player's esteem and expectations in shit-caked mud.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Yeah, after experimenting with some stuff I reached the conclusion that the netrunner build (20 int, a few perks in breach and all perks in quickhacking, 20 technical ability which is basically lockpicking) is the stealth build of this game. Taking out enemies with quickhacks while being undetected gives points to stealth as well. So this was their vision with this game. Full combat with guns or melee weapons, or hacking that also includes stealth but you don't need to put a single point into cool or any of its perks. They wanted to recreate the Watch Dogs hacking playstyle. Or any combination of the above.
But the netrunner build is something else and is enjoyable. Stay outside the restricted areas and kill enemies with various quickhacks.
Somehow though overheat which is just spontaneous combustion is considered non lethal even though enemies clearly don't move afterwards, like at all. Short circuit also non lethal even though you fry their brains out. Contagion which is poison, also non lethal. Sticking a cyberware mod in your eye makes all your guns non lethal. I'm not sure if it applies to melee weapons as well. Would be weird having a non lethal katana.
Using the netrunner build you can easily kill bosses and play the entire game without using any weapon at all. You don't even need one in your inventory. Using the correct quickhacks against the various weaknesses of enemies deals extra damage combined with all the other perks in breach and quickhack skills.
Even though short circuit seems to do highest damage, it's actually overheat that spreads and actually takes out enemies, including the ones that have a higher resistance to fire than electricity.

just

Liturgist
Yeah, after experimenting with some stuff I reached the conclusion that the netrunner build (20 int, a few perks in breach and all perks in quickhacking, 20 technical ability which is basically lockpicking) is the stealth build of this game. Taking out enemies with quickhacks while being undetected gives points to stealth as well. So this was their vision with this game. Full combat with guns or melee weapons, or hacking that also includes stealth but you don't need to put a single point into cool or any of its perks. They wanted to recreate the Watch Dogs hacking playstyle. Or any combination of the above.
But the netrunner build is something else and is enjoyable. Stay outside the restricted areas and kill enemies with various quickhacks.
Somehow though overheat which is just spontaneous combustion is considered non lethal even though enemies clearly don't move afterwards, like at all. Short circuit also non lethal even though you fry their brains out. Contagion which is poison, also non lethal. Sticking a cyberware mod in your eye makes all your guns non lethal. I'm not sure if it applies to melee weapons as well. Would be weird having a non lethal katana.
Using the netrunner build you can easily kill bosses and play the entire game without using any weapon at all. You don't even need one in your inventory. Using the correct quickhacks against the various weaknesses of enemies deals extra damage combined with all the other perks in breach and quickhack skills.
Even though short circuit seems to do highest damage, it's actually overheat that spreads and actually takes out enemies, including the ones that have a higher resistance to fire than electricity.
hack into the camera
upload contagion
mission cleared

Child of Malkav

Erudite
hack into the camera
upload contagion
mission cleared
Not exactly that easy but around that. I had more success with overheat. And I encountered very few enemies who had chemical (poison) weakness.

just

Liturgist
hack into the camera
upload contagion
mission cleared
Not exactly that easy but around that. I had more success with overheat. And I encountered very few enemies who had chemical (poison) weakness.
it's a fun build. you're a fucking beast after few perks and the right deck.

Mintbarbecue

Novice
Still it's so funny CDPR managed to destroy their good will and reputation in one fell swoop.
Even EA/Bioware needed like 2-3 games and a few years for that.
They sure will be remembered in the history of gaming just probably not how they imagined.

Also on a side note they keep censoring the game patch after patch(yeah I know about the genital clipping issues) not just that but overall nudity in the game.
Those X stickers on tits are so ugly and also censoring some of the adverts/posters in game.
Now it's not like i want to see dicks left and right in the game, but wasn't one of the selling points of the game sex/nudity etc...???
This is more a question of principle, how ironic that they still keep cutting stuff instead of adding to the game. Also anyone mentioning it on their officiall forums gets their post deleted :positive:
Also not sure why remove the console on PC other than to hinder modding (those free DLCs maybe not so free after all?)

Still it's so funny CDPR managed to destroy their good will and reputation in one fell swoop.
They sure will be remembered in the history of gaming just probably not how they imagined.

Also on a side note they keep censoring the game patch after patch(yeah I know about the genital clipping issues) not just that but overall nudity in the game.
Those X stickers on tits are so ugly and also censoring some of the adverts/posters in game.
Now it's not like i want to see dicks left and right in the game, but wasn't one of the selling points of the game sex/nudity etc...???
This is more a question of principle, how ironic that they still keep cutting stuff instead of adding to the game. Also anyone mentioning it on their officiall forums gets their post deleted :positive:
Also not sure why remove the console on PC other than to hinder modding (those free DLCs maybe not so free after all?)
Yes the NPC nudity censorship is very real. There's a thread on Loverslab where ppl are sharing screenshots.

Danikas

Arcane

Yeah its not only me who is seeing the downgrade wtf are those tards doing I cant even xD, why the fuck do they mess with high lod options it was working great on my 4 year old computer and reomoving console on pc is to hinder modding 100%.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1091500/discussions/0/4477106086843618785/

kangaxx

Arbiter
Hmm...I was doing some stealth in one of the missions in a warehouse, got caught, flatlined. Reloading to previous quicksave made during non-aggro state loads me directly into combat situation. It hearkened to some RNG baked situation in turn based games that prevents save-scumming. Well, I could go guns blazing but it could be a bit too difficult or too much to bother or both, and would really break the immersion...this game really knows how to drag a player's esteem and expectations in shit-caked mud.

Pretty sure that's a bug rather than design. I never had that happen, although I encountered hundreds of other bugs throughout my playthrough.

msxyz

Augur
I had thousands of crafting components and dozens of weapons on me (no carry weight trainer) and my endgame save was only 4mb at nearly 50 hours. THere's no way these people with corrupt saves didnt have inordinate amounts of items on them.
Loot around Night CIty is random but it's position is not. In addition to that it, doesn't respawn so the savegame remembers when something has been picked up. I restarted the game and, so far, I'm postponing playing the main quest. I'm stuck in Watson combing street by street and doing all side quests, while exploring for all the secret 'loot' CDPR left around (I'm using the guide to find stuff in places I doubt somebody would think about exploring). I'm almost done with Watson and Kabuki, meaning that I'll finally need to go pay a visit to Dex and board his limo. Savegame is already around 2.5MB, so I think I'm going to hit that limit even if I don't craft a single item (which I haven't till now)

msxyz

Augur

Pretty sure that's a bug rather than design. I never had that happen, although I encountered hundreds of other bugs throughout my playthrough.
NPCs position (including enemies) is not saved, so chances are if you reload you might find yourself right in front of the spawn point of some enemy NPC. In addition to that, yes... sometimes the combat flag doesn't reset between reloads. I've encountered this bug a couple of times. Exiting the game and reloading the last save usually solved the issue.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Yeah its not only me who is seeing the downgrade wtf are those tards doing I cant even xD, why the fuck do they mess with high lod options it was working great on my 4 year old computer and reomoving console on pc is to hinder modding 100%.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1091500/discussions/0/4477106086843618785/

:avatard:

This is truly a Xmas gift that keeps on giving.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
Some concept arts from 2013. Actually looks pretty similar to what we got, except that flying vehicles were more prevalent and technology was a bit more advanced.
*snip*

where did you find this? so much wasted potential it's incredible. i wish power armor was still in the game.

btw i just noticed there are lots of mods, clothing and consumables that give you things like "10% more oxygen underwater" or "can't be detected underwater" even though there is just a single mission that is underwater (with no combat at all).
cut content or deus ex 1 reference (because of how pointless the whole thing is)?

edit: there are also no exotics in the game as far as i know even though they were a big part of the original PnP. no bozos (evil clown gang and probably the most famous gang from the 2020 pnp), no brainiacs (they got teased in the 2018 trailer), they even cut the thermal katana that was in the tools of destruction trailer that came out 2 months ago.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Not RPG, but better example of this.
iu
If this were an "immersive sim" it would have surpassed Deus Ex even. Its a major inspiration for me. I just wish it was more a sandbox where I was free to just live in that city. I especially loved how the character was on the side of the screen and worked as an inventory I've had similar ideas but obviously not so obnoxiously a big part of the display. Really great game though.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik

Informative video.
If anything, it only reinforced my initial view of the genre - it had substance and made sense at the beginning, at birth - in times of F. Dick, but somewhere around that point, in 70, it start to degenerate into superficial collection of templates, when graphical images of the future got the upper hand over the meaning, when meaning get boggled down is repeated scenes without even atempt to comprehend it. It almost feels like a religious rite in the worst meaning, like it was presented in PlanscapeTorment, in quest where NO becomes a mage - when meaning of the act is forgotten, and it's just meaningless mechanical repeatition.
Gibson honestly told, that his work is an expressionist take on the modern day, not sci fi.
Cyberpunk is in state of deep decline, cause there is no substance in it, it doesn't develope cause there is nothing to develope, and never was if we consider modent understanding of the genre, everything is just regurgitation of images of almost one writer from the times, when meaningful grain of the genre already died, and genre become more of type of visial design then anything else.
In my opinion, cyberpunk present the case of corruption of classical culture, when it got eaten not by post-modernism, but a thing that gave birth to post-modernism, dunno what it is - probably ciould be called zeitgeist?

It's funny, but I think the date in the video - June of 1989 (I'm 8 y.o.) I can figuratively present as when burying beetles gathered together and started to busily divide already dead body of the never borned genre.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom