Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Danikas

Arcane
Still it's so funny CDPR managed to destroy their good will and reputation in one fell swoop.
Even EA/Bioware needed like 2-3 games and a few years for that.
They sure will be remembered in the history of gaming just probably not how they imagined.

Also on a side note they keep censoring the game patch after patch(yeah I know about the genital clipping issues) not just that but overall nudity in the game.
Those X stickers on tits are so ugly and also censoring some of the adverts/posters in game.
Now it's not like i want to see dicks left and right in the game, but wasn't one of the selling points of the game sex/nudity etc...???
This is more a question of principle, how ironic that they still keep cutting stuff instead of adding to the game. Also anyone mentioning it on their officiall forums gets their post deleted :positive:
Also not sure why remove the console on PC other than to hinder modding (those free DLCs maybe not so free after all?)
Yeah its not only me who is seeing the downgrade wtf are those tards doing I cant even xD, why the fuck do they mess with high lod options it was working great on my 4 year old computer and reomoving console on pc is to hinder modding 100%.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1091500/discussions/0/4477106086843618785/

:avatard:

This is truly a Xmas gift that keeps on giving.
I was having fun with my wallpaper simulator then they drop this shit on me at least I can download the old version on gog gotta do it fast before they scrub it. :lol:

Danikas

Arcane
Never fucking mind Its already gone and I saw version 1.03 for download on gog 1h ago GOOD FUCKING GAME now all I can download is version 1.05 or fucking patches no version 1.03 gone poof :lol:

Xeon

Augur
Panam's train quest seems to be really buggy, I think its the buggiest quest I ran into so far. Got stuck in a small room after I was teleported right after I hacked a console, missing dialogue or something and during the fireplace talk, she freezes talking about stars.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
This is not a hero power fantasy self-insert as in 99% of rpgs. Can anyone give me another example where an RPG made you feel so powerless against your own inevitable demise no matter how much you thrash against your fate?
150087-planescape-torment-windows-front-cover.png
Not RPG, but better example of this.
iu
Let's not forget NieR, where the entire theme is struggling against a reality you can't, and won't, change. But you still struggle on because that's what humans do.

I love all games with that theme. Arguably Dark Souls (1) is about this, too. Struggling in a dying world against an inevitable end, and losing, day by day. Silent Hill 2, but there it's more about your mental decline.

Dreamweb was really disturbing. The way you get past the elderly security guard puzzle was memorable.

I think PST does it the best, though, in some ways. In all these games failure is inevitable to an extent. But in PST, unlike Dreamweb, you're happy about it. Failure in PST is victory. You finally die. You finally go to your eternal damnation, and you do it with a smile. It's powerful stuff. In Dreamweb I just felt bummed and used, which admittedly is the point.

JustMyOnion

Educated
Hmm...I was doing some stealth in one of the missions in a warehouse, got caught, flatlined. Reloading to previous quicksave made during non-aggro state loads me directly into combat situation. It hearkened to some RNG baked situation in turn based games that prevents save-scumming. Well, I could go guns blazing but it could be a bit too difficult or too much to bother or both, and would really break the immersion...this game really knows how to drag a player's esteem and expectations in shit-caked mud.

Pretty sure that's a bug rather than design. I never had that happen, although I encountered hundreds of other bugs throughout my playthrough.
Happens all the time for me. I load and the NPCs are facing a different way than before.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Never fucking mind Its already gone and I saw version 1.03 for download on gog 1h ago GOOD FUCKING GAME now all I can download is version 1.05 or fucking patches no version 1.03 gone poof :lol:
I never updates in the first place. I'm still on 1.03 and using the console mod.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Had a funny bug where I was in a apartment on the top of the building and I accidentally pressed V to call vehicle. Few seconds later I heard some strange noise and I saw my burning bike coming out of the elevator and up the stairs towards me.

x7DDUG.jpg

Hellion

Arcane
Had a funny bug where I was in a apartment on the top of the building and I accidentally pressed V to call vehicle. Few seconds later I heard some strange noise and I saw my burning bike coming out of the elevator and up the stairs towards me.

x7DDUG.jpg

It reminded me of this

sj-rX_Im0qC1urmEh_ap8eEOdXpoUwNxS0Y8PrUdkjzNSDxIe2mRLnNmNlgLtscEe8v9G_FAgWRbdN-ReXSGstZjAl770qqRu_T3Y1leOzxZhSv5cyljnHME8maJPEdD3z8z8UpEvzxqv1N0GipFfZdU0Ueyh_i-HNGFAQ

Loot around Night CIty is random but it's position is not. In addition to that it, doesn't respawn so the savegame remembers when something has been picked up. I restarted the game and, so far, I'm postponing playing the main quest. I'm stuck in Watson combing street by street and doing all side quests, while exploring for all the secret 'loot' CDPR left around (I'm using the guide to find stuff in places I doubt somebody would think about exploring). I'm almost done with Watson and Kabuki, meaning that I'll finally need to go pay a visit to Dex and board his limo. Savegame is already around 2.5MB, so I think I'm going to hit that limit even if I don't craft a single item (which I haven't till now)

I spent hours wiping gangs off the map to level street cred, get money (pretty bad way to get money as it turns out) and find better loot, so i probably looted hundreds of npc's just doing that. All I can say is the game ran smooth as butter and Works On My Machine™. On second playthrough now where I plan to do all sidequests and also use cheats to skip some of the grind. Feel free to report back later, I will if anyone still remembers the issue by then :salute:

Checking my first few saves, seems to start out at 1.2mb. Point of no return save was actually bigger (4.67mb) than endgame save (4.57mb). If I had to guess this is a total nonissue unless you dupe and cheat literally hundreds of items and tens of thousands of crafting components.

Also, not going to update to 1.05 since some people here said it hurts the visuals - I'm not having significant problems in the first place (patch notes seem trivial to me) and I may want to use the console mod to add clothes for style - MaxTac clothes for example https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/147

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Only way CDPR can redeem the game is if they actually add more content in and spend the next 3 years doing DLC. The first two (free) should be adding in more lifestyle content and the Jackie timeskipped stuff.

Doing multiplayerCP you wanted to say? Where every thing will work, and every cut off feature will be present.
:smug:

Wonder if Mike Pondsmith is angry at the whole situation with the console release and all the shit that comes with it? Worried that it hurt the Cyberpunk brand name?

I asked that like week ago but nobody was home here, it seems.

But it's not something fully experienced in the way we think it is - and it's therefore not recordable by anything.)

Also yeah, we got image upside down, but brain convert it in something we could use, turning it again.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
cyberpunk (the pnp) was dead until cdpr revived it. it might not be what everyone hoped for but pondsmith got a fat paycheck out of it and his cyberpunk pen & paper became semi relevant again. why should he be angry? it's not like rockstar was about to knock on his door to buy the rights off of him.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I never updates in the first place. I'm still on 1.03 and using the console mod.

Someone should keep initial releae version, to keep initial uncensored look of a game.

This is absolutely hilarious ahah. Also slight Stephen King horror vibes.

Last edited:

Xeon

Augur
Dude, the sex scene for Panam was weird as fuck lol. The mini game for the kids at River's quest was pretty fun, seeing the kids role play was hilarious and fun to watch.

JustMyOnion

Educated
How are megacorporations controlling the world when some random guy can stand in the middle of the street and manufacture a top of the line assault rifle out of some trash from the garbage bin?

ChildInTime

Learned
Some concept arts from 2013. Actually looks pretty similar to what we got, except that flying vehicles were more prevalent and technology was a bit more advanced.
*snip*

where did you find this? so much wasted potential it's incredible. i wish power armor was still in the game.

btw i just noticed there are lots of mods, clothing and consumables that give you things like "10% more oxygen underwater" or "can't be detected underwater" even though there is just a single mission that is underwater (with no combat at all).
cut content or deus ex 1 reference (because of how pointless the whole thing is)?

edit: there are also no exotics in the game as far as i know even though they were a big part of the original PnP. no bozos (evil clown gang and probably the most famous gang from the 2020 pnp), no brainiacs (they got teased in the 2018 trailer), they even cut the thermal katana that was in the tools of destruction trailer that came out 2 months ago.
On artstation. There is a lot of cyberpunk stuff there now that the game is out, and artists are free to post their contributions.

Tyrr

Liturgist
cyberpunk (the pnp) was dead until cdpr revived it. it might not be what everyone hoped for but pondsmith got a fat paycheck out of it and his cyberpunk pen & paper became semi relevant again. why should he be angry? it's not like rockstar was about to knock on his door to buy the rights off of him.
Mike also doesn't look like a simp.
cD817q2.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom